Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I know it wouldn't be the most popular song with hardcore fans but the solo on Nothing Else Matters is brilliant.

That and Unforgiven are easily the best songs on the album. In fact they're the only songs on the album I can listen to these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Friend of mine found the No Life Til Leather record store day release for me. Can't wait to check it out!

They are Selling St. Anger on tape in the sound cellar!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

James' grunt just after the 3 minute mark is pretty cool too I think.

Lol okaaaay then!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Friend of mine found the No Life Til Leather record store day release for me. Can't wait to check it out!

I picked this up last night in Golden Discs! Couldn't believe my luck, I got the Slayer 7" a couple of days ago in Golden Discs as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

blastman wrote: »
    I picked this up last night in Golden Discs! Couldn't believe my luck, I got the Slayer 7" a couple of days ago in Golden Discs as well....

That is a find! They both sold out here in no time at all and I've struggled even finding a copy since...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone listen to Jamey Jasta's (Hatebreed) podcast? I love it, one if his receng guests was Kirk, recorded at Fearfestevil, it's not often Kirk does interviews but i really really enjoyed it, just over an hour too

http://www.jameyjasta.com/episodes/2015/4/16/episode-78-kirk-hammett-metallica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Another year, more of the same from Metallica. Here's the set list from last night's gig in LV. No need for for spoiler alerts!

1. Fuel
    2. Master of Puppets
    3. King Nothing
    4. Disposable Heroes
    5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    6. Lords of Summer
    7. The Unforgiven
    8. Cyanide
    9. Sad But True
    10. Turn the Page
    11. One
    12. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    13. Blackened
    14. Nothing Else Matters
    15. Enter Sandman
    ENCORE
    16. Whiskey in the Jar
    17. Creeping Death
    18. Seek and Destroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Metallica - 2015-05-09 - Las Vegas, NV, USA (Rock in Rio USA)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And they are off to The X Games in Austin

http://www.metallica.com/news/20150511-598285.asp

I'm looking forward to seeing them in Leeds. Not expecting any spoilers but it will be good to see them. First Tallica' gig since 2011...

• Advertisement

I'd love another Irish Metallica gig albeit one in Dublin, today coincidentally enough is 5 years since i made the trek up North to see them on their 2nd night in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Still tempted to make the trek over for one of those gigs, Leeds being the most likely. I'll be hopefully looking at booking it next month!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd love another Irish Metallica gig albeit one in Dublin, today coincidentally enough is 5 years since i made the trek up North to see them on their 2nd night in Belfast.

Was listening to the audio of that show earlier. Those two nights were much better than any of the Dublin gigs I have been to!

Was listening to the audio of that show earlier. Those two nights were much better than any of the Dublin gigs I have been to!

Yeah the soundboard of the 2nd night is on Youtube, still get goosebumps listening to it. Would loved to have seen them in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Another year, more of the same from Metallica. Here's the set list from last night's gig in LV. No need for for spoiler alerts!

1. Fuel
    2. Master of Puppets
    3. King Nothing
    4. Disposable Heroes
    5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    6. Lords of Summer
    7. The Unforgiven
    8. Cyanide
    9. Sad But True
    10. Turn the Page
    11. One
    12. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    13. Blackened
    14. Nothing Else Matters
    15. Enter Sandman
    ENCORE
    16. Whiskey in the Jar
    17. Creeping Death
    18. Seek and Destroy

How do bands not get bored doing the same songs over and over, in pretty much the same order?

(That's not a dig at Metallica, most big bands do it, AC/DC being another example).

ozzy jr wrote: »
    How do bands not get bored doing the same songs over and over, in pretty much the same order?

(That's not a dig at Metallica, most big bands do it, AC/DC being another example).

I think Metallica are a bit better than most other bands. Some bands go through an entire tour without changing the setlist once. At least Metallica rotate. While it is pretty samey they do switch around some songs so that it won't be exactly the same 2 nights in a row!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think Metallica are a bit better than most other bands. Some bands go through an entire tour without changing the setlist once. At least Metallica rotate. While it is pretty samey they do switch around some songs so that it won't be exactly the same 2 nights in a row!

Yeah, that's true. They usually mix around the songs from Garage Inc as well, in their defense!

It's the same ending every night that bores me. The vast majority of gigs end the main set with NEM and Enter Sandman. Then they start the encore with a cover and finish with S&D.

