Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

maybe, just maybe, we could get a Dublin date around Glasto time, they can't fit it into the main schedule but Glasto is out there all alone date wise

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Had a look at Metallica's upcoming tour dates, and there's a 2 week gap between their appearance at Pinkpop in Holland and their slot at Glastonbury.

9/6/2014 Landgraaf, Netherlands Pinkpop Festival @ Megaland Tickets
    28/6/2014 Pilton, England Glastonbury Festival @ Worthy Farm

What are the chances of an Irish show squeezed into those 2 weeks???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,463 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unless its an indoor show then slim to none cos it wouldnt come close to selling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lars hit the nail on the head in his interview with this quote

To be brutally honest Lars is flattering himself somewhat there. The only people who have strong opinions on Metallica anymore are the diehard fans. The rest of the world stopped giving a **** a very long time ago.

Speaking of St.Anger; I remember MTV broadcasting their Rock am Ring performance live back in 2003. They were quite awesome. I think that was probably the last tour where they still really on their game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭the blunder years

Can't wait for Metallica to headline Glasto, it going's to be great. I love how Metallica just polarise people regardless, it's going to be an interesting Saturday night on the Pryamid Stage .

• Advertisement

It might have a negative impact on Glastonbury's ability to attract it's usual hipster audience. Metallica wouldn't be nearly ironic enough for them to even pretend to like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It might have a negative impact on Glastonbury's ability to attract it's usual hipster audience. Metallica wouldn't be nearly ironic enough for them to even pretend to like.

Their ability to attract Glasto's hipster audience, it sold out months ago.

Glastonbury sold out before they were announced, people moaned about Jay-Z he was good. Metallica are going to put on a good show, The Stones last year left much younger bands in their wake, having a feeling Metallica will do the same.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Their ability to attract Glasto's hipster audience, it sold out months ago.

That's right. Glastonbury usually sells out before announcing the line up. Should be a lot of nervous trust fund kids in skinny jeans and black rimmed specs that weekend.

That's right. Glastonbury usually sells out before announcing the line up. Should be a lot of nervous trust fund kids in skinny jeans and black rimmed specs that weekend.

There will be nary a banjo on sight when Metallica are on, Glastonbury is a really diverse festival don't know why people are upset about this. I'm much more upset over Kasabian headlining on the Sunday and Mumford and Sons headlined Sunday last year :(

• Advertisement

Do they still show glasto on the telly? Would be well worth the watch this year at any rate.

Do they still show glasto on the telly? Would be well worth the watch this year at any rate.

Yeah it's on the BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

The hipsters were pissed off with the Metallica announcement 6 months ago. Now it's such a mainstream opinion.

Dear god I hate hipsters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Mushy wrote: »
    Unless its an indoor show then slim to none cos it wouldnt come close to selling out.

If it was the 02, I'd be there in a heartbeat!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The reason there is hostility is becasue metal/rock can be seen as the uncoolest thing in the world to a hipster.

The reason there is hostility is becasue metal/rock can be seen as the uncoolest thing in the world to a hipster.

The word hipster is starting to lose any meaning at this stage, I mean people are allowed to like it or not. Fair play to Eavis for doing it, it's good Glastonbury can shake up it's headlining slots.

The word hipster is starting to lose any meaning at this stage, I mean people are allowed to like it or not. Fair play to Eavis for doing it, it's good Glastonbury can shake up it's headlining slots.
    that's it, they do deserve to be there, and they will rise to the occasion.

that's it, they do deserve to be there, and they will rise to the occasion.

Man I can't wait, bet you the pryamid stage will be packed for it, for all their perceived failings in the last 20 years, live there pretty spot on.

Man I can't wait, bet you the pryamid stage will be packed for it, for all their perceived failings in the last 20 years, live there pretty spot on.
    and they always step up for the special gigs...could be a similar set to the rollingstones set from san fran?

Looks like we have an idea when Metallica start putting together their 10th studio album.
    We’ve all said to each other that September is gonna be the time when we buckle down.

http://loudwire.com/kirk-hammett-metallica-buckle-down-new-album-september/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I thought the hipster craze was over? If not it's been around well past its sell by date. I'd like to think Glastonbury is fairly open to different genres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

It lost its meaning years ago. Now it's just a word thrown around by lazy journalists and people who can't think for themselves.

I think it's great that Metallica are headlining Glasto, it's something a bit different for the festival and I'm looking forward to seeing BBC's coverage of their set (if they show it).

May have been 4 years ago, but I still remember it clearly :D

The Ecstasy of Gold
    That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Fuel
    The Day that Never Comes
    Sad but True
    The Four Horsemen
    The Memory Remains
    The Unforgiven
    The Judas Kiss
    One
    Master of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Encore:
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Hit the Lights
    Seek & Destroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

The Ecstasy of Gold
    That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Fuel
    The Day that Never Comes
    Sad but True
    The Four Horsemen
    The Memory Remains
    The Unforgiven
    The Judas Kiss
    One
    Master of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Encore:
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Hit the Lights
    Seek & Destroy

Great gig. I was at both nights. Hard to believe that was 4 years ago! Still have the videos and photos on my phone :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The Ecstasy of Gold
    That Was Just Your Life
    Cyanide
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Fuel
    The Day that Never Comes
    Sad but True
    The Four Horsemen
    The Memory Remains
    The Unforgiven
    The Judas Kiss
    One
    Master of Puppets
    Battery
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Encore:
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Hit the Lights
    Seek & Destroy

Pity that almost 4 years later, NEM and ES are still almost always the last 2 songs played in the main set and the encore normally starts with a cover and ends with S&D.

Great gig. I was at both nights. Hard to believe that was 4 years ago! Still have the videos and photos on my phone :P

Lucky you being at the 2 nights :P, the question is which night was the best. (Cuz night #2 didn't get Creeping Death) :mad:.

Pity that almost 4 years later, NEM and ES are still almost always the last 2 songs played in the main set and the encore normally starts with a cover and ends with S&D.

That's the casual fan for ya, was disappointed when they started playing Nothing Else Matters then segue that into Enter Sandman, wish Metallica would drop those 2 and play a deep cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Lucky you being at the 2 nights :P, the question is which night was the best. (Cuz night #2 didn't get Creeping Death) :mad:.

Night one without question. Unreal setlist and I finally got to hear Breadfan. Love that cover

The setlist for night #1 did look better compared to night #2

May 11th
    The Ecstasy of Gold
    That Was Just Your Life
    The End of the Line
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Creeping Death
    Fade to Black
    Broken, Beat & Scarred
    Sad but True
    Wherever I May Roam