Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI HD5xxx Map Load times hotfix driver

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It seems to be working fine with an announce from ATI that the 4xxx drivers will be released next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ponster wrote: »
    It seems to be working fine with an announce from ATI that the 4xxx drivers will be released next week.

Yeah I saw that too. Unusually, I don't seem to have very long map loading times...(HD4870)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well, TBH long load times are a tad misleading. Yes they are longer then nvidia but how much longer a few secs at best...not a major factor but a tad annoying.

Is it just the new DX11 cards having this issue or all ATi cards no matter what the generation?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well, TBH long load times are a tad misleading. Yes they are longer then nvidia but how much longer a few secs at best...not a major factor but a tad annoying.

Is it just the new DX11 cards having this issue or all ATi cards no matter what the generation?

Well I haven't noticed it being particular long, but a hotfix is being prepared for hd4xxx also

Apparently if you have the game set to DX11 it takes longer to load then say DX9 which would make sense I suppose.

I will try these out later. ;)

• Advertisement

Apparently if you have the game set to DX11 it takes longer to load then say DX9 which would make sense I suppose.

I will try these out later. ;)

It actually doesn't make sense, hence the hotfix. DX11 is vastly optimised over DX9, and should actually be FASTER

And if they're releasing it for HD4xxx cards, its not a DX11 exclusive problem

I think there is a small bug with ATi in general but more so with the 5xxx series, and what I read on the BFBC2 site is that the DX11 shaders which are more intensive then DX9 takes longer then it should. Which does make sense...I suppose.

I think there is a small bug with ATi in general but more so with the 5xxx series, and what I read on the BFBC2 site is that the DX11 shaders which are more intensive then DX9 takes longer then it should. Which does make sense...I suppose.

They're more intensive to run but not to load, as they are FAR more optimised than DX9.

You repeated yourself there BTW??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Maps loading like lightening for me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

TheFairy wrote: »

Me too.... 8/9 sec load times,almost takes away the pain of the random disconnects.

• Advertisement

TheFairy wrote: »

Good stuff :)

Advertisement