Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

I wonder if Jason would love to be in the band now? They are now where he really wanted them to be mentally. I will never ever get used to Robs fúcking crab walk, and he is now in metallica 11 years, coming up to Jason's 14, yet only 1 album....but millions of dollars.

Jason was perfect for the band, things would probably be different if James had gone to rehab before Jason left.

I saw Jason's scuzz interview, I still think he should have stuck it out. James píssed off to rehab for nearly a year after Jason left, what a perfect time to rebuild the band it could have been, with Jason in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I wonder if Jason would love to be in the band now? They are now where he really wanted them to be mentally. I will never ever get used to Robs fúcking crab walk, and he is now in metallica 11 years, coming up to Jason's 14, yet only 1 album....but millions of dollars.

Jason was perfect for the band, things would probably be different if James had gone to rehab before Jason left.

I saw Jason's scuzz interview, I still think he should have stuck it out. James píssed off to rehab for nearly a year after Jason left, what a perfect time to rebuild the band it could have been, with Jason in it.

Sorta glad he's not in it anymore, he was my fav ever member and they didn't fcukin deserve him, glad he seems to have found peace and happiness, he could have gone the other road, all bitter and twisted like Mustaine

scudzilla wrote: »
    Sorta glad he's not in it anymore, he was my fav ever member and they didn't fcukin deserve him, glad he seems to have found peace and happiness, he could have gone the other road, all bitter and twisted like Mustaine

Maybe the new sober James would have Given Jason a chance... He wrote all the lyrics for flotsam and jetsams first album.

Or maybe not, James is a control freak, we all saw that in "some kind of monster"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

. I will never ever get used to Robs fúcking crab walk, and he is now in metallica 11 years, coming up to Jason's 14, yet only 1 album....but millions of dollars.

That is an appalling and shocking statistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

With the exception of Jason, it was probably because they were all going bald and long hair but bald on top does look pretty stupid

It took Kerry king a long time to swallow that pill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nuts, isn't it....!?

Also wrong, ya forgots Lulu :pac::pac::pac:

Also wrong, ya forgots Lulu :pac::pac::pac:

Lulu can go and fúck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lulu can go and fúck off

Yeah, she can! F&!king Scottish Ginger Midget:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

They are performing One at the Grammys tonight with lang lang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Beekay wrote: »
    They are performing One at the Grammys tonight with lang lang.

I'm curious to see how Metallica & Lang Lang play One, hopefully it'll be on Youtube by the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm curious to see how Metallica & Lang Lang play One, hopefully it'll be on Youtube by the morning

Dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Absolutely awful performance of One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Awesome...go lang lang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Was Bill Bailey playing the drums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

It was very meh. The piano worked in parts, but definitely felt out of place in others. Who is Lang Lang anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

That was very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭KH25

That was an absolute abomination. The piano just didn't work and did not go with the song at all. Its like he decided to play his own song instead. Dreadful.

The piano worked in parts of the song didn't in other parts, felt it was a very meh performance to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

That was...... interesting......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Fcuk me that was some awful tripe,they looked like the cabaret act they parodied on the garage inc album.

kirk_zpscbeccd9c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What a crock of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

KH25 wrote: »
    That was an absolute abomination. The piano just didn't work and did not go with the song at all. Its like he decided to play his own song instead. Dreadful.
    Couldn't agree more. I've been a Metallica fan for 30 years but that was truly cringworthy! The director must have been on his tea break when they were dress rehearsing that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

In one sense I admire them for always trying to do something different and sometimes it works (e.g. S&M), but on the other hand sometimes it's crap (Lulu) and this definitely falls into that category.

Just stick to what you're good at and make an album for God's sake!

I've just about had it with the band now, i've been a fan since 1985, have seen them 30 odd times all over Europe, but i hate what they've become, everything they used to stand against.

Poor lethargic mediocre live sets that are so fcukin similar year after year, 2 albums in what, 10yrs?

Sure i'll still listen to them but the day has long gone when i'd jump on a plane/ferry to go see them, hell, the last 2 times i went to see them (Marlay) i didn't even get excited before the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've just about had it with the band now, i've been a fan since 1985, have seen them 30 odd times all over Europe, but i hate what they've become, everything they used to stand against.

Poor lethargic mediocre live sets that are so fcukin similar year after year, 2 albums in what, 10yrs?

Sure i'll still listen to them but the day has long gone when i'd jump on a plane/ferry to go see them, hell, the last 2 times i went to see them (Marlay) i didn't even get excited before the gig

Can't argue with that,i'm of a similar mind. Setlists over the last few years have been boring,by the numbers setlists. I appreciate they like to push the boundaries but it appears they're moving further and further away from what they once were. I've even let my membership of their fanclub lapse after 13 years as a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭briany

They've become middle-aged multimillionaires, I suppose. 30 years of touring, recording, and reaping the rewards of untold commercial success will do that to you. Two albums in ten years is indeed the case but it was the same between '97 and '08 with only Reload and DM to go on, if we're talking original material only, and they had Jason leave, the Napster debacle, James cleaning his act up, insisting on touring some of the St. Anger anger stuff which, by all accounts, went down dreadfully live. Metallica were the uncoolest band in the world (or, well, after the perennial no.1s Limp Bizkit) and I don't see a whole lot of variance in their set lists from years past either where they were throwing in surprises or b-sides beyond swapping in one Garage cover for another.

I think the criticisms being levelled at Metallica are valid but have been for a pretty long time now too and what I was saying with the above paragraph is there's been reason enough to leave them behind if you looked for it. I'm guessing your current frustration is a cumulative one.

You'd think that someone like Lang Lang would know to hang back if unsure of his role in the music which seemed to be the case. Weird, weird performance.

• Advertisement

Well it seems Lars has put a kibosh on a Metallica album being released this year

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/lars-ulrich-no-new-metallica-album-before-2015/
    While Metallica are definitely getting to work on the follow-up to 2008′s Death Magnetic, they’re certainly happy to take their time.
    Lars was caught on the red carpet at this year’s Grammys, and confirmed that the metal legends are “all about”, a new album, but that fans shouldn’t expect to hear any actual new music any time soon.

This album better be worth the almost 7 year wait when it's eventually released, and hopefully it'll be handled better in regards to the production side of it

Advertisement