Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I really enjoyed that. Roll on Thursday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I don't know how they do these things but I was frustrated by the lack of Metallica coverage, seems like the bbc were doing their utmost not to play them, all I could get was a repeat of Robert Plant's performance (which was pretty good), some funk band and Goldfrapp (not bad, always welcome) but no Metallica?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I don't know how they do these things but I was frustrated by the lack of Metallica coverage, seems like the bbc were doing their utmost not to play them, all I could get was a repeat of Robert Plant's performance (which was pretty good), some funk band and Goldfrapp (not bad, always welcome) but no Metallica?
    :confused:

They showed their whole concert live.

You're joking right? BBC 2 showed the whole set.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Heading off to Rome today to see them there on Tuesday. Can't wait after watching last night set!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Wow, really enjoyed that.

They should have opened with FWTBT though - gonna be listening to that all day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The first 3mins of Metallica's Glasto set last night was more exciting than Arcade Fire's whole career

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Recorded it last night, watching now... That's why you gotta love those boys!
    A greatest hits list (understandably) but what a show!! I hope a few nay sayers wanting to sell their tickets got a right shock and ended up enjoying :-) how could they not??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,463 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Setlist was expected bar it being a bit shorter than normal. Looks good though, fair play to them. Actually excited for Thursday now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Mushy wrote: »
    Setlist was expected bar it being a bit shorter than normal. Looks good though, fair play to them. Actually excited for Thursday now!
    What's happening thursday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

cena wrote: »

METAL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That's one big ass beach ball!!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Great gig,full of energy!
    Thought Kirk's playing was really tight last night.

Just saw it there on bbc iplayer. A lot of energy and effort on display, good stuff. I thought Kirk playing was variable, he was really good on most of the songs but he messed up the solo on One. Lars seems to be playing a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,132 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great performance last night...good gesture from Lars to thank the Eavis family :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone else think there was too much changing of camera angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Not compared to some of there dvd's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone catch the Bleeding Me solo that came after Welcome Home (Sanitarium)?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Plastic Cavanman

I'm sorry I missed the Glastonbury gig. Love to see them again in Ireland.

I'm sorry I missed the Glastonbury gig. Love to see them again in Ireland.

Not to worry, it's already on Youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone catch the Bleeding Me solo that came after Welcome Home (Sanitarium)?

Not to mention how "Frayed" ended the gig!

Have to say - just because he probably won't get much credit - Lars was on form last night.

Degag wrote: »
    Not to mention how "Frayed" ended the gig!

Have to say - just because he probably won't get much credit - Lars was on form last night.

He must've been practising lately, and everytime they panned the Lars, he should just really shave what's left of his hair

Metallica headline Rock Werchter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,463 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seeing them in Belgium so it should be good!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    He must've been practising lately, and everytime they panned the Lars, he should just really shave what's left of his hair

No I think it worked, growing old in disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I must stop looking at flights to Sonisphere .. . . . I am only depressing myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

crap since and justice for all-as someone said earlier the bon jovi of thrash.watched the glasto gig james speaches to the crowd were cringe worthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Did they lay waste? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ROY RACE wrote: »
    watched the glasto gig james speaches to the crowd were cringe worthy.

Yeah, definitely face palm stuff.

I thought the gig was good otherwise though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Sure he's been exactly like that for years. I didn't hear any more cringe worthy than normal.....but normal for him is definitely bad!

Advertisement