Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Man Cliff sounds awesome in this, lot of "New" but old clips popping up on the web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Man the picture and sound quality is amazing. I wonder will they give Seattle '89 the same treatment and release it with AJFA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,855 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jayus James was ugly back then :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When did fist waving stop being a thing at metal gigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is AJFA getting the remaster treatment?

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is AJFA getting the remaster treatment?

Apparently everything is, including St Anger.

Apparently everything is, including St Anger.

Hmmm, I'm waiting for Met store to send me regular KIA, RTL and AJFA on vinyl (since last year I might add!).

Wondering if I should cancel order, and hope they release KIA, RTL and AJFA as stand alone remasters...

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm waiting for Met store to send me regular KIA, RTL and AJFA on vinyl (since last year I might add!).

Wondering if I should cancel order, and hope they release KIA, RTL and AJFA as stand alone remasters...

Well KIA and RTL are currently being released as stand alone masters , puppets and justice are next according to Lars, he said that's why they want the public to send in photos from that time, the remasters are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So album #10 is "almost done" according to Lars, and they are remastering everything - hopefully they'll correct the original drum sound on St. Anger..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So album #10 is "almost done" according to Lars, and they are remastering everything - hopefully they'll correct the original drum sound on St. Anger..

I think they should leave the St. Anger drum sound alone, it's a snippet of where Metallica was in 2003 and whilst it's not easy to listen to its a moment in time that shouldn't be altered.

AJFA is different in that the recording won't be altered,just possibly the mix to bring the bass up,if they decide to do that. Personally I've come round to the sound and mix of AJFA and love it's unique sound and am hoping they don't change it.

• Advertisement

Songs aren't very good on St. Anger so even with a better sounding snare, it probably still won't be an album that you'd be in a rush to listen to on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    I think they should leave the St. Anger drum sound alone, it's a snippet of where Metallica was in 2003 and whilst it's not easy to listen to its a moment in time that shouldn't be altered.

AJFA is different in that the recording won't be altered,just possibly the mix to bring the bass up,if they decide to do that. Personally I've come round to the sound and mix of AJFA and love it's unique sound and am hoping they don't change it.

What does it matter if they do change it, it's hradly going to mean that all original versions will be erased

scudzilla wrote: »
    What does it matter if they do change it, it's hradly going to mean that all original versions will be erased

Is love if they got Jason to do the unboxing of AJFA, if crab boy does it, it's another kick in the face for Jason.

Is love if they got Jason to do the unboxing of AJFA, if crab boy does it, it's another kick in the face for Jason.

of course crab boy will do it, they don't give a shite about Jason now, much to my disgust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

True but there's already the audio/video of them playing it in their HQ with a regular snare sound so I don't see a reason to change the drum sound of the original.

of course crab boy will do it, they don't give a shite about Jason now, much to my disgust

I'm aa cliff man, I got into metallica in 1987, it took me a few years to accept Jason, but looking back, he was a band member. Rob is just a back seat driver, and he's James puppet for 25% of their annual salary, he's got it good. Suicidal tendencies didn't pay that type of money.

Well KIA and RTL are currently being released as stand alone masters , puppets and justice are next according to Lars, he said that's why they want the public to send in photos from that time, the remasters are coming.

I wouldn't be bothered with the boxsets, but I'd get them standalone if possible

I'm aa cliff man, I got into metallica in 1987, it took me a few years to accept Jason, but looking back, he was a band member. Rob is just a back seat driver, and he's James puppet for 25% of their annual salary, he's got it good. Suicidal tendencies didn't pay that type of money.

If Rob ever decided to leave the band, let's just say if he did once he played the next more than likely lengthy tour with the band once the new album comes out and he and didn't fancy being too stagnant once that tour finishes, he could leave and could draft Jason back in for the good of the music and the time Metallica decides to keep going, being that Jason has vanished off the face of the Earth for the last year or two.

If David Ellefson can bury the hatchet with Dave Mustaine and re-join Megdeth after being gone for 8 years, why can't Jason with being absent from Metallica for what was it 15 years? Wouldn't be much he'd have to catch up on song's wise if he did come back, they haven't been shelling out too many albums as of late.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    If Rob ever decided to leave the band, let's just say if he did once he played the next more than likely lengthy tour with the band once the new album comes out and he and didn't fancy being too stagnant once that tour finishes, he could leave and could draft Jason back in for the good of the music and the time Metallica decides to keep going, being that Jason has vanished off the face of the Earth for the last year or two.

If David Ellefson can bury the hatchet with Dave Mustaine and re-join Megdeth after being gone for 8 years, why can't Jason with being absent from Metallica for what was it 15 years? Wouldn't be much he'd have to catch up on song's wise if he did come back, they haven't been shelling out too many albums as of late.

Rob will never leave Metallica, and James will NEVER have Jason back, he still has sly digs at him interviews to this day so no that will never happen. James is why Jason removed himself from public life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,855 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rob will never leave Metallica, and James will NEVER have Jason back, he still has sly digs at him interviews to this day so no that will never happen. James is why Jason removed himself from public life.

If Metallica needed the cash they would do a special tour with Jason and rob switching bass duties and maybe Dave mustaine and Kirk switching lead guitar duties too.

With gnr reforming anything can happen in music

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If Metallica needed the cash they would do a special tour with Jason and rob switching bass duties and maybe Dave mustaine and Kirk switching lead guitar duties too.

With gnr reforming anything can happen in music

I don't think Jason would get on with Rob, and Dave dislikes Kirk, it's obvious with their body language on stage, same with James Jason and Rob.

It won't work, it was fine for the 30 year anniversary show and that even looked a bit tough on all of them.

All in all, James does seem to be a bit of a cnut

I hope that's not the album cover.

If they're releasing an album, I don't care if the cover is a picture of Lars' arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

It would be nice to see the kunts INDOORS next time they are here but there's more chance of the pope having a fanny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

it's not. When bands are in the studio, they'll have a list of the tracks and the instruments on the track, then "X" them off as they're complete.

Like this:
    7vovfNq.jpg

So they're teasing that they're either doing stuff in the studio, or that the album is now finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

If they're releasing an album, I don't care if the cover is a picture of Lars' arse.

Type O Negative have done that one already! :eek:

• Advertisement

Advertisement