Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

Its a good read, but the one I felt most departed from was the mustaine one. I've never been a fan of megadeth, yes I know he had a huge part to play on KEA, but he's always seemed as a bit of a dick to me, could take him or leave him tbh. Maybe the fans who followed him from the very start felt more connected to his part in the band, but he's just always seemed bitter to me.

Yeah me too, I was gobsmacked when I saw him in SKOM practically crying to Lars "I wish I was in Metallica waahhh"

Even after making 15 albums and he has a net worth of 50 million.

Very strange behaviour, I'm sure the lads in megadeth thought it was a very strange interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dave calls his fellow bandmembers "hired hands", so that would make metallica the only "band" he was ever in! then again he also said he trained metallica, so he would probably see them as inferiors had he remained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Mustaine = Problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ush wrote: »
    Mustaine = Problems.

True enough. I think the problems have never really ended for Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

True enough. I think the problems have never really ended for Dave.

He's got fcuk all problems if he's worth 50m and lives like this

mustaine23wh4-ho_893988gm-f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

mustaine23wh4-ho_893988gm-f.jpg

That photo looks supiciously like photoshop, whether it's real or not, and I think the money and the big house and the fast car just add to his problems - and besides, all this wealth is nice, but Mustaine tours a hell of a lot (and when he's not touring he's making an album) so when does he get to enjoy any of this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That photo looks supiciously like photoshop, whether it's real or not, and I think the money and the big house and the fast car just add to his problems - and besides, all this wealth is nice, but Mustaine tours a hell of a lot (and when he's not touring he's making an album) so when does he get to enjoy any of this?

Ah here, are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I think the money and the big house and the fast car just add to his problems

castle-speechless.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Heres the car in live action...I think its the real Dave too :pac::pac:

Mustaine has serious problems. All the McMansions and Aston Martins in the world aren't gonna compensate for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I know this is the Rock & Metal section, but........

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bulldozer1

thats HI larious that is! oh poor dave.
    lets say a prayer for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Just thought I'd post here, I pretty much stopped listening to metal back in the early 90's. Metallica were MY band in school, I was the thrasher opposed to all the GNR/Leppard/Jovi fans.
    Black album was a good album but when it came out I had to put up with girls who liked REM singing Nothing else matters and telling me how great Metallica were........
    Anyway,as I went to college and discovered Acid house and Techno my interest in metal waned. I'd still throw on the classic albums from the Big 4, Maiden, Preists Painkiller and whatnot but I never bothered too much buying any new Metal. I listened to Load about 3 times , Reload less and St Anger barely at all.
    I went to see them I Marley Park just because I was given a free ticket and I was totally surprised how much I enjoyed the gig but still couldn't bring myself to listen to their post AJFA stuff.
    I never heard Death Magnetic until 2 weeks ago.

I'm sorry , but it's a fúcking belter. Sure, its just a copy of their older stuff but that's all I've wanted for the last 20 years. I've had it on in the car every day on the way in and out from work and I'm like a teenager after hearing Puppets for the first time.... well maybe not Puppets.

Anyway, that's really all I wanted to say and hopefully their new stuff will keep going in the same direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'd advise giving Load a spin. A really great hard rock album IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »

A Lars quote from that article

We're going to have sit down and spin that one around for an hour or two. We carry a rehearsal room with us wherever we go. Give us an hour and we can learn any song in our catalog. We like to make the setlist real wacky and change it up as much as possible, but in 2014 the fans are picking the songs."

Is he for real? The Set list for the past 5yrs has been boring and predictable, what a loon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

scudzilla wrote: »

We're going to have sit down and spin that one around for an hour or two. We carry a rehearsal room with us wherever we go. Give us an hour and we can learn any song in our catalog. We like to make the setlist real wacky and change it up as much as possible, but in 2014 the fans are picking the songs."

Is he for real? The Set list for the past 5yrs has been boring and predictable, what a loon

"Om, hey James.. let's scratch out Dyers Eve, and, om, lets play Seek and Destroy instead. That'd be real wacky".

