Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carlo5

scudzilla wrote: »
    And around that time the band were on fire live, lucky enough to see them 3 times on the UK leg of the justice tour, something else

Definitely their best era live, as the Seattle '89 video demonstrates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

scudzilla wrote: »
    And around that time the band were on fire live, lucky enough to see them 3 times on the UK leg of the justice tour, something else

They very tight live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Jaysus, James is 53 today. A far cry from the angsty 18 year old he was when this all started.

449eaa8e43fdc6cfd0966a1dfa4c66dd.jpg

that image is creepy as fuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd say that the young James would be mighty pleased with how the older James turned out. Good friends, good music and good family. What more do you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭deeks

briany wrote: »
    I'd say that the young James would be mighty pleased with how the older James turned out. Good friends, good music and good family. What more do you want?

I'd say if young James heard any of the "Metallica family" crap that old James spouts these days he'd run a mile in the other direction!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

24 years ago since the Montreal show where James got burned & the eventual shenanigans that followed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭briany

Young Hetfield was angry and cocksure, though. James once mentioned that they would have balked, once, at the idea of playing with a symphony, too. The band has gone on to do things that perhaps the embryonic-early Metallica would have frowned upon, but at the end of the day I think the young Hetfield would be happier with the positives of older James than the few fairly shallow negatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Young Hetfield was angry and cocksure, though. James once mentioned that they would have balked, once, at the idea of playing with a symphony, too. The band has gone on to do things that perhaps the embryonic-early Metallica would have frowned upon, but at the end of the day I think the young Hetfield would be happier with the positives of older James than the few fairly shallow negatives.

Early 20s guy balks at what guy in 40s and 50s are doing shock!

"I'm never going to cut my hair, get a real job, or like, have kids maaaannn!"

Oh. Wait.....

Next week's show from Minneapolis is being live streamed next Thursday morning at 02:00
    We’re gearing up to step out of the studio and back onto the road next week and we can’t wait to be a part of opening weekend at the brand new U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. Thanks to you the show is sold out, but if you can’t be there in person we want to bring the music to you and we’ve teamed up with Pandora to do it! Next Saturday, August 20th our friends at Pandora will live stream the entire concert starting at approximately 9:00 PM local Central Time.

To celebrate the first rock concert at the brand new home of the Minnesota Vikings and the live stream, we only thought it would be fitting to give you a taste of what we’ve been listening to lately and have curated an exclusive mixtape featuring songs handpicked by all the members of the band. Tune in to Pandora.com/MetallicaLive to listen to a mix of favorites and new discoveries covering a number of different musical genres.

Log in to your Pandora account or create a new one for free if you live in the U.S., Australia or New Zealand. For those of you in the Metalli-family outside of those countries, we’ve tapped into the LiveMetallica.com team to bring you the live stream of the show. Come back here on August 20th and click here to listen.

See you next week in Minnesota!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

If I hear or read that "Metallica-family" boll0cks again, I'll scream!!!!

F@$!in' s***e!!!!!!

• Advertisement

If I hear or read that "Metallica-family" boll0cks again, I'll scream!!!!

F@$!in' s***e!!!!!!

Probably someone in the band's inner circle who came up with it, thinking it'd be a clever way to describe Metallica's fanbase.

When it's actually the opposite, it's bloody annoying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Probably someone in the band's inner circle who came up with it, thinking it'd be a clever way to describe Metallica's fanbase.

When it's actually the opposite, it's bloody annoying..

Whoever it was, they should hang their head in shame. Truly cringeworthy! :-(

Seeing as today marks the 25th anniversary of The Black Album being released.. A look back at The 1000 days that changed Metallica on the link below, quiet a lengthy read.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-12/metallica-and-justice-for-all-black-album-interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Seeing as today marks the 25th anniversary of The Black Album being released..

Jaysus, I'm old. I remember buying the cassette in Sound Cellar the morning it came out.

Next week's show from Minneapolis is being live streamed next Thursday morning at 02:00

Just correcting myself.. The show is actually on a Saturday night U.S Time/Sunday morning Irish time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just correcting myself.. The show is actually on a Saturday night U.S Time/Sunday morning Irish time.

Nice warm up to the mcgregor fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There's a poll on the website where fans can choose between 5 songs for them to play on Saturday. Lepper Messiah currently leads over the 4 Horsemen, Harvester of Sorrow, Ride the Lightning and Holier Than Thou.

I voted for HoS.

I would have preferred a poll for a song that we didn't want them to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Anyone think we will get a new song on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

There's a poll on the website where fans can choose between 5 songs for them to play on Saturday. Lepper Messiah currently leads over the 4 Horsemen, Harvester of Sorrow, Ride the Lightning and Holier Than Thou.

I voted for HoS.

I would have preferred a poll for a song that we didn't want them to play.

Lol! I kind of agree with you, though at the same time I've been feeling very nostalgic towards Metallica lately, maybe because they haven't played here in a good while. But it would be nice to have a set without Sandman, S&D, NEM. I know One is another staple, but I love it so much.

Also can we all agree that Disposable Heroes is definitely one of their best songs! I genuinely used to hate it until that video of them playing it live for the first time surfaced a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Jaysus, I'm old. I remember buying the cassette in Sound Cellar the morning it came out.

I'll see your Black Album, and raise you And Justice For All on vinyl, from the same shop (still have it as well).

Also, I noticed H&M are selling a Damage Inc design t shirt. I had the original one in the late 80s!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'll see your Black Album, and raise you And Justice For All on vinyl, from the same shop (still have it as well).

Also, I noticed H&M are selling a Damage Inc design t shirt. I had the original one in the late 80s!

reminds me of an interview I saw with Lemmy back in the early 00's, and he was asked "What do you think about the fact that it's now cool to wear a Motorhead t-shirt?"
    Lemmy: "It's always been cool to wear a Motorhead t-shirt"

reminds me of an interview I saw with Lemmy back in the early 00's, and he was asked "What do you think about the fact that it's now cool to wear a Motorhead t-shirt?"
    Lemmy: "It's always been cool to wear a Motorhead t-shirt"

The irony is, I'm tempted to buy it. The 80s one, while still in existence, is a little small now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's gas. Clothes that the chavs would have beaten you up for years ago (tight jeans, long hair, metal tshirts etc) is now deemed "mainstream"

seachto7 wrote: »
    It's gas. Clothes that the chavs would have beaten you up for years ago (tight jeans, long hair, metal tshirts etc) is now deemed "mainstream"

It's funny when skinny jeans came back in a while ago, I hadn't seen jeans that tight since thrashers wore them with white high tops and black leather jackets.

I recently saw a picture of some random indie band (name escapes me) and besides the white high tops they were wearing exactly the same clothes that, say, Testament would've worn in '88.

HORY SHET!!

Actually listening to a new song right now live on their facebook page. Not too shabby at all.

HORY SHET!!

Actually listening to a new song right now live on their facebook page. Not too shabby at all.

Pull the other one :P

Pull the other one :P

*pulls*

I do apologize, I thought you were joking.

I do apologize, I thought you were joking.

I would have thought I was joking too so no worries haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New album November 18th!!

Advertisement