Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

For those who don't know about it check out this YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Milanicachannel

Probably the most definitive Metallica site i've EVER seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

scudzilla wrote: »
    I seen them playing with Lombardo on drums and it was something else, not heard Battery or 4 Horsemen played like that in years

(Lars missed gig as 'ill', Lombardo, Jordison and Lars' roadie fileld in)

ha james looked confused there at times, he wasn't the time keeper for once!

ha james looked confused there at times, he wasn't the time keeper for once!

What a show that was though, couldn't believe some clowns were asking for a refund!!!

jeaysus Joey Jordinson had them on their toes!

jeaysus Joey Jordinson had them on their toes!

yep, he was great, all 3 of them were.

I remember it well cos i had a backstage pass as my mates opened the main stage (Breed 77), Arranged to meet Paul and Danny to watch Metallica, they came out and told me they'd heard Lars wasn't there, the band kept it really secret, even to the other artists.
    they came out 90mins late, people knew something was up as that's just something Metallica don't do

• Advertisement

It could also be said that the drum sound on ajfa was pioneering.

scudzilla wrote: »
    yep, he was great, all 3 of them were.

I remember it well cos i had a backstage pass as my mates opened the main stage (Breed 77), Arranged to meet Paul and Danny to watch Metallica, they came out and told me they'd heard Lars wasn't there, the band kept it really secret, even to the other artists.
    they came out 90mins late, people knew something was up as that's just something Metallica don't do
    I didn't really pay much attention at the time, but looking back at it, it sounded like the classic metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

And they managed without Lars too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It could also be said that the drum sound on ajfa was pioneering.

Nah it was just plain s!&t!

Nah it was just plain s!&t!

Here here, it was flat and might have sounded better with more depth and more volume(God I sounded like a hairdresser there, unintentional btw! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The drums could've been a bit more fatter on ...And Justice For All, they seem a bit too tinny, well to my ears they sound tinny.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The drums could've been a bit more fatter on ...And Justice For All, they seem a bit too tinny, well to my ears they sound tinny.

biscuit tins ;)

That's cos they are!

I hope Metallica remaster ...And Justice For All for it's 30th anniversary...... I'm sure Lars or James have the master tapes from the sessions stashed away somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I hope Metallica remaster ...And Justice For All for it's 30th anniversary...... I'm sure Lars or James have the master tapes from the sessions stashed away somewhere.

Can't find it now, but Lars said on his AMA on Reddit a few weeks back that they're considering remastering some of the older stuff. Fingers crossed!

Can't find it now, but Lars said on his AMA on Reddit a few weeks back that they're considering remastering some of the older stuff. Fingers crossed!

Is this it?
    “Yes, there’s tons of stuff in the vault that hasn’t been released, including soundboard tapes, full videos, lots of goodies to come your way, hopefully sooner rather than later,”

Wouldn't they be some c**nts if they got Rob to redo the bass on ajfa ha ha!!
    (although it wouldn't Robs first time doing such a thing
    Trujillo was a member of Ozzy Osbourne's band for a number of years starting in the late 1990s. He was the subject of controversy for re-recording Bob Daisley's bass tracks for reissued versions of Osbourne's albums Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman because of Daisley's claim of not receiving proper royalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/232448/291687.png

Can't do fancy quoting on the phone Lithium93_, but this should be it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Remastering would not be same as remixing though?

He said in the note they were considering remastering some old records.

To me, that could just well be that KEM and RTL will be louder than the original mastered albums?

A remastered AJFA would not necessarily bring the bass up in the mix?

I think RTL could do with a remix/remaster. AJFA could defo do with one.

A recording engineer could correct me on this though...?

Just watching Through the Never, its on Netflix (US)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,462 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

seachto7 wrote: »
    Remastering would not be same as remixing though?

He said in the note they were considering remastering some old records.

To me, that could just well be that KEM and RTL will be louder than the original mastered albums?

A remastered AJFA would not necessarily bring the bass up in the mix?

I think RTL could do with a remix/remaster. AJFA could defo do with one.

A recording engineer could correct me on this though...?

Fairly sure that is right. But I wouldn't take what Lars said as imemdiately gospel, he may have just said remastering, but when it comes to it they may re-mix it up a bit. He would have just been giving a vague idea of rough plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Through the never is on netflix. My god what a load of ****e it is. I couldn't make it past fifteen minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Through the never is on netflix. My god what a load of ****e it is. I couldn't make it past fifteen minutes.

The storyline yes, I enjoyed the 'live' performance though.

They could remaster RTL sooner because the 30 yr anniversary will be upon us sooner

Just f&!@ing release something NEW FFS!

Just f&!@ing release something NEW FFS!

Good things come to those who wait. (Though the 6 year wait has dragged on too long)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The storyline yes, I enjoyed the 'live' performance though.

I think the storyline was a complete waste of time, don't know what they were thinking...you should read the interview the actor does with Metallica's fan club magazine in which he totally shoots him down...Steffan (the guy who runs the fanclub) asks if this film was as raw and passionate and intense as an "Independent film with everyone doing it for themselves against popular culture" and he just says "erm....no....because it was Metallica and they had millions of pounds and 3d cameras....how was this film independent?" haha made me laugh anyway

What a waste of time that was, the live performance was great in HD but the movie bits, what a waste of fcukin money, and that bag, sure the contents was either Lars hair or his talent

Good things come to those who wait. (Though the 6 year wait has dragged on too long)

We waited 6 years for St Anger, and that was a pile if s@!t!!!

• Advertisement

We waited 6 years for St Anger, and that was a pile if s@!t!!!

With St Anger, although the album was very very mediocre (no, it wasn't sh*ite, just far far below the expectations we had of them) they pulled it out of the hat with the live performances, unfortunately the live performances, to me, are beginning to get very very stale now

Advertisement