Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA exams?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

well are they currently worth doing, are they job prospects from doing the courses?

CompTIA A+

CompTIA Network+

i was looking at these to in particualr

at the moment i am studing network systems and software development fetac level6, but i am personally more instrested in hardware and system/network maitaince

i hope that this would be the right section for this thread and that maybe a few of the boardsies will have a bit of a insight for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Get them done this year, come 2011 you'll have to repeat them. as they expire. Complete them in 2010 and they're good for life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Ya they're worth doing if you want to work IT support, good topic list, pretty basic if you've done much other stuff, if not then a great place to start, wouldn't worry too much about the repeat/updates on them if you have them done and on your CV that's generally enough, I still use my MCSE's which are waaaay out of date on my CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

cheers for the reply lads i will give it a bit more consideration to knock them out this year done a few pratice tests all seems handy, some of the leagacy stuff is way old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Ya it need a big over haul if they're still doing the ISA stuff, bout 3-4 years off current standards when I was studying it, mainly though looks good on a cv.

Advertisement