Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    The tour ends next month so i'm thinking (Hoping) that they make an announcement this year about these shows next summer.

If only 10 gigs worldwide i think the closest we can hope for will be UK

Ye never know? Dublin might be included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Popping my Metallica cherry tonight! :D

They haven't done their own tour gig in Perth since 1998 and the whole city is buzzing for the two dates. Got my tickets back at the beginning of May and been hanging out for today ever since.

The setlists from the tour have been awesome so far and once they play Fade to Black I'll be a happy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

lord lucan wrote: »
    Check out the video i posted up the page,it's Orion from a couple of weeks ago in New Zealand.

Check out the metontour video, it sounds awesome!

Just in from Perth and it was unreal. The setlist was pretty faultless imo -

That Was Just Your Life
    The End Of The Line
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Fuel
    Fade To Black
    Broken, Beat And Scarred
    The Four Horsemen
    Sad But True
    The Unforgiven
    All Nightmare Long
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Blackened
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Encore:

Breadfan Play (Budgie cover)
    Hit The Lights Play
    Seek and Destroy

Some pics and a vid -

40128_10150303595930347_672575346_15608150_7954703_n.jpg
    68757_10150303598460347_672575346_15608218_4716021_n.jpg
    33722_10150303589145347_672575346_15608063_1865436_n.jpg
    66298_10150303595525347_672575346_15608142_7233226_n.jpg
    66671_10150303603105347_672575346_15608331_981599_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lol @ the boys climbing on the support towers! Weird looking venue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Excellent pics xavi6...Best live band ever! Lets hope we see the boys back in irl soon...Death magnetic up there with there best:)

LOL.:D

10oct2210_pic22.jpg

^^^ Ha that blonde bird with the boots was quality. We saw her earlier on the night and picked her out and next thing we saw her up there!

Here's the other vid I took -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Xavi6 wrote: »
    ^^^ Ha that blonde bird with the boots was quality. We saw her earlier on the night and picked her out and next thing we saw her up there!

What a crazy bitch!

Cool vids. I wanna see 'em indoors sooooooo f***in badly!!!

• Advertisement

However, Shakira's music would not have as much of an impact were it not for her abs, which moved with such independent precision that they seemed to ripple by an offstage remote control. If she had merely shimmied her way through her latest single, "Loca," in glow-in-the-dark Hammer pants, it would have been enough. Yet her belly dancing face-up from the floor to a standing position -- after covering Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" to the accompaniment of a classical guitar and ukelele -- was a collective mind-blow.

Message from an online review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The tour ends next month so i'm thinking (Hoping) that they make an announcement this year about these shows next summer.

If only 10 gigs worldwide i think the closest we can hope for will be UK
    I am hoping for Wembley, they were awesome there in '07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I am hoping for Wembley, they were awesome there in '07

yeah, we went 2 days before and stayed at Premier Inn just up the road. If ya go to Wembley, that's the place to stay, so fcukin close

yeah, we went 2 days before and stayed at Premier Inn just up the road. If ya go to Wembley, that's the place to stay, so fcukin close

Stayed in the Quality Inn around the corner from Wembley myself. Good spot and all the boozers are only around the corner so it's a short stagger home.:D

Wouldn't mind seeing them at Wembley again,that show in '07 was savage!

lord lucan wrote: »
    Stayed in the Quality Inn around the corner from Wembley myself. Good spot and all the boozers are only around the corner so it's a short stagger home.:D

Wouldn't mind seeing them at Wembley again,that show in '07 was savage!

Funny story from that gig, the day before was that 'Save the fcukin planet' gig, we go down to the hotel bar at around 3pm and order a coke each, then go to order some food, the manager told us that they were now closing as the police were using the restaurant to get fed.

Totally not happy at this point, there's 4 of us, me, gf and 2 mates so i kick off big time.

Manager relents and gives us a table for 4, 4 meals and 2 pints each for free. Told him it was ridiculous that they closed the bar off for the police.

Went home, complained again to head office and got sent a full refund :D:D

Funny story from that gig, the day before was that 'Save the fcukin planet' gig, we go down to the hotel bar at around 3pm and order a coke each, then go to order some food, the manager told us that they were now closing as the police were using the restaurant to get fed.

Totally not happy at this point, there's 4 of us, me, gf and 2 mates so i kick off big time.

Manager relents and gives us a table for 4, 4 meals and 2 pints each for free. Told him it was ridiculous that they closed the bar off for the police.

Went home, complained again to head office and got sent a full refund :D:D

Jammy bastard!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

class photos Xavi6 had to call the boyfriend to look at them and we're laughing our asses off at the crazy mo'fo's climbing the tower!!!

only 10gigs for 2011? they've done some seriously crazy touring the past couple years though

I suppose UK would be a definate anyway although they say they love dublin at each gig I've been to...:D

magentas wrote: »
    class photos Xavi6 had to call the boyfriend to look at them and we're laughing our asses off at the crazy mo'fo's climbing the tower!!!

only 10gigs for 2011? they've done some seriously crazy touring the past couple years though

I suppose UK would be a definate anyway although they say they love dublin at each gig I've been to...:D

I think the 10 gigs in 10 cities thing is to do with their 30th anniversary, which falls next year?

Should be good fun? Hope Dublin gets a visit?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Got the big 4 dvd today in HMV... its a good watch!!

Since the release of the black album, has there been a show that Metallica did NOT play enter sandman live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

How much was it in HMV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

magentas wrote: »

they say they love wherever they are wherever they play,its called g-ing up the crowd!!

dcr22B wrote: »
    How much was it in HMV?

It's £20 in English money in the UK if that helps

Since the release of the black album, has there been a show that Metallica did NOT play enter sandman live?

Generally only one-off club shows for fan club members and the like have gotten away without Enter Sandman. The 2 DM launch shows in London and Berlin in 2008 had no ES in the set. No Nothing Else Matters either.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Sacred_git wrote: »
    they say they love wherever they are wherever they play,its called g-ing up the crowd!!
    ah yeah, that was the joke...
    a la mick jagger in the simpsons!

feylya wrote: »

They played a small club style show to mark the launch of Call of Duty - black ops in Santa Monica in California.

Set was:

Creeping Death
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Fuel
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    Fade To Black
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Battery
    - - - - - - - -
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Enter Sandman

Would love to have seen that, but then again, there was nothing special about the set list

Post from Metallica.com

We know it's pretty nutty to announce a show almost a year in advance . . . certainly not something we've ever done before! However, when we were asked to headline the original Rock in Rio, the one actually in Rio de Janeiro (!!), we just couldn't say "no." After playing at other Rock in Rio festivals in Lisbon and Madrid years past, it seemed like it would make for a fun break from whatever (??!!) we might be doing a year from now. So we hope you'll dig up a 2011 calendar and mark off September 25, 2011 for a date with 'Tallica in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Tickets go on sale on November 19th, 2010 only at the Rock in Rio official website, RockInRio.com.br. Other points of sale will be available only after July, 1, 2011

Doubt they'd only come off there holiday for 1 gig, possibly rules out any summer Euro festival appearances as this is in Sept, although Reading/Leeds is last weekend in August

• Advertisement

I think the European tour will be announced, to honour 30 years of Metallica, with some special tribute to that

Advertisement