Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

22 years ago Monday, this was announced by Lars & Slash

10300217_10152074819765264_7636474154955294136_n.jpg

Damn being born in the wrong decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Metallica at Glastonbury: another half-baked vanity project

Metallica’s Glastonbury appearance will be another step towards the band distancing themselves from a heavy metal culture they no longer understand, says one pained fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ush wrote: »

Metallica’s Glastonbury appearance will be another step towards the band distancing themselves from a heavy metal culture they no longer understand, says one pained fan

That fan must have an awful sore shoulder from that very large chip he's been carrying around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

One sentence sums this up...
    I’ll still watch them at Sonisphere, mind you.

An article full of sound and fury, signifying nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

A few toys being thrown out of the pram in that article.

• Advertisement

I reckon the article was bang on the money. Except for one thing - the crowd at Glastonbury will be familiar with Metallica. They might never admit to it, but they all have listened to Metallica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I reckon the article was bang on the money. Except for one thing - the crowd at Glastonbury will be familiar with Metallica. They might never admit to it, but they all have listened to Metallica.

And they will for the most part be appreciative of it, as Glastonbury fans are known for their open-mindedness towards music. According to my cousin anyway who has been there 3 or 4 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That's the thing about Glasto. You can get everything and anything, but it always tended to stay away from the heavier stuff.

Would this open the door to other metal bands playing it in the future? I couldn't imagine many heavy bands on the bill? I mean, you'll hardly get the likes of Carcass or Earthone 9, or Slayer, Mastodon, Devin Townsend etc

Dom Lawson throwing his toys outta the pram because Metallica are playing at Glastonbury, thought the dude would've been above that ****, apparently not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

In My Life sounded pretty cool. Never thought I'd hear Metallica covering The Beatles...!?

• Advertisement

Never thought I'd hear Metallica covering The Beatles!!!??? Pretty damn cool!

Metallica played the national anthem before the San Francisco Giants took on the Miami Marlins

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Metallica played the national anthem before the San Francisco Giants took on the Miami Marlins

Half of 'em lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Half of 'em lol

Can Kirk not do anything without a fcukin wah wah pedal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can Kirk not do anything without a fcukin wah wah pedal??

Ha ha true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

lord lucan wrote: »

Even for their national anthem Kirk couldn't leave the wah pedal at home!:pac:

LOL @ Scudzilla,this is what i posted almost exactly a year ago when they first played 'Metallica Night' at the Giants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'm sure they have!!!

it's great to hear the justice for jason, but that in itself is not as good as the album.....jason, in his tell all interview actually gave us the reason why he was mixed out....through no fault of jasons, he was told to turn up and record and he did so in 1 day....i doubt james and lars were happy when they heard it and mixed him out ....they were not there when he was recording, basically led him into disaster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aye,I actually only saw that Jason interview a few weeks back.

The drums on the song master of puppets are bleedin deadly! I doubt any other drummer would have come up with something as good. They have character and a bit of life. The stuff that lacks from pro tools (sometimes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

The drums on the song master of puppets are bleedin deadly! I doubt any other drummer would have come up with something as good. They have character and a bit of life. The stuff that lacks from pro tools (sometimes).

Ahh, even though Master of Puppets is an unreal song, the drums are nothing special in my opinion. Great, but there are better. Battery, Damage Inc, most of the tracks on Justice, Disposable Heroes, Call of Ktulu, Ride The Lightning....

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    Ahh, even though Master of Puppets is an unreal song, the drums are nothing special in my opinion. Great, but there are better. Battery, Damage Inc, most of the tracks on Justice, Disposable Heroes, Call of Ktulu, Ride The Lightning....

And justice for all is lars best work imo, very technical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

guess it's alright for some band members to persue outside interests eh James?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh burn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

In fairness it's been like that for 10 years at this stage. Took Jason leaving for it to happen though

he was on danzig 1 too

More talk about the new album, this time from James Hetfield
    After detours for a movie and touring, Metallica are now focusing on their long awaited follow-up to ‘Death Magnetic,’ and while the band has plenty of material to sift through, don’t look for a massive new release, a la ‘Load’ and ‘Reload,’ to populate shelves. Speaking with CBS Radio’s Live 105 in San Francisco, frontman James Hetfield stated, “‘Load/Reload’ was more like overload. There were a lot of songs and what are we going to do with all these. We can make a lot of songs pretty good. But I think we learned a little bit of a lesson from that. Why not focus on eight to ten really good ones. It is quality over quantity.”

http://loudwire.com/metallica-james-hetfield-upcoming-album-quality-over-quantity/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

The aggression of the drums in 'disposable heroes' chorus "SOLDIER BOY! MADE OF CLAY....."!!

Advertisement