While I'd love to see Dyers Eve and some of the rarer songs appear on setlists, I realise it just won't happen. What I can't understand is why they don't play songs like Bleeding Me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Would be awesome to see Frayed Ends Of Sanity played, I imagine before the show, that Lars sits backstage writing out the setlist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I think the really unfortunate thing is that with the current tour and having the fans able to select the setlist, we're still seeing the same old tunes hashed out. I guess that speaks about the band's popularity, that they're so big that the "hardcore" fans who've seen them a ton of times are being overshadowed by the people who are newish fans and want to see Sandman / NEM / S&D

I think the really unfortunate thing is that with the current tour and having the fans able to select the setlist, we're still seeing the same old tunes hashed out. I guess that speaks about the band's popularity, that they're so big that the "hardcore" fans who've seen them a ton of times are being overshadowed by the people who are newish fans and want to see Sandman / NEM / S&D

I said somewhere earlier in this thread, when tickets for 'By Request' first went out it was for a fan club presale, the set lists then were something to die for........then it went on General Sale, hence why i have no interest at all in seeing them ont hs tour, and that's from someone who has seen them around 25 times and has travelled many times over to mainland Europe to catch 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Well I've seen them 5 times myself, aching to bring the girlfriend to one of their shows. To me the by request would be the perfect thing to introduce her to the band in a live setting as they are mostly the songs she would know.

There was a campaign for the Montreal show to get Fixxxer played for charity. That campaign failed miraciously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,462 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I said somewhere earlier in this thread, when tickets for 'By Request' first went out it was for a fan club presale, the set lists then were something to die for........then it went on General Sale, hence why i have no interest at all in seeing them ont hs tour, and that's from someone who has seen them around 25 times and has travelled many times over to mainland Europe to catch 'em

But playing festivals and large outdoor shows, the amount of people who are hardcore fans is going to be vastly outnumbered by people who are casual listeners/just going to see them cos they playing (fest shows this applies to). Those fans will want to hear the typical songs, so can't really blame the band for that on this tour.

Is it annoying, yes, for hardcore fans it is. If it was only Met club fans who could vote, I'd say the majority would go home wondering what the **** they had just seen.

I just find it funny that it appears Whiskey is gonna be played at the show I'm seeing them at. I'm lucky that the missus doesn't like 'em, but she'll see a few songs , and from what it seems, the earlier songs are the ones I mainly wanna hear (Blackened, Battery, Puppets....I should point out this is from the list they will play at the show, I would love to hear many other songs). Last song on the vote is going to be between Fuel, Day that Never Comes and Ride The Lightning it appears, only 6 votes seperate all 3...and I've one more vote to go for!

Mushy wrote: »
    Last song on the vote is going to be between Fuel, Day that Never Comes and Ride The Lightning it appears, only 6 votes seperate all 3...and I've one more vote to go for!

Ride, every day of the week, twice on a sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,462 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ride, every day of the week, twice on a sunday

I don't see the missus every day though:pac:

Yeah it does seem the most likely one for me to choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

We like to make the setlist real wacky and change it up as much as possible

I think their idea of wacky is extending Sandman by 5 minutes with all the 'Metallica family' bollox and repeating "How does it fell to be alive" ad nauseum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The only real "surprises" that I can see are them playing St Anger a few times while in Germany and The Frayed Ends is currently in the top 17 in Helsinki but probably wont stay there.

lord lucan wrote: »
    "How does it fell to be alive"

"Show me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

fartmaster wrote: »
    yes another Metallica thread get in there :pac: face it all you haters Metallica ARE the greatest metal and heres the songs to prove it....

Blackened
    Master of Puppets
    For Who the Bells Tolls
    Fade to Black
    The Unforgiven
    To Live is To die
    Dyers Eve
    One
    Orion
    The Call of Ktulu

I agree with you completely,Metallica are the mightiest and most successful thrash metal band in music history.Theyve lasted the pace through the years of arguments and with Jason leaving.I was very disappointed with their St Anger album,thought that it wasn't exactly their finest hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

and which is your favourite and why

Master of Puppets is my favorite album-just for the rhythm guitar alone.I mean...take for example the rhythm guitar in 'Sanitarium' when Het shouts "..just leave me alone....'.I've tried to mime it with the brush handle as my guitar and couldn't keep up with him.

• Advertisement

Master of Puppets is my favorite album-just for the rhythm guitar alone.I mean...take for example the rhythm guitar in 'Sanitarium' when Het shouts "..just leave me alone....'.I've tried to mime it with the brush handle as my guitar and couldn't keep up with him.

Now there's your problem, a plastic mop handle works so much better

Advertisement