Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

killing jokes new album is one of the best albums i've heard this century....If metallica can get that sort of mentality going it would be great, however i doubt they will.

Fleming Rasmussen said Jason was a technical bass player, he also said he was better to work with than Cliff. He also said MOP was recorded in a warehouse on Christmas Day and the following week in 1985. That would explain the big stadium sound, he hated being credited with justice because Lars reversed all his mixing. The same guy that mixed justice mixed appetite for destruction, and he to this day wants to punch Lars in the face.

The problem is now they are recording in HQ, so the new album will not have any bigness or euphoria, it'll be just an office hatchet job

Check this out, disposable hero's, 1985 they were legends back then

http://youtu.be/NoVavpbhBfM

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That Disposable Heroes video from 1985 sent a chill up my spine..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That Disposable Heroes video from 1985 sent a chill up my spine..

Goes to show you, if they stopped fcuking around with the guitars they could have it, just use the MX 200 james, with the original pickups!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Check this out, disposable hero's, 1985 they were legends back then

http://youtu.be/NoVavpbhBfM

That is absolutely fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I love Metallica fans.

"They are money grabbing blah blah sellout blah"

Metallica: "Hey we made our fan club free"

Fans: "How dare you"

Having been a member myself and paying money for it, I can understand the frustration. But based on what you got from the site, this is a welcome change!

What's the difference in the Met Club being free in comparison to it being previously exclusive?

What's the difference in the Met Club being free in comparison to it being previously exclusive?

Now anyone (including bots) can access it to apply for Meet and Greets, Presale tickets etc. Sorta eliminates the exclusivity. But they currently have no dates scheduled for 2016. So pointless complaining now, but come the next tour I am curious to see how they handle it.

Now anyone (including bots) can access it to apply for Meet and Greets, Presale tickets etc. Sorta eliminates the exclusivity. But they currently have no dates scheduled for 2016. So pointless complaining now, but come the next tour I am curious to see how they handle it.

Couldn't they have whoever runs the site implement something to stop said bots from applying for M&G's & Pre Sales? Asking the wrong person i know :pac:

Am tempted to sign up, but kinda on the fence to be honest.

Couldn't they have whoever runs the site implement something to stop said bots from applying for M&G's & Pre Sales? Asking the wrong person i know :pac:

Takes 2 seconds and its completely free. Do it ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I guarantee they'll go along the lines of maybe 30/40 meet and greets per show for the metclub and will sell another 50 or so at a stupid price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I love Metallica fans.

"They are money grabbing blah blah sellout blah"

Metallica: "Hey we made our fan club free"

Fans: "How dare you"

Having been a member myself and paying money for it, I can understand the frustration. But based on what you got from the site, this is a welcome change!

Pretty much sums it up. I was a member for years and done pretty well out of it,won a meet and greet 5 years ago and got presale tickets for a number of shows that would've sold out pretty quickly in the US as well as a couple of fan cans.

I let it lapse 3 years ago and tbh the only thing I missed was the club boards which were good for reasoned discussion and insights without too much fanboyism. Some people like the idea of it as a badge of honour,a sign of how hardcore a fan you were. Why you'd want to pay €60 a year to do that is beyond me but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    I guarantee they'll go along the lines of maybe 30/40 meet and greets per show for the metclub and will sell another 50 or so at a stupid price

I'd be surprised if they started to charge for it tbh,they make enough on touring and I just don't see them as being that money hungry that they'd now start to charge for it. It'd be especially pointless at the moment as Hetfield hasn't done a M&G in nearly 2 years and many wouldn't want to pay to meet just 3 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they started to charge for it tbh,they make enough on touring and I just don't see them as being that money hungry that they'd now start to charge for it. It'd be especially pointless at the moment as Hetfield hasn't done a M&G in nearly 2 years and many wouldn't want to pay to meet just 3 of them.

If Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath are charging upwards of 600euro for a M&G you can bet your ass that Lars will have dollar signs in his eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

scudzilla wrote: »
    If Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath are charging upwards of 600euro for a M&G you can bet your ass that Lars will have dollar signs in his eyes
    Seriously, what kind of idiots would pay this much money to meet a bunch of aging rockers years past their sell-by date? You could spend that money on more recent and more relevent bands.

Metallica are still getting far too much attention these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Only reason I was paying my membership for metclub for the last 3 years was for the chance to get meet and greets for when they came back to Ireland, I'm a bit annoyed that they got rid of the exclusivity of the club and now, it'll be harder now I guess to get meet and greets, thought I'd be in with a shot with scoring one next year since they haven't been here since 09/10 and they are probably going to do a show here if the album is coming along well enough for a late 2016 release.

