Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Yeah right! More like end of next year, something was said that Europe will be a no go until the end of next year, I see two shows in 3 arena on the cards, you'll have to be quick to get tickets for the first show I'd reckon.

I'd be very surprised to see a show here this year, this is just a once off I'd say. Didn't they do a special show in London for the release of Death Magnetic too sure?

they did a fan club gig in the O2 in London for the Death Magnetic release, tickets were £5 eek.png
    i posted a few pics a while back.
    Quite the gig followed by quite the hangover
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...4&postcount=23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Moth to Flame is a cracking tune.

tis

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lars on what the battle with Napster taught him..

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/lars-ulrich-on-metallicas-darkest-times-napster-battle-w448546

And ESPN used Here Comes Revenge in a promo..

https://streamable.com/vv9t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I just spotted on HMV Ireland's website that the album will be out here on Monday....? Is that correct, or are we getting it on Friday like everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say that's a mistake on HMV Ireland's part.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Aww man, I'd love to get my hands on it early, I ordered the Special Edition copy on their website so I won't get it till release day, I can download it upon release and will get a physical copy, because I have every other album (except Lulu...yuck)

Check this out, a track by track guide to the album, looks like "Now That We're Dead" and "Spit Out The Bone" are the two other great songs on the album, the latter getting the best looking review off the whole album.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-11-10/the-track-by-track-guide-to-metallica-hardwired-to-self-destruct

Just got a message off my cousin who works in Tower Records. He thinks it's out next Friday....? He'll let me know when he gets into work.

I'll keep ye posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just got a message off my cousin who works in Tower Records. He thinks it's out next Friday....? He'll let me know when he gets into work.

I'll keep ye posted.

it is out next Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

assume it will be on spotify first thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

It's gonna be on Spotify immediately. I'll listen to it then and I'll buy it afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sorry if discussed already but I just read that all the tracks are written by James/Lars (bar one where Rob gets a credit too).

Is that deliberate by James & Lars or did the other two just not come up with anything. I know Kirk lost a cassette or something with a load of his ideas but that was a few years ago wasn't it?

Sorry if discussed already but I just read that all the tracks are written by James/Lars (bar one where Rob gets a credit too).

Is that deliberate by James & Lars or did the other two just not come up with anything. I know Kirk lost a cassette or something with a load of his ideas but that was a few years ago wasn't it?

Kirk had 200 plus riffs on an iPhone that was stolen on him.

rob316 wrote: »
    it is out next Friday

Lol my mistake. I meant I thought it usually comes out here a couple of days before the UK....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

So much for the everyone being equel they harped on about in SKOM:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I think the whole Kirk lost his phone thing is a lie and they wanted to go back to the old songwriting method of James/Lars.

I think the whole Kirk lost his phone thing is a lie and they wanted to go back to the old songwriting method of James/Lars.

Yeah this is the way it will go

Say they sell the album with an average of $18.00 (I know different formats are different prices)

Say they sell 5 million copies

James will get 3.1 million 35%
    Lars will get 3.1 million 35%
    Kirk I think gets 20% 1.8 million
    I think Rob gets 900 grand (10%)

The money is made on the tour that follows, which generates huge money. Kirk even said there's no money in making records anymore. I remember reading something like this a few years back.

Yeah this is the way it will go

Say they sell the album with an average of $18.00 (I know different formats are different prices)

Say they sell 5 million copies

James will get 3.1 million 35%
    Lars will get 3.1 million 35%
    Kirk I think gets 20% 1.8 million
    I think Rob gets 900 grand (10%)

The money is made on the tour that follows, which generates huge money. Kirk even said there's no money in making records anymore. I remember reading something like this a few years back.

I think it was also in a scene in SKOM?

I think it was also in a scene in SKOM?

Didn't Rob get a bit pissed about the movie, because he lost money on it? But loved it all the same.

Didn't Rob get a bit pissed about the movie, because he lost money on it? But loved it all the same.

No idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

An underrated song from a very underrated album imo, and boy does it sound great acoustic:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Album leaked today,given it one listen so far and it's very very good. A whole heap of sounds on it,from fast and aggressive to Load style grooving and everything else in between. Looking forward to listening to it plenty times more and picking out the intricacies.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Album leaked today,given it one listen so far and it's very very good. A whole heap of sounds on it,from fast and aggressive to Load style grooving and everything else in between. Looking forward to listening to it plenty times more and picking out the intricacies.

Where do I find it??

Wooo, I got the album :)

Don't worry, Lars will still get paid, I pre-ordered it two months ago.

Dream No More sounds like something off Load, but I still like it.

Wooo, I got the album :)

Don't worry, Lars will still get paid, I pre-ordered it two months ago.

I think these days, leaks don't affect sales. Anyone who was planning to buy the album will still buy it even if they download the leak.

I think these days, leaks don't affect sales. Anyone who was planning to buy the album will still buy it even if they download the leak.

Well I think the die hard fans will buy the album, the fans that like to have a physical copy of the record to add to the rest of the records, I'll keep their merch staff and record shops in business, call me old fashioned but I find that just downloading it isn't as good as physically owning an album, suppose I ruined the wait for myself, and don't have the anticipation of ripping open the packaging but it's been 8 years, was dying to hear it, couldn't sit here knowing tons of people are hearing it.

Currently just finished "Confusion"....."ManUNkind" is starting....interesting...

Well I think the die hard fans will buy the album, the fans that like to have a physical copy of the record to add to the rest of the records, I'll keep their merch staff and record shops in business, call me old fashioned but I find that just downloading it isn't as good as physically owning an album, suppose I ruined the wait for myself, and don't have the anticipation of ripping open the packaging but it's been 8 years, was dying to hear it, couldn't sit here knowing tons of people are hearing it.

Currently just finished "Confusion"....."ManUNkind" is starting....interesting...

I'm the same, I like having the wall of CDs. Same with books. Probably an age thing.

I'm the same, I like having the wall of CDs. Same with books. Probably an age thing.

Yeah, nothing beats having a book in your hand, the smell of paper, can't beat it. Yeah love being able to see my music in front of me, and people admiring all the albums if I have friends over, same with DVD's.

Ok I'm onto the last song, the one I've been wanting to hear most, I paused it at the beginning, just to write you back, this "Spit out the Bone" song is meant to be the best one on the album, I like it very much, wasn't expecting it to blow my socks off me, but it's a pretty good effort.

Now...onto the song, I'll be back momentarily...

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ!! Spit Out The Bone is f**king fantastic, sounds a little "Black album" vocally, I can see it ruining what's left of James's voice if they do that one live.

Very thrashy and a bitching solo at the end I thought, best song on the album for sure.

Advertisement