Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Have a feeling one song on the album has something to do with Lemmy.

Song called "Murder One"

Murder One is written on Lemmy's amps that he'd been using for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's a solid song but I agree about the lyrics being sloppy, especially in that chorus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭briany

If we're gonna laugh at Kirk, surely it should be because of his hair implants as opposed to his painted nails?

At least Lars went bald gracefully...!!!!

We gave Kirk sh*t for cutting his hair back in the 90s (along with the rest of the lads) and we give him sh*t because he's gone that extra mile to keep it? :pac:

briany wrote: »
    We gave Kirk sh*t for cutting his hair back in the 90s (along with the rest of the lads) and we give him sh*t because he's gone that extra mile to keep it? :pac:

Heard nothing about hair implants when it comes to Kirk, but I read in a magazine a few years ago that and he said he'd been using Rogaine since the early 90s and said if he hadn't discovered it he'd look like Michael Stipe by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyway, enough of hair and nail polish (never thought I'd write that in a Metallica thread). Here's a nice video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

395264.PNGDid anyone notice the ESP"eet fcuk" explorer hanging on the wall?

395266.PNG

Good article about this guitar too, I didn't realise James still uses it to record and was used on DM

http://www.guitarscollector.com/1987---esp-mx-220--eet-fuk-.html

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Alright snippets of new music may have been stretching it, a 20 second tease of a new song from the 2 minute mark to 2:20..

Apparently that snippet is from 'Moth Into Flame'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

LOL at Kirk playing through 3 wahs around the 7:40 mark! :D

also nice to see him playing through Peter Green's LP

Anyway, enough of hair and nail polish (never thought I'd write that in a Metallica thread). Here's a nice video

At 6:00, Hetfield sounds like the guy in that old Monster Mash song lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

God this song is poor from Metallica, boring as ****.

See post #5834 for more info, did you notice the ESP MX 220's on the wall, there is the "more Beer" guitar, the "So fcuking what" guitar and the famous "MX220II EET FUK", and in the hard wired video James is playing a battered Electra Flying V from the kill em all days.

They put this stuff up on purpose to see would anyone notice. :pac: I fcuking noticed.

395318.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Jesus those lyrics are like something a teenage garage band would write.

Think its hard to replicate the genuine energy and passion in the early Metallica songs.

They'll always be the band that got me into music, but this does nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

See post #5834 for more info, did you notice the ESP MX 220's on the wall, there is the "more Beer" guitar, the "So fcuking what" guitar and the famous "MX220II EET FUK", and in the hard wired video James is playing a battered Electra Flying V from the kill em all days.

They put this stuff up on purpose to see would anyone notice. :pac: I fcuking noticed.

395318.PNG

Is it not his new ESP Vulture signature he is playing in Hardwired? Kirk is playing the classic V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Jesus those lyrics are like something a teenage garage band would write.

Think its hard to replicate the genuine energy and passion in the early Metallica songs.

They'll always be the band that got me into music, but this does nothing for me.

No, a garage band would do better

No, a garage band would do better

If only he had mentioned that he was a table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If only he had mentioned that he was a table.

I was under the impression there was an unspoken pact between Metallica fans to pretend all that never happened :mad:

True. Sorry about that.

Is it not his new ESP Vulture signature he is playing in Hardwired? Kirk is playing the classic V

James used the EET FUK on the solo for suicide and redemtion on DM

395407.PNG

Kill EM All flying V, it's battered beyond belief, look back at the video, it's like something he pulled out of the trash. This is the Seek and Destroy guitar.

395408.PNG

Here is the MX200II, form the justice tour, same guitar that is above on DM. Originals of these from ESP sold for 10k.

395419.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I think they release those 'making of' videos just to let everyone know that they don't fight like cats and dogs anymore. Has anyone ever sat through Making Magnetic in its entirety? Tedious as fukk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I think they release those 'making of' videos just to let everyone know that they don't fight like cats and dogs anymore. Has anyone ever sat through Making Magnetic in its entirety? Tedious as fukk.

I did and I enjoyed it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jason has been interviewed, says he may be collaborating with the band, hoping he's not just clutching at straws here, he still doesn't sseem to be able to let go

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jason-newsted-metallica-2016/

They're certainly liking YouTube in the run up to this album release anyway. Making of the video this time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Two and one

I suppose we can't expect much considering their age, the amount of money they have, they are now family men etc etc but from what I've heard I don't really rate their new stuff. Maybe a few more listens might help and they could have some good stuff on the album. The main problem for me is Hetfields vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zcorpian88 wrote: »

I'm happy with this...

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm happy with this...

I love the heavy/thrashy stuff as much as anyone else, but without a ballad of some sort gives a lot of people an excuse to pan it.

Look how a lot of people reacted to St.Anger, no ballad on that...and no solos. The latter being blasphemy for a Metallica fan ha.

The lack of a ballad doesn't sit well with me, I'll probably like the album regardless but it'll be the very thing everyone will complain about once the whole album has been listened to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The start of hardwired sounds good but the Lyrics are really bad. It's sad to say but when James was drinking himself into oblivion he was coming out with better stuff. St Anger's lyrics were fairly poor too IMO.

Considering "the day that never comes" was the first release on DM and it was shíte, I have hope for this album,, if hardwired is the worst song on the album, we're in for a surprise.

• Advertisement

What I like about the 'no ballad on the album' is that they didn't try and shoehorn one in. They obviously just went for the 12 best songs they had and any ballad idea they had didn't make the cut.

I like their ballad type songs though

Advertisement