Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beekay wrote: »
    Watched that aswell.
    Managed to get my Mam and Girlfriend to watch it as I have a nephew with Autism so it got their interest and they were very surprised and happy to see how much time and effort Lars put in when he met him in the film.

Whatever about people say about Lars he does seem to have an interest in the fans and what they have to say going by the MET Club videos where they meet the fans.

I watched it last week with Mrs. Lucan(who has zero interest in my taste in music) and she was in floods by the end of it. She thought Metallica and Lars were the best thing ever after watching it!

It is a great film and the band and Lars in particular do come out of it very well in fairness. It was funny seeing them talking in the corridor and Kerry King just hanging around in the background parked on a flight case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The return of Sonisphere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

life is for living!

The Metallica family loves you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

St. Jimmy wrote: »

oooooh. I wonder what it is....... and how much money they'll make from it.

Metallica Inc. floating on the stock exchange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Metallica Inc. floating on the stock exchange?

Was thinking along those lines....like Bowie bonds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ush wrote: »
    Was thinking along those lines....like Bowie bonds.
    they are surely too rich to to float on the markets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

STILL not listened to it :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

scudzilla wrote: »
    STILL not listened to it :D:D

It NEVER HAPPENED!

Also
    hetfieldtable.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Kirk's always been an idiot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It NEVER HAPPENED!

Also
    hetfieldtable.jpg

Lol :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

lord lucan wrote: »
    Probably a concept album with Leonard Cohen.:pac:

My guess is a Metallica theme park, or a smooth jazz album. Regardless of what it is, I know the fans are gonna hate it and I know I'm gonna hate it. And regardless of that, I'm still gonna buy it because I am a grade-A sap.

I'd kill to go back in time and see them in the mid 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Saw them twice back then on the Damage, Inc tour. In England and in Ireland.

Nuts in a way when I think back to the UK date that only a week later that news of Cliff was filtering back to kids all over the planet.

Can still remember finding out about it as rumours of a crash surfaced on the Sunday and by the time I was back to school the next day it was confirmed. A bunch of us after school then headed for our source of music info (Probe records) and lots of teenage wtf type conversation ensued.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Saw them twice back then on the Damage, Inc tour. In England and in Ireland.

Nuts in a way when I think back to the UK date that only a week later that news of Cliff was filtering back to kids all over the planet.

Can still remember finding out about it as rumours of a crash surfaced on the Sunday and by the time I was back to school the next day it was confirmed. A bunch of us after school then headed for our source of music info (Probe records) and lots of teenage wtf type conversation ensued.

That's crazy. I'd say those gigs were unreal huh

That's crazy. I'd say those gigs were unreal huh

Actually wish I had been a little older going to them. They were great gigs, but I think I would have even better memories had I been a little older.

Was 13 at the time, so was still fairly new to gigs with proper mosh pits.

Just saw the Metallica movie today in Cineworld. What a load of bollocks! The concert part (which is 80% of the feature) was unreal. But the "movie" part was absolutely terrible. At the end of the film the entire audience started laughing in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Just saw the Metallica movie today in Cineworld. What a load of bollocks! The concert part (which is 80% of the feature) was unreal. But the "movie" part was absolutely terrible. At the end of the film the entire audience started laughing in the cinema.

Feck that, I won't bother me bollocks so!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

it's amazing how far up your own hole you can disappear when surrounded by yesmen.

Watched a clip of them live doing the "family" thing and cringed big time.

I was there for the gig mentioned above and many subsequent gigs but not sure i would go anymore as they are getting rediculous now.

Metallica family my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

it's amazing how far up your own hole you can disappear when surrounded by yesmen.

Watched a clip of them live doing the "family" thing and cringed big time.

I was there for the gig mentioned above and many subsequent gigs but not sure i would go anymore as they are getting rediculous now.

Metallica family my hole.

You have hit the nail on the head there, all the yes men, sell this, sell that, merchandise everything that moves. I see the Metallica christmas jumpers are now on sale too.

274649.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You have hit the nail on the head there, all the yes men, sell this, sell that, merchandise everything that moves. I see the Metallica christmas jumpers are now on sale too.

Slayer got in there before them!;)

slayer-jumper.gif

Tbh for a band with the fanbase the size it has i'm surprised there's not more merchandise ,especially with the new rich fans in emerging markets like China and India.

Load of f@&kin s@$%e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Load of f@&kin s@$%e!

What is Mickey??

The new film?
    The jumpers?
    Lulu?
    Anything after Puppets?
    The same set list night after night?
    The Metallica family bit?
    Lars' drumming?
    Load/Reload?
    The production on AJFA?

scudzilla wrote: »
    What is Mickey??

The new film?
    The jumpers?
    Lulu?
    Anything after Puppets?
    The same set list night after night?
    The Metallica family bit?
    Lars' drumming?
    Load/Reload?
    The production on AJFA?

The endless line of crappy merchandise. Haven't seen the film, so can't comment on it. The Metallica Family thing is cringetastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Any other two cents' on the new film? Was going to go see Filth this evening but am humming and hawing about going to see through the never.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The concert itself is decent. The story part of the film is... weird. It could work as a stand alone film but when cut with the concert, it's just bizarre. I'm glad I saw it in the cinema. Nice and loud too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Was gonna go see it but €16.60 in cineworld... Not for that much

Beekay wrote: »
    Was gonna go see it but €16.60 in cineworld... Not for that much

For one person? :eek:

Better value to just head down to your local HMV/Xtravision and buy the live soundtrack for €13.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Kess73 wrote: »
    For one person? :eek:

Yep..cineworld IMAX evening prices are a bit crazy alright!

• Advertisement

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/metallica-lars-hints-at-new-frontier/

In a new interview with The Quietus, Lars stated: "I believe that there’s an announcement on October 8. But don’t hold me to that, I’ve been a little caught up in [the film]. I found myself telling one of your colleagues earlier, there’s an Iron Maiden album called The Final Frontier. So I’ll borrow that from my interview an hour ago, and say, 'My clue will be the Iron Maiden album, The Final Frontier.' There you go."

Hmmmmm. Last album?

Advertisement