Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The start to Manunkind reminds me of Lulu...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Where did it leak lads?

Well.......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Got it. So far so.... Class. Hetfield's voice is brilliant on some of the tracks. Its just a shame Kirk didn't lose his wah pedal instead of his iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just had two listens. I don't know to be honest. It starts off great but during the second half of it I started to lose a bit of interest and thought the quality dropped off a good bit. It probably could have done with been about 15-20 minutes shorter. That Lemmy song is awful.

Hopefully the songs on disc 2 will grow on me.

• Advertisement

Can someone send me the link?

Can someone send me the link?

I just googled 'hardwired to self destruct leak' and loads of links come up. Pick the one that looks the least dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm gonna wait til Friday to buy it, what's another 6 days waiting.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm gonna wait til Friday to buy it, what's another 6 days waiting.

My cousin is going to post it(the cd)to me when it comes out - he works in Tower Records

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

The Lemmy song was a bit corny, but I guess he was their idol, at least there wasn't an "Un4given" track on it!

Sent you the link Mental Mickey, check your inbox

• Advertisement

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    The Lemmy song was a bit corny, but I guess he was their idol, at least there wasn't an "Un4given" track on it!

Sent you the link Mental Mickey, check your inbox

Thanks. Trying to open it, but keep getting redirected to other sites.......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Whoooooo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Whoooooo

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Having a cheeky listen now :D.

???

Only found out it leaked

Listening to it now

Please god they play indoors here next autumn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Folks, asking for torrent links or telling others where to go for them is not allowed, so less of that please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Christ lads I'm just finishing disk one. This album is class, especially that Halo On Fire song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only found out it leaked

Listening to it now

Please god they play indoors here next autumn

Didn't see mod comment, removed.

Will the rumoured Autumn 2017 euro tour be a big scale tour or just a few dates in big markets (UK, Germany, France,Spain etc)

We could possibly get a outdoor show in the summer of 2018 (id expect an outdoor euro leg on the world tour sometime down the line)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Last night I called it a very very good album,scratch that,its a belter. 10 of the 12 tracks are excellent and 2 are very good imo. Such a variety of styles that many will find different favourites on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just gave it a full listen there. Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭briany

Now That We're Dead has a good swagger to it. Like that drum overdub on it, 'padapadapadapadapdapadapadapadapap'.

briany wrote: »
    Now That We're Dead has a good swagger to it. Like that drum overdub on it, 'padapadapadapadapdapadapadapadapap'.

That's my favourite song at the moment. That and ManUNkind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Dream No More sounds kinda like something from Reload, like Slither, would like to hear that one live now.

Halo On Fire is probably the closest thing to a ballad on it, surprised there wasn't anything Fade to Black-ish or The Day That Never Comes-ish

ManUNkind I can imagine being really complex for Lars live, drumming is very all over the place tempo/timing wise, am I the only one that thinks that? I can just see Lars f**king it up a lot.

God I can imagine crowds losing their s**t if they ever play Spit Out The Bone, that could become a fan fave.

padapadapadapadapdapadapadapadapap

Wtf lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

first listen and im impressed. isnt too bad at all, got a little boring at times but good to see them still making albums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has anyone noticed that nearly every song has some form of nod to past material?

There are several songs that either have riffs, or variations of riffs from old songs in there. We know about the borrowed riff in the solo for Atlas, Rise, from Suicide & Redemption.

But there are another songs in there, and they either have a drum loop, guitar riff or variation of same. I'm not sure of the song names on the new Album yet, but there is one song starts almost the same as Leper Messiah for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The whole album feels like a homage to their past,and that's no bad thing. They've spent years trying to move form one direction to the next and almost ignore their previous output but it seems they may finally be comfortable with embracing their past.

Some of it is quite subtle but some is quite obvious,one song sounds very like Ronnie,there's an intro that's a lift of the Am I Evil intro etc. but it doesn't feel wrong either.

lord lucan wrote: »
    The whole album feels like a homage to their past,and that's no bad thing. They've spent years trying to move form one direction to the next and almost ignore their previous output but it seems they may finally be comfortable with embracing their past.

Some of it is quite subtle but some is quite obvious,one song sounds very like Ronnie,there's an intro that's a lift of the Am I Evil intro etc. but it doesn't feel wrong either.

About 40 seconds into Halo On Fire I thought they were going to burst into Remember Tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Dream No More sounds like something off Load, but I still like it.

I've grown to like Load. Not going to check for leaks, but will buy this \m/

Along with the Soungarden remasters and FNM "Album of The Year" on vinyl.

I'll be cleaned out!

Advertisement