Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I remember it happening, frightening that it's now almost 30 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Can't for the life of me get AJFA on vinyl. Ordered off ebay, and they get back to say they're out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

seachto7 wrote: »
    Can't for the life of me get AJFA on vinyl. Ordered off ebay, and they get back to say they're out of stock!

Have you tried Amazon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Try Metallicas own website. They've a good selection of vinyl on there. Discogs.com is really good as well if you don't know it.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Have you tried Amazon??

Aye.

Picked it up on their own site, along with a few other albums 😩😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You might have it in time for Xmas so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

LayneStaley1993-wide.jpg

That long to post to Ireland then ? :(

• Advertisement

That long to post to Ireland then ? :(

I haven't bought anything off their site for years but it would often take 5 or 6 weeks to get to Ireland. A friend bought a baby suit for my newborn 3 years ago, it took 6 weeks to arrive and he got about 2 weeks use out of it because it took so long to arrive. :)

And the met online store are out of AJFA. Just got an email. I ordered MOP and KEA on vinyl too seeing as I was paying for shipping and they now ask me if I'd like something else instead before shipping.
    No! I want AJFA :(

James Hetfield Says Metallica Are Recording “Right Now”

http://www.guitarworld.com/james-hetfield-says-metallica-are-recording-right-now/25649

And

12182965_10153122147615264_6590563272015285818_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

That bass players a tit.

Suicidal Tendencies need to get a classic lineup reunion going ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

That bass players a tit.

I miss Jason too but that's harsh. Rob's an unbelievable bass player.

Speaking of Newsted I had the album on over the weekend, it's still great. Not a metal classic by any means but very solid. Had the pleasure of meeting him too when he was supporting Mastodon, lovely guy, full of chat and really friendly. Anyone know where he disappeared to? I'd heard he had some personal issues but I hope he's doing alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

NOPE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Speaking of Newsted I had the album on over the weekend, it's still great. Not a metal classic by any means but very solid. Had the pleasure of meeting him too when he was supporting Mastodon, lovely guy, full of chat and really friendly. Anyone know where he disappeared to? I'd heard he had some personal issues but I hope he's doing alright.

he supported Mastodon over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

something is up with jason, it was discussed here somewhere in the thread, he was on the pigs back with his band, left the mustaine tour of australia and hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

something is up with jason, it was discussed here somewhere in the thread, he was on the pigs back with his band, left the mustaine tour of australia and hasn't been seen since.

He's even quit all social media, wonder what he's doing with himself, he was actually pretty optimistic about the future when he spilled all in that Scuzz interview a while back, Metallica's 30th anniversary shows gave him a bit of a boost to go back and do what he was meant to be doing again and now he's vanished again. Would love his ventures to work out for him, he deserves it like after the toll of leaving Metallica took on him, he may have millions but you'd wonder is he happy like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is/was he into drugs?

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    He's even quit all social media, wonder what he's doing with himself, he was actually pretty optimistic about the future when he spilled all in that Scuzz interview a while back, Metallica's 30th anniversary shows gave him a bit of a boost to go back and do what he was meant to be doing again and now he's vanished again. Would love his ventures to work out for him, he deserves it like after the toll of leaving Metallica took on him, he may have millions but you'd wonder is he happy like.
    the only clue was a vague sentence his guitarist said in an interview "..he thought things weren't like the old days"...by all accounts everything was looking positive before he vanished

the only clue was a vague sentence his guitarist said in an interview "..he thought things weren't like the old days"...by all accounts everything was looking positive before he vanished

I read that also, I also read unconfirmed reports that there is friction between himself and the wife because he started locking himself away, putting on the bass and banging out metallica records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

scudzilla wrote: »
    he supported Mastodon over here?

Was at the gig in Antwerp, Belgium. He supported them there.

I see they've effectively killed Metclub in one swoop,it's now a free club that anyone can sign up for. Just having a read on the Met Boards and it hasn't gone down well at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lord lucan wrote: »
    I see they've effectively killed Metclub in one swoop,it's now a free club that anyone can sign up for. Just having a read on the Met Boards and it hasn't gone down well at all.

For the best they have released 2 albums since the turn of the millennium. Presale exclusives are also irrelevant when the band is pretty much on one big constant run of festivals. They are surprisingly doing people a favor not taking the cash for minimal return and have so opened up to everyone another way to keep themselves relevant I suppose.

Gas looking at the comments its all I remember sending off my details in a yellow envelope all these years ago makes me sad etc etc :D....Ya well it was worth it then..ask yourself is it worth it today the answer is no there is no membership packs or so what mags for the free members either which pretty much is what people paid money for.

lord lucan wrote: »

It's sad but true, they should blackened all those freeloaders and give justice to all of us paying customers with one free pass to the meet and greet so we can fight fire with these freeloaders. I would personally pull electrical cables out of the wall and make them ride the lightning.

But sure nothing else matters with metallica, they hired a crab to play bass FFS?!

It's sad but true, they should blackened all those freeloaders and give justice to all of us paying customers with one free pass to the meet and greet so we can fight fire with these freeloaders. I would personally pull electrical cables out of the wall and make them ride the lightning.

But sure nothing else matters with metallica, they hired a crab to play bass FFS?!

That was oddly poetic, bravo sir!

Wish they'd speed along with the new album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That was oddly poetic, bravo sir!

Wish they'd speed along with the new album
    Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett has made it official that metal giants are in the studio, recording a follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic."

Speaking of which, Kirk told Ultimate Classic Rock that the new material has a similar vibe to the band's previous release.

He said: "It's heavy. We've got some heavy stuff going. It delivers on that front for sure. You know, I would say a lot of it is along the lines of 'Death Magnetic.' A lot of it seems to be going along those lines.

"But you know, with social media now and everything else, I'm a little bit wary to comment too much on the album, because then people pick up on it. Then, people think that that's the final definitive statement on what this album is, or how much of it is done, or what it sounds like or whatever - and that's not really the case. It's not accurate. [Laughs] We're still working on it."

Frontman James Hetfield previously revealed that the band is in the studio, but said absolutely nothing else apart from "we're recording right now." Now, Hammett offered a few extra tidbits.

He said: "At this point, we're still just doing basic backing tracks. James is doing his guitar stuff, and I am just kind of waiting patiently to go in there and do all of my guitar stuff. What I like to do is, I like to go in and do all of my rhythm stuff and then right after that do all of my lead stuff. It works better for me rather than the piecemeal here and there like the other guys like to do it.

"So, because I like doing it that way, it doesn't matter to me when we finish the drum tracks and then everyone else puts on their stuff and it is just set aside. I want to wait until all of the tracks are done, and then I go out there and just spew guitars forever and ever and ever. That's when I'm going to break this stuff out and get it committed to tape and make a real serious documentation of this stuff on the album."

During a separate chat with Heavy Metal About, Kirk said that he's amazed with how faster the band used to put out material in the early days.

He commented: "Our first three albums came out our first three years, and for some reason that boggles my mind nowadays. Back then, it was just what everyone did. New year, new album and tour.

"Even a generation before that it was every six months a new album and tour. So, having said all that, taking seven or eight years between albums is a lot of time, but we've filled it up with other things, like making a movie, making an album with Lou Reed, going on tour pretty regularly."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/its_official_metallica_is_recording_a_new_album_songs_sound_similar_to_death_magnetic.html

• Advertisement

killing jokes new album is one of the best albums i've heard this century....If metallica can get that sort of mentality going it would be great, however i doubt they will.

Advertisement