Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Probably a gig in Antarctica it's the only continent they haven't played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/metallica-lars-hints-at-new-frontier/

In a new interview with The Quietus, Lars stated: "I believe that there’s an announcement on October 8. But don’t hold me to that, I’ve been a little caught up in [the film]. I found myself telling one of your colleagues earlier, there’s an Iron Maiden album called The Final Frontier. So I’ll borrow that from my interview an hour ago, and say, 'My clue will be the Iron Maiden album, The Final Frontier.' There you go."

Hmmmmm. Last album?

Quite possibly the last full length album, they'll go onto 4 track releases from now on, either that, or Lars is gonna be a pilot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lord lucan wrote: »

Yeah, the recession hasn't hit there yet and the penguins are loaded so plenty of money to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

lord lucan wrote: »

They're gonna drill for oil under polar ice caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    Quite possibly the last full length album, they'll go onto 4 track releases from now on, either that, or Lars is gonna be a pilot!!

Could be??? Poor Rob only getting to appear on two studio albums if that's the case???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Could be??? Poor Rob only getting to appear on two studio albums if that's the case???

He knew the score when he joined.

I've said it before, with the age we're in (people downloading) i really couldn't see them doing another full length album so would be surprised if they do, after the success of Beyond Magnetic i see this the way they'll go, releasing a 4 track every year or so, takes all the pressure off them and gives them more time to tour, where the real money is

scudzilla wrote: »
    He knew the score when he joined.

I've said it before, with the age we're in (people downloading) i really couldn't see them doing another full length album so would be surprised if they do, after the success of Beyond Magnetic i see this the way they'll go, releasing a 4 track every year or so, takes all the pressure off them and gives them more time to tour, where the real money is

You're probably right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Seeing the movie tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Seeing the movie tonight!

Please don't waste your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Poor oul Rob was a renouned bass player before he joined metallica....he hasn't been seen since!!

• Advertisement

Poor oul Rob was a renouned bass player before he joined metallica....he hasn't been seen since!!

He still is. He is part of a band in which no single member stands out from the rest.

Where is this damn announcement?

HUH?

Wat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maybe it will be something like what Will.I.Am did with one of his tracks being used (or going to be used) by NASA for a broadcast into space.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Maybe it will be something like what Will.I.Am did with one of his tracks being used (or going to be used) by NASA for a broadcast into space.
    If it is it better be from Master Of Puppets.

Please don't waste your money.

I actually loved it ..... So did my non Metallica fan girlfriend. Kinda wanna go again!

If it is it better be from Master Of Puppets.

Which was my music of choice in the car this morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I actually loved it ..... So did my non Metallica fan girlfriend. Kinda wanna go again!

Went to see it myself last night, was impressed and didn't expect to be!

Loved Orion at the end..

Still wondering what the hell was in that bag :P

• Advertisement

Really? I thought most fans like me would hate it. I thought it was the most contrived piece of **** I've ever seen (the story mind you, not the concert which was excellent). Oh well glad you enjoyed it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Was looking at the CD in HMV today. There's a standard one for €16.99 and then there's a fancy package for €24.99.

Anyone know if there's anything extra in the fancy one?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Was looking at the CD in HMV today. There's a standard one for €16.99 and then there's a fancy package for €24.99.

Anyone know if there's anything extra in the fancy one?

Xtravision (who are owned by the same company as HMV) as advertising the standard one for €13.99.

See Page 24

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/xtra-magazine

Wouyld be a bit mad to pay €16.99 for it when the same company is selling the same CD for €13.99 in one of their other stores.

As for the difference between HMVs €16.99 version and their €24.99 version. The packaging and that's it. Both are two cd versions containing the exact same songs. One just has a fancier cover (and is a digipak which I tend to hate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Think you get a 'M' stencil in the more expensive pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

yknaa wrote: »

Are you sure it's not a '$' stencil ?

yknaa wrote: »

The stencil is part of the outer cover.

Defo not worth paying €24.99 for though, when Xtravison are selling the regular version with the exact same songs for €13.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Another example of a great, tight Metallica performance from back in the day. This day in 1991 apparently.

I got the special edition of that soundtrack, thinking it would have something special in it. imagine my disappointment at it just being a stencil

Still no word on this mysterious announcement??

• Advertisement

Still no word on this mysterious announcement??

Not a damn peep. The Metallica forum is erupting with anger haha

Advertisement