Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bit pointless really releasing a live album as they have all their stuff up on Livemetallica and you can pick what songs you want.

Of course being a sucker for anything Metallica I'll probably buy it.

while i'll just DL it ;)

But then again, do i really want it, got so many live gigs from them on my HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Of course being a sucker for anything Metallica I'll probably buy it.

You are the kind of fan that Lars Ulrich has erections over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

You are the kind of fan that Lars Ulrich has erections over.

I hate waking up and having Lars standing there with an erection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭briany

The band should have written 2 songs for Through the Never and written them to work with the film in the same way that Minus Human and No Leaf Clover worked with the orchestra for S&M. Would have at least made the OST a bit interesting. As it is, I don't see the point of it as we've enough live Metallica. Even failing writing a couple of new tunes, they could have included 2 or 3 songs that they never play. Something special either way would have made the soundtrack pop but all it is now is a money making exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

briany wrote: »
    The band should have written 2 songs for Through the Never and written them to work with the film in the same way that Minus Human and No Leaf Clover worked with the orchestra for S&M. Would have at least made the OST a bit interesting. As it is, I don't see the point of it as we've enough live Metallica. Even failing writing a couple of new tunes, they could have included 2 or 3 songs that they never play. Something special either way would have made the soundtrack pop but all it is now is a money making exercise.

You just described every action of Metallica in the last 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I reckon the soundtrack is just an excuse to release something on blackened records. They've released one dvd on it so far and no music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This smells of an accounting exercise!! Anyway i'm deffo going to see this, fair play to them I don't instantly recognise anyone from the IMDB, so it seems a lot of people are getting their big break as it does look spectacular......i know it's a tall order but i really hope the story is actually good, if the errand is a good one with a few twists and turns i'd be happy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

I prefer not to watch or listen to any new Metallica stuff. It just makes me sad. Still play all the old stuff in my car when I'm driving. Live Seattle is the current choice.

Yellow121 wrote: »
    I prefer not to watch or listen to any new Metallica stuff. It just makes me sad. Still play all the old stuff in my car when I'm driving. Live Seattle is the current choice.

Ah you don't know what you're missing. James telling us we're all part of the family during Enter Sandman is great craic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Oh no, the tallica family. Does he still do the "shhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa" just as a song is about to get into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That film looks atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Ah you don't know what you're missing. James telling us we're all part of the family during Enter Sandman is great craic

Metallica loves you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

This is pretty random but..whatever.

Everybody knows about the Metallica vs Napster thing. Sean Parker was the founder of Napster and he got married recently in an over-the-top Lord of the Rings themed ceremony.

Guess who was there:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2013/09/photos-sean-parker-wedding_slideshow_item5_6

Told you it was random! :p

Happy Fridays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭briany

This is pretty random but..whatever.

Everybody knows about the Metallica vs Napster thing. Sean Parker was the founder of Napster and he got married recently in an over-the-top Lord of the Rings themed ceremony.

Guess who was there:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2013/09/photos-sean-parker-wedding_slideshow_item5_6

Told you it was random! :p

Happy Fridays!

I watched that film 'Downloaded' about the rise and fall of Napster and of course it covers the Metallica stuff. One of the things I was surprised to learn was that Ulrich said he actually got on pretty well with Parker and Fanning and claimed there was personal animosity, so Lars showing up at the wedding is not that random.

Probably a good day and night full of expensive food, drink and entertainment for all who attended as well. Parker's minted these days.

Lars is the size of a hobbit anyway

As for that pic, has he got a boner??

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

Hi lads, a friend of mine has just sent me on these pics. 4 of them are from 1986 when the band were in Ireland. I'll try and find out where he got them as they must be quite rare. This stuff is absolutely gold to me but they also make me quite sad as Cliff died just a few weeks later. I don't own these photo's nor do claim any rights to them. I just though that some folks on here would like to see them. Apologies if they have been posted already.
    Edit: sorry but I don't know how to display the actual picture, also included are some photos of Kirk in Exodus.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

montec wrote: »

Which castle would that be?

In other news

Happy Birthday Het, 50 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

50 today on the third of August.

That's three fiddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    Which castle would that be?

Think it's blarney and they're on the platform were you kiss the blarney stone.

Fantastic photos, great atmosphere to them and sad at the same time knowing what happened a few weeks later.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Think it's blarney and they're on the platform were you kiss the blarney stone.

Fantastic photos, great atmosphere to them and sad at the same time knowing what happened a few weeks later.

Was still in Wales back then, what sort of tour was it? Just Dublin or a few dates?

And as for the Blarney stone, i guess we can blame that on what Lars has become :pac:

Cool pics but I'd be surprised if it was Blarney castle. They played Dublin one night then Belfast the next on that tour so I doubt they would have gone 4+ hours out of their way for a few photos. i'd say it's more likely some castle somewhere along the old Dublin - Belfast road.

Most castles will have rails for safety as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

The pub is in Kilsaran about 7mile from Dundalk,and the statue is across the road from it. Dunno where the castle is tho.

Been listening to the new Avenged Sevenfold album, pretty good but fcuk me, they really wanna be Metallica

This track is just pure Metallica, guitars, rythm, bass, drums, vocals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

scudzilla wrote: »
    Been listening to the new Avenged Sevenfold album, pretty good but fcuk me, they really wanna be Metallica

This track is just pure Metallica, guitars, rythm, bass, drums, vocals

I get a kind of a Sad But True vibe off it, not bad at all, never been a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

montec wrote: »

Nice find, good pictures but sad at the same time. Cliff seemed a fairly happy go lucky bloke, they played here like 2 weeks before the accident according to their tour itinerary on their website. Wish I could have got to see them in their glory days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The state of Hammett in those shots lol. He was(at the time) second oldest in the band. Looked like youngest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just seen this on Cineworld Cinemas Twitter:
    Metallica Through the Never will be released on IMAX screens only (inc Dublin). Obey your master and come crawling faster 4th Oct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Just seen this on Cineworld Cinemas Twitter:
    ya know what?.....i'm looking forward to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

ya know what?.....i'm looking forward to this

Me too :)

If anything/ridiculous plot aside - IMAX Metallica gig can't be a bad thing!

Advertisement