Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    Great post Mickey, just oozing wit quality ;) :P

Post whoring at it's finest!!

Meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Great post Mickey, just oozing with quality ;) :P

Post whoring at it's finest!!

Fixed that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Probably a repost of a repost ... but here's the full HD concert recorded in .. Nimes in France. (In Europe. In The World)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

jesus Lars has really improved for this one show................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

D.Q wrote: »
    jesus Lars has really improved for this one show................

There was a ridiculous amount of studio work done to that DVD before it was released. Lars hasn't played Blackened like that since the Justice tour. I hate when bands feel the need to 'enhance' their live releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    There was a ridiculous amount of studio work done to that DVD before it was released. Lars hasn't played Blackened like that since the Justice tour. I hate when bands feel the need to 'enhance' their live releases.

Yep, i hate when a band release a 'Live' album, but it's recorded in various cities on the tour, (ACDC springs to mind)

My fav live album is probably Sabbath 'Reunion', it's exactly how it happened on the night, right down to the lunatic who ran on stage, means a lot to me as i was front row for that gig so a great memento

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭briany

lord lucan wrote: »

Yeah!

*Throws copy of Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous out of the window. Immediately runs outside to pick it up, apologising to it profusely.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

My fav live album is probably Sabbath 'Reunion', it's exactly how it happened on the night, right down to the lunatic who ran on stage, means a lot to me as i was front row for that gig so a great memento

Yeah, the auto tune is live on that one

Hetfield has been quiet on Instagram for the past few weeks, and now we know why.

He's just posted a load of pics from a 2 week safari vacation in Tanzania, was a 50th birthday pressie from his family.

He was joined by best friend Jim Breuer and his family.

The pics look pretty good, there's one of just James, a close up, it really does look like a man who is happy and at peace with himself

For those who want to follow him http://instagram.com/papa_het_

Was pretty cool following him at first, i had quite a few conversations wit him, that was when he had around 500 followers, now it's over 50,000 and every fcukin picture is followed by "Come and play XXXXX"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Metallica Roskilde 2013 Setlist

The Ecstasy of Gold (intro)
    Blackened
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Disposable Heroes
    Harvester of Sorrow
    The Day that Never Comes
    Carpe Diem Baby
    I Disappear
    Sad but True
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Orion
    One
    Master of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Encore:
    Fuel
    Creeping Death
    Seek & Destroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Metallica Roskilde 2013 Setlist

En to tre fire!

Has anyone here ever done the meet & greet with Metallica??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

No but I'd pay any amount of money to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭KH25

I have. I met them when they played Marley Park in 2009.

I did the Meet and Greet at Dynamo Festival in Holland back in '99, was before the Meet and Greets are what they are now.

We used to go every year and had backstage passes most years, but if you've ever been backstage at a festival Metallica re playing at you'll only get into Metallica's area wit a Metallica laminate, not even an AAA will get ya in there.

Was hanging round and i asked this girl from their record company if she could get then to sign a 10x8 pic i had of them, she seen my metallica tattoo and just said, ask them yourself and gave me a Meet and Greet pass :D:D

We (about 30 of us) we herded to an inner area right next to the stage, a security guy came out and said only 2 autographs per band member and no pictures, which was pretty poor, then he asked us to only ask 1 question :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jason came out and signed 2 items each, he was cool as fcuk, by far my favourite eve member of Metallica.

5 mins later James came out, signed 1 autograph and heard Apocalyptica playing a tallica song, he shouted "Hey, that's my fcukin song, back in 5" and jumped up ontot he stage to watch.

5 mins later security guy shouts out that only 1 auto pe person now as time was getting on :mad:

James comes back, signs the shiit and leaves

Kirk and Lars never bothered their arses

All in all a very very bad experience

And they were crap at Dynamo too, just went through the motions

I've just seen videos of Metallica doing meet & greets on their official youtube definitely a fan friendly band, can you get either of them to sign anything or are there certain conditions that have to be adhered to during m&g sessions?

I've just seen videos of Metallica doing meet & greets on their official youtube definitely a fan friendly band, can you get either of them to sign anything or are there certain conditions that have to be adhered to during m&g sessions?

Usually it's no more than 2 things to be signed per band member. It can be anything,photo/guitar/drum head/magazine etc.

I met them 3 years ago in Madrid through the fan club. Thankfully my experience was better than Scudzillas. All four of them pretty much turn up 100% of the time these days and take plenty of time to get through it. They were in no rush when i met them,James took at least an hour if not more to get through everyone. Kirk was the quickest mainly because he's probably the most private and least talkative of the bunch. Lars,despite coming across as a bit of a clown sometimes was actually very nice in person and seemed genuinely interested in what you had to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

These days the M&G's are a lot better. For example a friend of mine won a pass back in the late 90's, and only Jason came out. The rest of the band were in the next room talking to other people and having beers and wouldn't come out to fans. Very different era.

