Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭briany

There's a discussion going on @ MetallicaBB about the alternative version of I disappear that got leaked onto Napster in 2000. Supposedly you can't find it online anywhere now. I've never heard it but supposedly it was a demo that had the dynamics flipped (heavier chorus/softer verse). Strange when you consider that it was all over the Internet at one time, and it even had radio play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Happy Birthday Cliff, never forgotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

or an even better watch......CLIFF 'EM ALL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

So new song coming this month. The 16th to be precise. I am excited and optimistic. Unless by "we play a new song" the are refering to a song they have never played live before. . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭briany

So new song coming this month. The 16th to be precise. I am excited and optimistic. Unless by "we play a new song" the are refering to a song they have never played live before. . . .

I'd be surprised if it were a new song because they're always saying how they're just getting the riffs together and figuring out what to do with them. To go from that to a new song would be quite a leap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

They mentioned in November that a new song would be premiered on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not bad for the 23 year old self titled album,

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/record-sales/metallicas-black-album-is-about-to-crack-16-million-in-u-s-sales
    At it's current pace, it will crack 16 million in about 3 months.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Bit late to the party there Metal Hammer, they announced from the off that a new song would be performed each night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wonder will that be a new Metallica song or the Dio medley that's coming out soon.

It does say they are 'working out kinks' which shouldn't be the case with a song they've already recorded so hopefully it is a brand new one.

• Advertisement

As we embark on two short treks through Europe, we're going to give you, the ticket holders, the chance to vote on what songs you would like to hear at the show(s) that you attend. It will be pretty simple... pick up your ticket(s) online and you'll receive an e-mail shortly after with a code and a link to a site on which you may cast your ballot. We normally play around 18 songs a night, and since we didn't want to be left out of the fun, the band also gets to vote... and we vote for a NEW SONG! That leaves the other 17 slots for you to choose, so vote for all your favorites from the close to 140 songs we've recorded in our career and to make it more fun along the way, you'll be able to follow what you and your fellow fans are selecting by watching the site for continuous results.
    What part of that is not clear :P

I wonder will that be a new Metallica song or the Dio medley that's coming out soon.

It does say they are 'working out kinks' which shouldn't be the case with a song they've already recorded so hopefully it is a brand new one.

If i were a betting man, i'd say it'll be a completely brand new song, or Metallica could start & tease with the Dio Medley...... Then segue into the new untitled song.

New song. Mightn't even make the album.

ush wrote: »
    New song. Mightn't even make the album.

Could possibly mirror Death Magnetic, 10 song album, 4 outtakes kept for an e.p

Could possibly mirror Death Magnetic, 10 song album, 4 outtakes kept for an e.p

Or the 'New Song' and 'Other New Song' thing they did last time out

Anything could happen with the 'New Song' this weekend, and more than likely footage of it will be on Metallica's Youtube a day later.

Anyways....... 32 years ago today, Metallica played their first ever gig at Radio City in Anaheim, California

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I just want to say I've listened to Death Magnetic nearly every day for the past 2 weeks, it's a fucking amazing album! The vinyl is not a hampered by clipping as the cd / mp3 which definitely helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I just want to say I've listened to Death Magnetic nearly every day for the past 2 weeks, it's a fucking amazing album! The vinyl is not a hampered by clipping as the cd / mp3 which definitely helps

A lot of people were a little lukewarm to it but 5 and a half years on and it still gets a regular listen from me,i think it's a fantastic album. I include Beyond Magnetic in that too.

I can't believe i'll say this on a forum but i was driving home from work the other day with the ipod on shuffle when St.Anger(the song) came on,what a belting tune. I nearly drove the car off the road whilst rocking out too it. Haven't listened to it in years tbh and it sounded great,apart from the crappy snare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

lord lucan wrote: »
    A lot of people were a little lukewarm to it but 5 and a half years on and it still gets a regular listen from me,i think it's a fantastic album. I include Beyond Magnetic in that too.

I can't believe i'll say this on a forum but i was driving home from work the other day with the ipod on shuffle when St.Anger(the song) came on,what a belting tune. I nearly drove the car off the road whilst rocking out too it. Haven't listened to it in years tbh and it sounded great,apart from the crappy snare!

Deffo agree on St. Anger. It's been creeping back into my rotation lately as well (well title track, unnamed feeling and frantic, anyway). I think Hetfield's voice sounds incredible on that album. It felt like he learned to sing with grit again properly for the first time since he blew his voice around the Load period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It felt like he learned to sing with grit again properly for the first time since he blew his voice around the Load period.

He blew his voice on the **** Hit The Sheds Tour 94 - if you've ever heard the live bootleg of them covering a Judas Priest classic with Rob Halford you'll realize he was already ****ed. That was the last night of that tour but consistently people who saw them at that stage knew there was a problem.

• Advertisement

I could be mistaken, but James blew his vocal chords out singing So What! in the early 90's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

St Anger is an awesome song!

Is this weekend the first of the "Pick your Setlist" craic? Any sign of The Frayed Ends?

Degag wrote: »
    St Anger is an awesome song!

Is this weekend the first of the "Pick your Setlist" craic? Any sign of The Frayed Ends?

Not a hope. The setlists people are picking are the same across the board. One or 2 "rarities" like Whiskey in the Jar and St. Anger. That's it though, the rest is just the usual regulars

"New song" tonight. Available on youtube by the time we get up. 5 hour time difference between GMT and COT.

Metallica - The Lords Of Summer

Lars going down the mullet route?

I've had a few listens now and the hopefully it's just a work in progress as it isn't anything special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Lars going down the mullet route?

Skullet. The full Terry Nutkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lol. Shave it all of Lars, FFS

Advertisement