Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Good song. Sounds like a mixture of the last two album sounds. That f&@kin SNARE is too loud though IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

lord lucan wrote: »
    New album November 18th!!

It's a double album..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's a double album..

Are we gonna get long-ass songs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Are we gonna get long-ass songs??

80 minutes, 12 songs so with a couple of short 3-4 ones like this, you'll probably get a few 8-10 minuters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Beaten to it, just saw an interview Lars did with a radio station then came on here to see there was a video and all....Awesome!

Sounds pretty good, can see the moshing to it already next concert.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Beaten to it, just saw an interview Lars did with a radio station then came on here to see there was a video and all....Awesome!

Sounds pretty good, can see the moshing to it already next concert.

Has the opening number feel too it..

I love the cover.

Early days videos to watch on Spotify over the coming days too (1st one up on YouTube already) so good day all round for Metallica fans!

I love the cover.

Early days videos to watch on Spotify over the coming days too (1st one up on YouTube already) so good day all round for Metallica fans!

Aye, the cover it's certainly different.. To quote Ice Cube, "today was a good day"

Wow 12 songs. I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Did james just swear on a track????

I like it :D:D

"**** out of luck"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I love the cover.

Spotify does videos now?

It sounds extremely similar to one of the singles from Death Magnetic, but I can't put my finger on which one!? The riff, I mean.

It sounds extremely similar to one of the singles from Death Magnetic, but I can't put my finger on which one!? The riff, I mean.

Would it be My Apocalypse?

Wow 12 songs. I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

i'd wait and see if the deluxe can be ordered from the EU, you could get hit by import tax otherwise

Would it be My Apocalypse?

No, one of the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Can't wait to illegally download this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

"So f**cked, Sh!t outta luck" pulling out all the stops lyrically anyway, track isn't great perhaps better will follow but after recent efforts I know not to have any expectation.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    i'd wait and see if the deluxe can be ordered from the EU, you could get hit by import tax otherwise

F**K! I didn't think of that I was too excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

**** out of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Like the riffs in it, don't like how loud the snare/drums are or the chorus but do enjoy it.

F**K! I didn't think of that I was too excited!

How much is it? Duty on a CD would be feck all if even anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

That's awesome! I freakin' love that. It sounds better, very tight, sort of sums up a lot of what Metallica is about.

Only thing is, I thought it would've great if they'd done an album of ten 3-minute songs - short, fast, powerful, thrashy... Though I'm am looking forward to what they've come up with to fill 2 CDs of music with...

I got caught for that before on Alice In Chains last album, it wasn't much but I remember on that day, the album was sent up to an An Post warehouse because I wasn't home, I arrive up and they tell me there was an import tax on it, and I had no money at all, had to turn my heels, walk 25 mins back to my house then come back up again for it, I was like a c**t over it. I paid 21 bucks for Metallica's new album, that should convert to about 18 euro or so.

Yes I'm old fashioned, and if I'm a fan of the band, I'll buy the album, no matter how loaded they are. I like to see it among the rest of their albums.

Mushy wrote: »
    Like the riffs in it, don't like how loud the snare/drums are or the chorus but do enjoy it.

Snare is WAAAAAAY too loud.

Note to Lars: Sort out your f@!*ing snare sound once and for all!!!??? It's either too tinny or too loud lol!!!!

And the complaints begin lol

It is a bit loud actually when you put earphones in. Lars man handling the mixing deck again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And the complaints begin lol

It is a bit loud actually when you put earphones in. Lars man handling the mixing deck again...

It seemed as if it was louder than the guitars, and it's never a nice sounding snare.

• Advertisement

i bought a t shirt from the metstore, think it was 25euro, paid 14euro import charge, 7 charge and 7 for anpost for collecting it :mad:

Advertisement