Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A solo so good they felt they needed to rewind it for us to hear it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,151 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

HERE WE GO!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

f*ck yea

herself "oh I know this one" #excitement :rolleyes:

jesus that guitar is stunning

• Advertisement

Yeah it's been agreed here the crowd there is doo doo and in order to have a pit in our front room we'd have to wake up the baby which ain't gonna happen.

Edit: SO it's like chicken wing elbows here on the sofa while half asleep lol

Yeah it's been agreed here the crowd there is doo doo and in order to have a pit in our front room we'd have to wake up the baby which ain't gonna happen.

Edit: SO it's like chicken wing elbows here on the sofa while half asleep lol

best to introduce baby to the pit early. toughing them up for the real thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

The wah pedal is mankinds worst invention. Along with solos that are just scale ****.

no frayed im afraid

Kirk STAHP

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    best to introduce baby to the pit early. toughing them up for the real thing

Yeah so far at 20 months she's loving taylor swift and at the drive in the most in equal measure, at least thats what the how much her arms flail about to the sounds suggest, bi-polar baby???? :pac:

Cries when she hears fall out boy though so is off to a good start i think.

Yeah so far at 20 months she's loving taylor swift and at the drive in the most in equal measure, at least thats what the how much her arms flail about to the sounds suggest, bi-polar baby???? :pac:

Cries when she hears fall out boy though so is off to a good start i think.

try some carcass or death, see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Schwiiing wrote: »
    The wah pedal is mankinds worst invention. Along with solos that are just scale ****.
    Some psychedelic rock bands use wah pedals to great effect.

Kirk Hammet on the other hand...

hope jason newsted is doing ok. any news?

Might go watch Seattle '89 to wash the taste of that out of my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hope jason newsted is doing ok. any news?

Not a peep from him since last September..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭griffin100

Now that's an encore!!!!

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Might go watch Seattle '89 to wash the taste of that out of my ears.

always find these comments odd. people change, bands change, we all get older. its a part of life. if you dont like a band anymore, move on and enjoy your memories of them. i find a lot of metalheads don't really understand these basic facts of life. things change. none of us are immune to getting older. you will get old, slow down and change. yes metallica has changed, probably no where near as good as they use to be but at least theyre still doing it and enjoying it. its not all about us as fans all the time. they owe us nothing. they have brought happiness to millions on this planet and not many people can say that

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not a peep from him since last September..

bit worried about that. thats very odd. i wish him the best

bit worried about that. thats very odd. i wish him the best

Well the band has been inactive since last September, Jason's been MIA from all social media, maybe he's made enough money and decided to retire and to live comfortably for the rest of his days, plus i'm sure he still get's royalty checks for his contributions to Metallica during his 14 years in the band.

That's just my take on his whole disappearance.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well the band has been inactive since last September, Jason's been MIA from all social media, maybe he's made enough money and decided to retire and to live comfortably for the rest of his days, plus i'm sure he still get's royalty checks for his contributions to Metallica during his 14 years in the band.

That's just my take on his whole disappearance.

i think theres something wrong to be honest. he done a quick vanishing act. thats very unusual. the chaps a multi millionaire, dont think money is ever gonna be an issue for him. thats very odd behaviour. id say theres a chance of some mental health problem. hard to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i think theres something wrong to be honest. he done a quick vanishing act. thats very unusual. the chaps a multi millionaire, dont think money is ever gonna be an issue for him. thats very odd behaviour. id say theres a chance of some mental health problem. hard to tell.

I've asked this a few times on this thread and am genuinely worried for the guy, he was the heartbeat of the band for years.

He was all over social media, (great) new album released, tour planned, things looking up for him, then bang, tour is cancelled the day they were due to step on plane and nobody has heard from him since :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I mainly only like their older stuff, and in the past I've thought they were a little bit rough live. But that Reading show was one of the best performances from them I've seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

griffin100 wrote: »
    Now that's an encore!!!!

Seriously?

Did the choice of songs surprise you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i thought they were great at reading festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,151 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

i thought they were great at reading festival

Me too, easy to forget sometimes that the band are no longer spring chickens (Lars is 51, James just turned 52) but they did a good job :)

Me too, easy to forget sometimes that the band are no longer spring chickens (Lars is 51, James just turned 52) but they did a good job :)

Most of the bands I've listened to since I got into music in the early 90's are in or around that age, and as I mentioned last night are far more productive musically than metallica have been in the last 20 years. That said their lifestyle over the years would put them at what age though ???? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone from here head over to this gig? Milton Keynes '93, what a fcukin day it was, band were on fire

Just watching this now, the first 2 tracks ya can see how integral Jason is, wonder how it all went to wrong

Jason's ferocity on the backing vocals in Creeping Death has NEVER been matched... And being clichéd here, but would imagine drugs, booze, ego would have possibly played a part in it going pear shaped.. There was actually something in Dave Mustaine's book about that show, that one of the Metallica guys put a silver platter of Coke in front of him, expecting him to go absolutely nuts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How did all the fans get on stage ??. Is it a more expensive ticket type or a fan club draw thing.

Advertisement