Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,200 ✭✭✭✭briany

seachto7 wrote: »
    On a side note, I heard Aonghus McNally on Radio 1 last night and was reminded of the fact that I saw him in the balcony, in a tuxedo, at the Metallica gig in 96 in The Point.

Can anyone join the dots for me?

Probably there to talk to them about a possible guest spot on the Lyrics Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Between UFC and this tonight is a good night :D

Think they are on @ 01:00 am Irish time, but ain't entirely sure.

Think they are on @ 01:00 am Irish time, but ain't entirely sure.

yeah, sound like it, althouth the LP website says Death from Above are on stage 16:00 to 17:00, the 'live' stream has them on now, and it's 17:42

Just checked the channel list on the site and says Metallica will be on at 02:15am (maybe it converted to my timezone), if so then there's a 1hr 15min delay

Just seen that Catfish and the Bottlemen opened the main stage for Metallica, pretty chuffed for them, they're from my tiny home town in North Wales, seen them many times in my bro in laws pub, always knew they had the potential to make it big but never this big

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    yeah, sound like it, althouth the LP website says Death from Above are on stage 16:00 to 17:00, the 'live' stream has them on now, and it's 17:42

Just checked the channel list on the site and says Metallica will be on at 02:15am (maybe it converted to my timezone), if so then there's a 1hr 15min delay

Just seen that Catfish and the Bottlemen opened the main stage for Metallica, pretty chuffed for them, they're from my tiny home town in North Wales, seen them many times in my bro in laws pub, always knew they had the potential to make it big but never this big

Might not bother staying awake for the livestream, it'll probably be on Youtube in a few days, can pretty much guess the set-list.

I checked Google and 8pm Central is 01:00 Irish time, hopefully it is a 01:00 start with no delay.. That is a pretty big feather in the cap for a band from North Wales to open the main-stage of a festival, hours before Metallica grace the same stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,151 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Heads up...

Metallica live at Reading, this Saturday on BBC Four at 10.40pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone watching this tonight?

Is it the entire set or just bits of the set??

If it's anything like mumford and sons last night it will be most if not all of it.

OT: Crazy strange line up at reading this year, watching last night it looked like either I'm getting old or reading crowds have changed dramatically ..... probably both lol

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone watching this tonight?

OH YEAH! :D

If it's anything like mumford and sons last night it will be most if not all of it.

I've put it on record, television is occupied, hopefully it is the entire set..

It's on for 2 hours so t must be pretty much all of it.

obviously not live as they went on at 21:30

OT: Crazy strange line up at reading this year, watching last night it looked like either I'm getting old or reading crowds have changed dramatically ..... probably both lol

I know what you mean, the contrast between Mumford and Metallica is crazy. But seems to be the way in 2015, no 'new' act can headline a major festival.

Saw Metallica at Leeds 2003 when they were promoting *shudder* St. Anger. Great show :)

I know what you mean, the contrast between Mumford and Metallica is crazy. But seems to be the way in 2015, no 'new' act can headline a major festival.

Saw Metallica at Leeds 2003 when they were promoting *shudder* St. Anger. Great show :)

Yeah Reading used be the alt. rock / indie / emo .... whatever came next festival

Same as Glastonbury, fans onstage with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

not sounding too bad for a bunch of ould lads

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    not sounding too bad for a bunch of ould lads

lmao was just thinking the same then they did an over head of lars on the drums showing the bald patch :D

Same as Glastonbury, fans onstage with them :)

Feck those fans. They're the reason there is no pyro any more apparently. I like me pyro.

• Advertisement

lmao was just thinking the same then they did an over head of lars on the drums showing the bald patch :D

oh id say i ll be sporting one of those trendy hairdos myself soon

Feck those fans. They're the reason there is no pyro any more apparently. I like me pyro.

I say use pyro regardless, Deathklok style :D

I like watching these guys, have done since I was a wee lad and saw them 3 times but what's always annoyed me about them is their output vs their peers and they hpye over each release, been what 7 years since their last record?

Quality over quantity some may say , but I wasn't mad about their last 2 records and I'm guessing the setlist tonight will be light on those records.

I like watching these guys, have done since I was a wee lad and saw them 3 times but what's always annoyed me about them is their output vs their peers and they hpye over each release, been what 7 years since their last record?

Quality over quantity some may say , but I wasn't mad about their last 2 records and I'm guessing the setlist tonight will be light on those records.

ah they owe us nothing!

i can spoil the setlist for yea if yea like?

ah they owe us nothing!

Na just checked on setlist.fm there ;)

They just showed some fella in the crowd head down looking into his iPad. :rolleyes:

They just showed some fella in the crowd head down looking into his iPad. :rolleyes:

Seek And Destroy :)

ah they owe us nothing!

Na just checked on setlist.fm there ;)

Just hope we get 'Frayed.

Seek And Destroy :)

Ha new meaning to that these days , could be flying in a drone strike using his fancy tablet there :D

• Advertisement

Just hope we get 'Frayed.

thats a maybe. been playing it on and off lately. been a while since ive seen these guys. like to make in number 10

Advertisement