Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Looks like we have an idea when Metallica start putting together their 10th studio album.

http://loudwire.com/kirk-hammett-metallica-buckle-down-new-album-september/
    So could it be in the shops for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So could it be in the shops for Christmas?

A new Metallica album in time for Christmas would be cool, but i'd say it'll be early 2015 when Death Magnetic's follow up is released.

guess it's alright for some band members to persue outside interests eh James?

One rule for James and another rule for Jason

D.Q wrote: »
    yeah, but Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and And Justice for all are ****.

....am i doing this right?

Give the albums a chance, they'll grow on you man.

A new Metallica album in time for Christmas would be cool, but i'd say it'll be early 2015 when Death Magnetic's follow up is released.

Ok,it'll be worth the wait

• Advertisement

Ok,it'll be worth the wait

Yeah good things are usually worth the wait, just as long as Metallica don't decide to release the new album on September 12th 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Give the albums a chance, they'll grow on you man.

Can't find D.Q's original post, so I'll reply here;

Those albums are must have's for ANY metal fan! All awesome!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

The aggression of the drums in 'disposable heroes' chorus "SOLDIER BOY! MADE OF CLAY....."!!
    i love st anger, the drumming is as rough as a dogs........ Well you know:) but it is fantastic
    :D

i love st anger, the drumming is as rough as a dogs........ Well you know:) but it is fantastic
    :D

You love St. Anger the song, or the album itself??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

the song, it is not my favorite song by Metallica though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Anyone have any idea on who will be producing the new album i'm hearing about? Rick Rubin maybe? Or someone new?

I hope it's someone else who produces the new album.............. Keep Rick Rubin AWAY AT ALL COSTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can't find D.Q's original post, so I'll reply here;

Those albums are must have's for ANY metal fan! All awesome!!!

that was a tongue in cheek comment I made an awful long time ago as far as I can remember...not sure why or where it's being quoted from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

that was a tongue in cheek comment I made an awful long time ago as far as I can remember...not sure why or where it's being quoted from!

It's a 4 year old comment from page 1 of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ok lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »
    It's a 4 year old comment from page 1 of this thread.

Using old obscure quotes to damage current standing?! Does someone here want to be a tabloid Journalist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'd like to produce their next album.

there will be guitar solos, there will be no wah pedal in them, work for it Kirk, it is in you.

There will be no mention of family or feelings.

There will be a strong work ethic and it will be recorded live in the sense that the drums will not consist of a million 1 second takes patched together in protools because lars couldn't do it any other way

Bass will feature in the mix, he is damn good and we are going to use him

Oh and it will be metal, if you ****ers mention any wierdo that isn't metal and collaboration in the same sentance......

no hangers on therapists wives girlfriends or management in the studio

anyone like to add?

I'd like to add something to the list above, no social media usage of any kind while album is being worked on, just heads down, and focus on the music...... Also good point about keeping the wah wah pedal away from Kirk.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Industrial strength locks on the doors so once they go in, they can't get out until the album's finished. No more 'escape from the studio' tours or one off gigs to keep the bank balance ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jason newsted should produce the next album!

• Advertisement

I'd say Andy Sneap should produce the next album, he did Megadeth's Endgame in 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

jason newsted should produce the next album!

Bring a camera crew along when the band are told who their next producer is. As he walks in the door in front of the rest of the band I'd just die to see the look on James face....:pac:

I hope it's someone else who produces the new album.............. Keep Rick Rubin AWAY AT ALL COSTS

Maybe Bob Rock?

Maybe Bob Rock?

Pity they overlooked Ireland on their current tour

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea on who will be producing the new album i'm hearing about? Rick Rubin maybe? Or someone new?

Hopefully someone who has a proven track record with the leading thrash metal bands of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wonder what's going on with Jason? They pulled the Jap dates due to personal reasons, no other tour dates planned, bit odd seeing as Euro Festival season is almost upon us.

On Feb 16th he posted on FB that they were in full production rehearsals, then on April 9th he posted that all members of the band are healthy, happy and busy. Nothing since

Hope all is well with J

Bring a camera crew along when the band are told who their next producer is. As he walks in the door in front of the rest of the band I'd just die to see the look on James face....:pac:

That would be a priceless reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hopefully someone who has a proven track record with the leading thrash metal bands of the world.
    that's not metallica though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

that's not metallica though

Is Metallica not the leading thrash metal band of the world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    Is Metallica not the leading thrash metal band of the world?

No, they ceased being a Thrash band over 20yrs ago

Advertisement