I know they have to play ES and NEM but for God's sake mix it up a bit. Surprise us a bit by throwing them in earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's the same ending every night that bores me. The vast majority of gigs end the main set with NEM and Enter Sandman. Then they start the encore with a cover and finish with S&D.

I know they have to play ES and NEM but for God's sake mix it up a bit. Surprise us a bit by throwing them in earlier.
    Always reckoned they should go back to opening with sandman, good opener and gets it out of the way(and ditch the Metallica family bollox) and rotate NEM and Unforgiven, the 2 in one show is a pain tbh. I understand they're older now and want to pace a show but there's no need to play the 2 in the same set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

No argument there, was at both and they were 2 excellent shows. The difference seeing them indoors playing to 'their' crowd as opposed to festival/one off outdoor shows is huge. Despite my recent disenchantment with them, the indoor dates I seen them on during the world magnetic tour were bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Always reckoned they should go back to opening with sandman, good opener and gets it out of the way(and ditch the Metallica family bollox) and rotate NEM and Unforgiven, the 2 in one show is a pain tbh. I understand they're older now and want to pace a show but there's no need to play the 2 in the same set.

They're a cabaret act at this stage so keeping the casual fans happy is the goal so you're always gonna get the 'hits' played a every gig and I have no problem with that. But imagine a tour that opens with S&D one night then had it 4th the next and Enter Sandman played sixth or something. As well as making it the gigs more interesting for us, I'd say it'll give them the shot in the ass that they need as they look like they're just going through the motions these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Remember when i seen them on the black tour in Manchester, opened with Roam, was class

I'd really like to see something special for the gig in Leeds but I'm not expecting anything more than a night of Metallica entertainment. To be honest I'm just desperate to see them indoors now since 14 of my 15 Metallica concerts have been outdoors - and I'd much rather an indoor gig

I'm also thinking that with any re-releases they spoke about (following on from this demo cassette) they might try some Garage dates...you'd probably have to keep your ear to the ground in the fan club for that and even then you'd be extremely lucky...but seriously, that would be incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I actually like how they finish with Sandman and Seek and Destroy.

Also think they rotate pretty well too - King Nothing, Turn the Page, Cyanide, Disposable Heroes - Not really regularly played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I can only dream they'll do a dark set list arena tour one day ....no hits no gimics just 8min metal tunes

I can only dream they'll do a dark set list arena tour one day ....no hits no gimics just 8min metal tunes

An Evening With tour, and only playing songs from the first 4 albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    An Evening With tour, and only playing songs from the first 4 albums.

Snoooore. They did "An Evening With" on the Black album tour when they had no support and the video before their set. It'll be a re-hash of an old idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Playing "Load" in full would excite me more these days it's one of the only things they haven't done to death.

An evening with only playing songs off first 4 albums....

1.Hit the Lights
    2.Creeping Death
    3.Battery
    4.The Four Horsemen
    5.Master Of Puppets
    6.Harvester of Sorrow
    7.For Whom The Bell Tolls
    8.Fade To Black
    9.Blackened
    10.Welcome Home
    11.Breadfan
    12.One
    13.Seek and Destroy....Thank you for being part of this historical event...This is something special that we've never done before...Metallica loves all of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭SireOfSeth

Playing "Load" in full would excite me more these days it's one of the only things they haven't done to death.

An evening with only playing songs off first 4 albums....

1.Hit the Lights
    2.Creeping Death
    3.Battery
    4.The Four Horsemen
    5.Master Of Puppets
    6.Harvester of Sorrow
    7.For Whom The Bell Tolls
    8.Fade To Black
    9.Blackened
    10.Welcome Home
    11.Breadfan
    12.One
    13.Seek and Destroy....Thank you for being part of this historical event...This is something special that we've never done before...Metallica loves all of you...

Know what you mean, but I'd prefer the classics (even if they are played to death) rather than Load (or anything from then on) -- having said that... I could listen to "The Day That Never Comes" all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'd really like to see something special for the gig in Leeds but I'm not expecting anything more than a night of Metallica entertainment. To be honest I'm just desperate to see them indoors now since 14 of my 15 Metallica concerts have been outdoors - and I'd much rather an indoor gig

I'm also thinking that with any re-releases they spoke about (following on from this demo cassette) they might try some Garage dates...you'd probably have to keep your ear to the ground in the fan club for that and even then you'd be extremely lucky...but seriously, that would be incredible!

That would be incredible, imagine seeing them somewhere like Whelans or the Button Factory!

Advertisement