Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ technical interview tomorrow!!

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a c++ technical interview soon, the only instruction I have been given as to the content is that I will have to "implement a data structure in C++" and will be given two hours to do so...

two hours seems like a pretty long time to implement a linked list or binary tree.... any ideas on stuff I should look up/revise before hand

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm primarily a Java coder, but I do some of this. I'm not talking about a new implementation of a list here, but of real-life data modelling.

In terms of design, check out domain driven design. Also be aware of factories as a means of creating new objects.

Bear in mind how you would traverse your new objects: how would you find one in a collection, how would you display them in a UI and how would you persist them to a database

Don't forget about typing: one of the major benefits of any compiled language, and think about how you would validate your data as you fill your objects.

Advertisement