Was looking forward to a possible short summer European tour announcement at around Christmas - Spring like they normally do and I could grab my ticket and enter in for a meet and greet, probably should have joined metclub sooner, if I have to pay big bucks for a meet and greet I'd be pretty disgusted.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kirk-hammett-on-timeline-for-next-metallica-album-2016-or-early-2017-at-the-latest/
    But, eventually, you will see a new METALLICA album, and it will most likely be in 2016, and at the very worst, at the beginning of 2017."

Can see it released by September 2016, to coincide with a short European tour to build up to the album and once the album is out there'll be a run of indoor shows in the states through the Autumn and the rest of the world (including Europe again) into 2017, same thing as when Death Magnetic came out.

Hope they don't have like cameras in their faces filming the whole thing and throwing their focus off, they should just lock themselves away like they did in the old days and the little we know what it sounds like the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

As a life long fan (since 88) I will not be remotely excited about a new album...I held on as long as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

As a life long fan (since 88) I will not be remotely excited about a new album...I held on as long as possible
    I'm not the least bit excited about a new Metallica album, the world doesn't need one. There'll be plenty of good music around to enjoy instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

lord lucan wrote: »
    Pretty much sums it up. I was a member for years and done pretty well out of it,won a meet and greet 5 years ago and got presale tickets for a number of shows that would've sold out pretty quickly in the US as well as a couple of fan cans.

I let it lapse 3 years ago and tbh the only thing I missed was the club boards which were good for reasoned discussion and insights without too much fanboyism. Some people like the idea of it as a badge of honour,a sign of how hardcore a fan you were. Why you'd want to pay €60 a year to do that is beyond me but each to their own.

The amount of whining about the club is hilarious. So many complaints about no longer receiving a physical copy of "So What", the club magazine. TBH "So What" lost any sense of value years ago, content was just boring. The shirt for the last few years has been terrible, so the option of buying one if the design is cool is a great idea IMO.

I noticed I have the little "legacy" badge thing on my profile now, which is nice for a long term member, but is another bloody issue of contention for people who want "different levels of legacy". Never realised there were so many whining little b*tches on the site. Glad I don't have to pay for it anymore, much prefer to give my few quid every year to Pearl Jam's Ten Club.

It seems the Legacy members get first preference of tickets, getting presale an hour before any other members. Stupid me registering with a new email address and losing my Legacy status ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It seems the Legacy members get first preference of tickets, getting presale an hour before any other members. Stupid me registering with a new email address and losing my Legacy status ha

The days of Metallica gigs selling out quickly is long gone so unless it's for a club date or something, not getting the pre sale an hour early shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Can you remember your old log in details at all? Even the username? If you were a member for more than two years in a row your account is still there.

SNEAK PEEK OF THE MASTER OF PUPPETS BOOK COVER

20151210_182823_7549_777311.jpeg
    Over a year ago we told you that we had teamed up with acclaimed award winning author Matt Taylor to tell the definitive story of Master of Puppets and the subsequent tour that followed its release. You all jumped in to assist us in putting the pieces together by sending your photos, videos, stories and mementos... we could not have done it without you! Here’s your first glance at the cover of Metallica: Back to the Front, which will see the light of day Fall of 2016.

We’re pretty sure it will be worth the wait as the book is chock full of exclusive intensive interviews with all of us as we spent countless hours with Matt digging deep in our memory banks for stories, anecdotes, tidbits and tales from the studio, the road and beyond. Matt spoke to all the major players at that time in our history, including those who were with us during the making of the record including producer Flemming Rasmussen and the man who mixed it, Michael Wagener. He tracked down the entire MOP road crew including John Marshall and members of the bands who toured with us, Anthrax and Armored Saint. Our booking agent, tour promoters and managers Cliff Burnstein and Peter Mensch all were overly generous with their time and recollections. Faith No More guitarist Jim Martin and drummer Mike Bordin and Diamond Head’s Brian Tatler spoke with Matt about their memories of those crazy times and of course you, the fans who were at those shows gave us an amazing view of your memories and experiences. Finally, we’re honored that Cliff Burton’s dad Ray sat down for an extensive interview.

We all hit the storage lockers, attics and basements to fill the book with hundreds of never-before-seen images pulled from our personal archives and have been involved every step of the way to bring you the complete story. No stone was left un-turned as we gear up to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the album’s release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i went from "jesus christ, meh" to "****, i need this" in 3 short paragraphs.

I wonder will there be any contribution from Jason in it.

I wonder will there be any contribution from Jason in it.

Ah there would have to be, he finished out the tour between Nov 86 - Feb 87. He does seem to be in hiding these days though.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Ah there would have to be, he finished out the tour between Nov 86 - Feb 87. He does seem to be in hiding these days though.

That's what I mean. His contribution is vital to it but he hasn't been seen or heard for in a while and I wonder would he have been up for doing interviews or whatever with the makers of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I can't imagine that Jason's recollection of that time would be anything other than grim. After all, the hazing began pretty much from the minute they arrived in Japan.

Advertisement