Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Feeling the luuuuurve on this thread........NOT! Guys, opinions are like a$@eh0les.......everybody has one!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Feeling the luuuuurve on this thread........NOT! Guys, opinions are like a$@eh0les.......everybody has one!

And they,re usually full of s**t

jimboblep wrote: »
    And they,re usually full of s**t

Not necessarily, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Absolutely love I Disappear, shame Metallica won't play it live

They do play it occasionally. It's so much better live than the studio version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's a song that needs to explode live, alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Pretty sure they played I Disappear at Sonisphere last time round...

Edit: huh, maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They do play it occasionally. It's so much better live than the studio version

It's no good being played occassionally, Metallica should switch out Enter Sandman, and stick I Disappear in it's place

It's no good being played occassionally, Metallica should switch out Enter Sandman, and stick I Disappear in it's place

Never going to happen. Just look at each "by request" voting table. Enter Sandman, nothing else matters and sad but true are near the top in every single ballot. They aren't going to take these out of the setlist any time soon as much as it annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Never going to happen. Just look at each "by request" voting table. Enter Sandman, nothing else matters and sad but true are near the top in every single ballot. They aren't going to take these out of the setlist any time soon as much as it annoys me!

Load came out in 96, I'm holding onto the slim chance that 2016 will see it played in its entirety. We'll probably still get the sandman / creeping death / nothing else matters / seek staples, but that'd be a great show to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Load came out in 96, I'm holding onto the slim chance that 2016 will see it played in its entirety.!

As long as they skip 'Poor Twisted Me'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

As long as they skip 'Poor Twisted Me'

There was a time when I'd have agreed with you, but Carpe Diem Baby saounded amazing at the Filmore show. I'd be willing to give Poor Twisted Me a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Jeez! I've had a look at most of the "By Request" set lists and they are so uninspiring. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing Frayed Ends of Sanity anytime soon!:(

Degag wrote: »
    Jeez! I've had a look at most of the "By Request" set lists and they are so uninspiring. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing Frayed Ends of Sanity anytime soon!:(

Every single one of them are terrible. The exact same songs! And all regularly played! It will be good to bring my girlfriend to a show as it's her first show but for me (my 7th show) it's gonna be the same as always!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Looks like the Metallica By Request website is broken. Every gig is the exact same, including Whiskey In The Jar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The requests were fcukin amazing during the fan club presale, then it went on general sale and the Nothing Else Matters & Enter Sandman brigade joined the fray :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

scudzilla wrote: »
    The requests were fcukin amazing during the fan club presale, then it went on general sale and the Nothing Else Matters & Enter Sandman brigade joined the fray :(:(

Yeah, I know I said in an earlier post that I wouldn't like a setlist "hit" free if I were going to it, but fúck it, it's embarrassing what people are voting for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah, I know I said in an earlier post that I wouldn't like a setlist "hit" free if I were going to it, but fúck it, it's embarrassing what people are voting for!

Just checked out the knebworth one, thank fcuk i'm not going, nothing from load/reload/DM, the same stock set list they played for years, i can't get some people, they should have let the fan club vote then closed it

I'd happily go to a Metallica show with Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters & Seek & Destroy absent from the set list, more deep cuts needed in the set imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

*sigh*

Man it's boring looking at those setlists. Two best shows I've been to in terms of setlist were the DM launch shows in Berlin and London in 2008. Sandman and NEM dropped, got Blitzkrieg, Jump in the Fire and Stone Cold Crazy in their stead. Wish they would go back to throwing in a few rarities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Just had a look at the setlist for most of the shows. I'm flaberghasted at the choices made. Every show has the bands most played tracks. They had the chance to see some very rarely played songs but not one rarity won the vote. The fans that chose those setlists are ****ing idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

So it would seem Metallica knew their audience all along when choosing the set list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    Just had a look at the setlist for most of the shows. I'm flaberghasted at the choices made. Every show has the bands most played tracks. They had the chance to see some very rarely played songs but not one rarity won the vote. The fans that chose those setlists are ****ing idiots.

A large amount of fans gong to these shows are going to be seeing them for the first time, or are just casual fans. It's hardly surprising their more popular songs are being chosen. Calling the people making these choices idiots is a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A large amount of fans gong to these shows are going to be seeing them for the first time, or are just casual fans. It's hardly surprising their more popular songs are being chosen. Calling the people making these choices idiots is a bit much.

Pretty much this. Im seeing them in Belgium, with the way that festival is lineup-wise itd always be hard to get rare songs. Annoying for me, dont know how much i'll watch though.

METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett has told Billboard the band will start working on a new album "in a couple of weeks. When we start, that's going to be our main priority, and we're pretty excited about it because we've been saying we need to start working on this album, but we've been procrastinating greatly with it," he says.

understatement of the day

Most of their fans nowadays only know the stuff from the Black album onwards.

It's sad but true really, that most Metallica fans nowadays only know like you said Black album onwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's sad but true really, that most Metallica fans nowadays only know like you said Black album onwards

I see what ya did there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

funny thats when I stopped listening to them with that rubbish black album

• Advertisement

ROY RACE wrote: »
    funny thats when I stopped listening to them with that rubbish black album

Now in all fairness, The Black Album isn't rubbish, sure it's not the Metallica fans were used to, but calling it a rubbish album is just silly

Advertisement