Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Destruction-All_Hell_Breaks_Loose-Frontal.jpg[/img]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've been to Marlay Park twice, and it is a mighty pain in the hole to get to, so hoping for something in the city centre. Id love another RDS show.

Not sure what to make of the song. The drums are not good at all. There sound like a cross between Death Magnetic, and that tinny St. Anger drum

any venue with seats will do me. Only ever saw Metallica in Marlay Park.

Marlay Park, Thomond Park or the new stadium in Cork and An outdoor Belfast date would be nice :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Song is average at best. Easily forgotten. Cheap strobe video, and that cover...dang! Not a hope of Ulrich being able to perform that simple double kick pattern live.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Leper Messiah will be on the set list for the Minneapolis gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

The song is way too generic from the riffs to the lyrics it is literally what thousands of Thrash bands have been churning out for years.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

schizo1014 wrote: »
    The song is way too generic from the riffs to the lyrics it is literally what thousands of Thrash bands have been churning out for years.

Yep it's hot good rhythm but it doesn't grab you by the cóck, rip it off then shove it into your eye ball socket, so that your sack is hanging off the end of your nostrils.

I hope this isn't the best song on the album. I didn't even get a semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I would imagine indoor in the Point or outdoor in Lansdowne would be the options, most likely outdoors.

I think Lansdowne was being redeveloped during the Marley Park run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,846 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

oh dont talk about that god awful marley park! if this isnt indoors, im off ta europe to see them. cant stand another outdoor gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I would imagine indoor in the Point or outdoor in Lansdowne would be the options, most likely outdoors.

Yeah it was being redeveloped from 2007-2010

Was it 2006 that the Eagles played lansdowne the same day as Metallica played the RDS ???. I'd say ballsbrisge and the surrounding areas were jam packed that day and the traffic must of been unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »

Was it 2006 that the Eagles played lansdowne the same day as Metallica played the RDS ???. I'd say ballsbrisge and the surrounding areas were jam packed that day and the traffic must of been unreal

I remember that now you mention it. I was staying in Newbridge Avenue, just round the corner from Lansdowne and it took me ages to make it by the dart station after 'Tallica had finished

Skip to 17:40 for the start.
    Creeping death
    For whom the Bell tolls
    Fuel
    King Nothing
    The memory remains
    The Unforgiven
    Leper Messiah
    Welcome Home Sanitarium
    Sad but true
    Wherever I may Roam
    One
    Master Of Puppets
    Battery
    Fade to black
    Seek and Derstroy
    Hardwired
    Whiskey in the Jar
    Nothing else Matters
    Enter Sandman

Trailer for the new album with snippets of new music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lithium93_ wrote: »

All that does is remind us how epic those first four albums were. :D

Seriously though I'm quite looking forward to it. Enjoyed Death Magnetic a lot more than I thought I would. Certainly their strongest release in many a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Where's the snippets of the new music in that clip??? Confused much....?

Where's the snippets of the new music in that clip??? Confused much....?

Alright snippets of new music may have been stretching it, a 20 second tease of a new song from the 2 minute mark to 2:20..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Skip to 17:40 for the start.

Hardwired sounds amazing, check this out, they still got it live anyway. Also I'll point out, Kirk started painting his nails again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Hardwired sounds amazing, check this out, they still got it live anyway. Also I'll point out, Kirk started painting his nails again...

Sounds good live but can't say it's amazing it's pretty much Metallica's "Second To None" (Destruction) came up with decent music the lyrics highly questionable. Sorry bout the comparison did post earlier bout their new album cover being very alike the All Hell Breaks Loose cover too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Hardwired sounds amazing, check this out, they still got it live anyway. Also I'll point out, Kirk started painting his nails again....

The lyrics in the chorus are lame as ****.

Why the **** is a 50 something year old man painting his fingernails!!?? FFS.

zcorpian88 wrote:

Catchy song, woke up this morning with it in me head. Ah kirks listening to his wife's advice too much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

He has long hair, and plays guitar in a metal band, and his fingernails are what stands out for you??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ozzy jr wrote: »

Ahh I remember that day well. I was only 16 and it was my first time seeing Metallica. And even better they played MOP live in full. Satisfied with my first Metallica live experience I walked home past Lansdowne Stadium and sat outside for a while listening to the Eagles. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I don't get this. It's hardly like the bloke was a middle-aged plumber then joined Metallica. He's been in a metal band his whole life, plays guitar for a living, surfs in his spare time, lives on a ranch, so he's hardly your average Joe.

Was it Lemmy who said "I don't want my rock stars to look like the fella next door"?

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I don't get this. It's hardly like the bloke was a middle-aged plumber then joined Metallica. He's been in a metal band his whole life, plays guitar for a living, surfs in his spare time, lives on a ranch, so he's hardly your average Joe.

Was it Lemmy who said "I don't want my rock stars to look like the fella next door"?

It was indeed Lemmy, and you were kinda right with the quote, here's what he actually said
    If you're going to be a ****ing rock star go be one. People don't want to see the guy next door on stage; they want to see a being from another planet. You want to see somebody you'd never meet in ordinary life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If we're gonna laugh at Kirk, surely it should be because of his hair implants as opposed to his painted nails?

At least Lars went bald gracefully...!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

If we're gonna laugh at Kirk, surely it should be because of his hair implants as opposed to his painted nails?

Kirk definitely looked his best during the Load / short hair era, like a cross between Finley Quaye and Dave Navarro. Saying that, he's rocking the grey locks quite well now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lars has never done anything gracefully in his puff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Listened to the new song a few times, I'm starting to like it. Solid, If there was a slow track like one, I mean melodic, I think it would sell well.

Listened to the new song a few times, I'm starting to like it. Solid, If there was a slow track like one, I mean melodic, I think it would sell well.

they ll sell a few million, i wouldnt worry about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It was indeed Lemmy, and you were kinda right with the quote, here's what he actually said

Hardwired doesn't do it for me I'm afraid,and as someone else said the lyrics are lame as ****

Advertisement