Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Whoever put together that bit on his vocals needs to go out and get laid. ffs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

seachto7 wrote: »
    Whoever put together that bit on his vocals needs to go out and get laid. ffs....

Not really, found it a good read and spot in on most parts

Anybody any idea what happened to Newsted?

New album out, dates confirmed then they were all pulled, he didn't play any of the Euro festivals and has gone totally dark, hope he's ok

This is fanboy stuff gone way over the top. Who gives a sh*te about his vocal? I can't wait to read the article about the lines on his face, or the colour of his jeans since 1983, or how his hair has changed since Kill Em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

This is fanboy stuff gone way over the top. Who gives a sh*te about his vocal? I can't wait to read the article about the lines on his face, or the colour of his jeans since 1983, or how his hair has changed since Kill Em all.

Well at least his acne has cleared up.

• Advertisement

Well at least his acne has cleared up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Vocal wise James has been moving ever closer toward a Glenn Danzig style of singing since before the black album. With over emphasis on pronouncing vowels.

Puppets was his vocal peak. Voice like a buzzsaw on that album.

THE biggest metal band ever, of course i give a shite about his vocals, the hetfield growl is one of the main parts of the bands sound, thought it was a great piece and well worded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

You're complaining about an article on James Hetfield's vocals. It's a major part of the music they make, so I don't understand why you're so upset. I suppose you'll be giving out about a Guitar World article on Kirk Hammett's lead technique next or Lars' snare sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

You're complaining about an article on James Hetfield's vocals. It's a major part of the music they make, so I don't understand why you're so upset. I suppose you'll be giving out about a Guitar World article on Kirk Hammett's lead technique next or Lars' snare sound.

Don't open that can of worms again :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,141 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it's one of the most important things in metallica history, it's up there with eet fuk and the jackson randy rhodes V.

ah here leaver out!

I stopped reading Guitar World or paying any attention to it around the year 2000

I stopped reading Guitar World or paying any attention to it around the year 2000
    irrelevant answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

FFS hurry up with the new album lads!!!

FFS hurry up with the new album lads!!!

I wish they would do another covers album.
    Their Dio tribute was superb. They should cover:

Kiss - Creatures Of The Night
    Motorhead - Killed By Death
    Steely Dan - Do It Again
    Voi Vod - Tornado
    Free - Wishing Well
    Pink Floyd - The Nile Song
    Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
    Jimi Hendrix - Stone Free
    New Model Army - Vengeance
    Celtic Frost - I Won't Dance
    Jet - Look What You've Done
    Fleetwood Mac - Black Magic Woman
    Rival Sons - Pressure And Time
    Danzig - Mother

FCUK, That would sound great.

F@&k a covers album!! Trujillo's been in the band for over 10 years, and has recorded one, yes ONE studio album in that time!!! Waste of talent IMO

F@&k a covers album!! Trujillo's been in the band for over 10 years, and has recorded one, yes ONE studio album in that time!!! Waste of talent IMO
    Dont forget the 'L' one.

Dont forget the 'L' one.

Never actually heard that one!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No more covers
    No more tours
    No more TV shows
    No more movies

Just get in the studio, record a few songs and release them ffs.

• Advertisement

No more covers
    No more tours
    No more TV shows
    No more movies

Just get in the studio, record a few songs and release them ffs.

I wouldn't mind if they included a cover of "Black Rose" on their next album......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

Dont forget the 'L' one.

That's not an album, it's a pile of shíte. It needs to be removed from Metallica's history. Bit like St gick.

Bang_Bang wrote: »
    That's not an album, it's a pile of shíte. It needs to be removed from Metallica's history. Bit like St gick.

Not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

And s&m.

And s&m.

S&M wasn't too bad, well I only liked two songs on it, the thing and puppets. At least they played well on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,200 ✭✭✭✭briany

St. Anger's grown on me in the last few years, but I still wouldn't be having a St. Anger listening session. Like whiskey, it's probably best to take in via small doses at a time (though many mightn't heed that advice :pac: ). It has it's place and I think it differentiates itself within the Metallica catalog. Certainly not their best album but I respect that they really put their feelings out there, so to speak, in such a raw way.

briany wrote: »
    St. Anger's grown on me in the last few years, but I still wouldn't be having a St. Anger listening session. Like whiskey, it's probably best to take in via small doses at a time (though many mightn't heed that advice :pac: ). It has it's place and I think it differentiates itself within the Metallica catalog. Certainly not their best album but I respect that they really put their feelings out there, so to speak, in such a raw way.

Well 6 million sales worldwide shows somebody obviously likes st anger, I bought it myself I must confess, I've tried and tried, I just can't, there's not even one song I can even get fuzzy listening to. It's just not for me I guess.

S&M wasn't too bad, well I only liked two songs on it, the thing and puppets. At least they played well on it.

I think more than two songs were good on that cd????

Well 6 million sales worldwide shows somebody obviously likes st anger, I bought it myself I must confess, I've tried and tried, I just can't, there's not even one song I can even get fuzzy listening to. It's just not for me I guess.

Maybe there is six million people like you. Disappointed with their purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,200 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think there was some post production tweaking going on there. It happens on a lot of live albums - each instrument is recorded to a separate track and then mistakes, flubs and off key moments are edited out/overdubbed in a similar fashion to a normal studio recording. Either that or it's the cleanest performance Metallica had ever done.
    Maybe there is six million people like you. Disappointed with their purchase.

If they were that disappointed, they could have all just returned the CD and Metallica would have been left with egg on their face. That didn't happen, though. Whatever you think about St. Anger, it hasn't been a forgotten album. People still talk about it, good, bad, or indifferent.

Advertisement