Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone know if the full Glastonbury set will be live on the BBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone know if the full Glastonbury set will be live on the BBC?

Was just about to ask the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was just about to ask the same thing.
    It's supposed to be live but I have seen nothing on TV today and nothing mentioned in the tv listings even though it was announced last week all headline acts will be on BBC2.

Just had a look on the Sky planner and looks like there will be live coverage.

Just had a look on the Sky planner and looks like there will be live coverage.
    Nothing on tv at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Sky Planner has at 21.30 next Saturday,'Live coverage from the Pyramid stage of one of the most talked about headliners in recent years - Metallica',or words to that effect.

What number channel is BBC2 on Sky? - Wanna tune in and see Metallica lay waste to Glastonbury

lord lucan wrote: »
    The Sky Planner has at 21.30 next Saturday,'Live coverage from the Pyramid stage of one of the most talked about headliners in recent years - Metallica',or words to that effect.
    Ah silly me was thinking it was on this Weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What number channel is BBC2 on Sky? - Wanna tune in and see Metallica lay waste to Glastonbury

That's twice you've used the term 'lay waste' when talking about Metallica at Glastonbury. What exactly does that mean?

They're playing a gig at a festival the majority of people attending won't be watching them so I don't think their appearance is going to be such a big game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is there somewhere I might get the set list for Glastonbury, or a close approximation?

• Advertisement

harney wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is there somewhere I might get the set list for Glastonbury, or a close approximation?

My money's on the main set finishing with NEM and ES and the last song in the encore being S&D.

TBH it'll be a complete greatest hits set as they're playing to such a mixed crowd. I'd expect something like:

Creep
    Bellz
    Fuel
    Unforgiven
    Sad
    Master
    Sanitarium
    One
    Fade to Black
    Roam
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Memory Remains
    Battery
    NEM
    Sandman
    Blackened
    Whiskey
    Seek

I just hope they don't throw 'So What' into the set to be rebellious. That would be cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I just hope they don't throw 'So What' into the set to be rebellious. That would be cringeworthy stuff.

Ah shur that song is great craic

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ah shur that song is great craic

Yeah but for millionaire men in their 50's trying to show how 'mad' they are and how they don't conform to the rules? Please no.

Yeah but for millionaire men in their 50's trying to show how 'mad' they are and how they don't conform to the rules? Please no.

They haven't played that 'properly' in years,it became slow and tame. They hardly even curse onstage these days,let alone break out 'So What'.

Will their Glastonbury appearance be a By Request show or will Lars be writing the set list?

That's twice you've used the term 'lay waste' when talking about Metallica at Glastonbury. What exactly does that mean?

They're playing a gig at a festival the majority of people attending won't be watching them so I don't think their appearance is going to be such a big game changer.

What i meant by it was, i hope Metallica prove everyone who doubted their addition to the Glastonbury lineup wrong and figuratively knock it out of the ball park

Will their Glastonbury appearance be a By Request show or will Lars be writing the set list?

It's not a 'By Request' show so it'll be down to Lars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,141 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

poor oul kirk trying to chip in an idea in the latest video!! james pretends he didn't hear and lars drums louder!!

• Advertisement

There will still probably be 70000 - 80000 people there. I can almost guarantee that they will impress a lot of people and make a lot of new fans.
    My money's on the main set finishing with NEM and ES and the last song in the encore being S&D.

So????

This is one show where they shouldn't deviate from the norm. There's no point in playing rarities in which only the hardcore fans will appreciate although I have to admit it would be pretty awesome if it was Glastonbury where "Frayed" finally got it's full debut.

There will still probably be 70000 - 80000 people there. I can almost guarantee that they will impress a lot of people and make a lot of new fans.

So????

This is one show where they shouldn't deviate from the norm. There's no point in playing rarities in which only the hardcore fans will appreciate although I have to admit it would be pretty awesome if it was Glastonbury where "Frayed" finally got it's full debut.

I think the whole 'metal band headlining Glastonbury' thing is getting overplayed. I think rap and pop artists headlining (Jay-Z and Beyonce) were much bigger deals than Metallica doing so. You could even argue that U2 with their corporate image playing was a bigger deal than Metallica. They aren't changing the world here, it's just another gig. As well as not playing So what, i also hope they don't try and copy Jay-Z by sarcastically opening with a Glastonbury friendly track.

As fo Frayed, that got it's debut in Finland a few weeks ago.

I think rap and pop artists headlining (Jay-Z and Beyonce) were much bigger deals than Metallica doing so.

To be fair, it only seems to be the non-metal fans who are makin g a big deal of them playing Glastonbury.
    As fo Frayed, that got it's debut in Finland a few weeks ago.

I know, what I meant was it would have been class if it was Glastonbury in which it got it's full debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Guaranteed you will have all the VIP people up the front for Metallica, with Motorhead or Iron Maiden tshirts giving the devil salute and pouting for the camera. They'll most likely be models or hollyoaks types who think it's edgy to dress like a rocker at a festival, and won't have a clue of 95% of Metallica's set.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Not entirely sure why you Involved me as it's not me you quoted?!

If you're baiting me in order to get banned I'll happily oblige.

I wasn't out to quote anyone in particular, I don't need to refer to text, I wanted to message you

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Not entirely sure why you Involved me as it's not me you quoted?!

If you're baiting me in order to get banned I'll happily oblige.

I wasn't out to quote anyone in particular, I don't need to refer to text, I wanted to message you

Anyone going to watch this live?

Going to give the set list a shot...

1. Battery
    2. Creeping Death
    3. Sad But True
    4. Harvester of Sorrow
    5. Ride The Lightning
    6. For Whom The Bell Tolls
    7. Wherever I May Roam
    8. The Day That Never Comes
    9. Orion
    10. King Nothing
    11. Fade to Black
    12. Master of Puppets
    13. One
    14. Nothing Else Matters
    15. Enter Sandman
    16. Blackened
    17. Whisky in the Jar
    18. Seek and Destroy

What's the story with all the people on the stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The crowd on the stage is a bit of an unorthodox prop

• Advertisement

Very strange intro as well with the breaking off from TEOG

Advertisement