I've spoken to Lars and Rob a few times and was fortunate to be brought up on stage in Moline when I did a few shows in the U.S. Having the aul Tri-Colour on the rail helps :D

These days the M&G's are a lot better. For example a friend of mine won a pass back in the late 90's, and only Jason came out. The rest of the band were in the next room talking to other people and having beers and wouldn't come out to fans. Very different era.

I've spoken to Lars and Rob a few times and was fortunate to be brought up on stage in Moline when I did a few shows in the U.S. Having the aul Tri-Colour on the rail helps :D

It was always Jason, he'd be out EVERY time while Lars powdered his nose, Kirk put on his make up and James just drank!!

I did do another meet and greet, sort of, was a month before the release of Garage Inc and Kerrang asked for Metallica fans to interview the band for them in London, they wanted phone calls but i missed it, so i sent a letter to then editor Phil alexander, 2 days later i got a call tellin me i could come down and to be at Kerrang Offices at 11am in London.

Went down, went to the offices, listened to the album then we (about 8 of us) headed for some hotel, was only Lars and Kirk as James and Jason were doing promo work in Australia/Japan.

Walked in and Kirk wasn't there, he'd been rushed into hospital wit appendicitis a few hours earlier.

Was a good hour or so, that year they were heavily rumoured to be playin Galstonbury, where ya can't buy day tickets, i mentioned this to Lars and he was like "it's a good possibility", i asked him not to as Metallica fans couldn;t buy day tickets and would have to sit through 3 days of **** to see them. They never did play it, like to think it was me but i know it wasn't

• Advertisement

Metallica will be at Comic Con to promote Metallica: Through The Never along with Dane Dehaan & Director/Writer Nimrod Antal and Producer Charlotte Huggins

Metallica will also play a ''surprise'' show afterwards

Metallica will be at Comic Con to promote Metallica: Through The Never along with Dane Dehaan & Director/Writer Nimrod Antal and Producer Charlotte Huggins

Metallica will also play a ''surprise'' show afterwards

Not much of a surprise! They're running contests for tickets on Metclub.

Just watching this video from their Orion gig a few weeks back,Lars looks old and quite tubby in it! Living the good life must be taking its toll.:P

Lars must be practicing because i can hear double bass

Anybody else at this gig? Donington '91, was a great day, Metallica....then DC!!!

Set List

1-Enter Sandman
    2-Creeping Death
    3-Harvester of Sorrow
    4-Fade to Black
    5-Sad but True
    6-Master of Puppets (Short Version)
    7-Seek & Destroy
    8-For Whom the Bell Tolls
    9-One
    10-Whiplash
    11-Last Caress (Misfits cover)
    12-Am I Evil? (Diamond Head cover) (Short Version)
    13-Battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Drums sounded killer back then, very full and beefy. Nowadays his snare sounds so weak. I'd love to see him go back to that exact setup.

The theatrical trailer for Metallica Through The Never

Film Poster

74642_10151502647965264_1829966377_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Fúck me... that film (if you can call it that) looks like the biggest crock of shít ever!

Metallica will be releasing a soundtrack for Through The Never

http://www.metallica.com/news/20130729-437476.asp

Disc One
    The Ecstasy of Gold,
    Creeping Death,
    For Whom the Bell Tolls,
    Fuel,
    Ride the Lightning,
    One,
    The Memory Remains,
    Wherever I May Roam,
    Cyanide,
    ...And Justice for All

Disc Two
    Master of Puppets,
    Battery,
    Nothing Else Matters,
    Enter Sandman,
    Hit the Lights,
    Orion

• Advertisement

Metallica will be releasing a soundtrack for Through The Never

http://www.metallica.com/news/20130729-437476.asp

Disc One
    The Ecstasy of Gold,
    Creeping Death,
    For Whom the Bell Tolls,
    Fuel,
    Ride the Lightning,
    One,
    The Memory Remains,
    Wherever I May Roam,
    Cyanide,
    ...And Justice for All

Disc Two
    Master of Puppets,
    Battery,
    Nothing Else Matters,
    Enter Sandman,
    Hit the Lights,
    Orion

Bit pointless really releasing a live album as they have all their stuff up on Livemetallica and you can pick what songs you want.

Of course being a sucker for anything Metallica I'll probably buy it.

Advertisement