Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

gerrybbadd wrote: »

There are several songs that either have riffs, or variations of riffs from old songs in there. We know about the borrowed riff in the solo for Atlas, Rise, from Suicide & Redemption.

Wha? Which riff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's a solid album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wha? Which riff?

It's in the solo of Atlas, Rise.

I can't explain to you how a Riff sounds, but it is lifted straight from Suicide & Redemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

It's in the solo of Atlas, Rise.

I can't explain to you how a Riff sounds, but it is lifted straight from Suicide & Redemption

Just had a listen. I get what you mean now., There's part of the solo that soulds like part of the solo in S&R and one of the riffs during the solo sounds like one of the chorus riffs in S&R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just had a listen. I get what you mean now., There's part of the solo that soulds like part of the solo in S&R and one of the riffs during the solo sounds like one of the chorus riffs in S&R.

That's the stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

That's the stuff!

I noticed Kirk got absolutely no credits on this album, shurley he wrote the leads and solos?, punishment for losing the iPhone in Copenhagen?, read that on a site earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I noticed Kirk got absolutely no credits on this album, shurley he wrote the leads and solos?, punishment for losing the iPhone in Copenhagen?, read that on a site earlier.

****e id imagine. all members get equal credits and equal pay for that matter since the angry days

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ****e id imagine. all members get equal credits and equal pay for that matter since the angry days

Not anymore, Rob complained that he was in the red after the movie, it didn't effect James and Lars, Kirk has plenty anyway, just wondering because James and Lars didn't write his solos, so..........where are the credits? Explain that one to me:)

It's normally Hetfield, Hammet, Ulrich and had been for 30 year's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It probably is for gigs, merchandise and for the actual album sales but the royalties from publishing go to the writers of the songs so Lars and James (and Rob for his one credit) will get the spoils from that.

I doubt he's being punished though, just unfortunate* for him that his input wasn't used on the album.

* unfortunate's probably too strong a word. He's not going to be poor!

Not anymore, Rob complained that he was in the red after the movie, it didn't effect James and Lars, Kirk has plenty anyway, just wondering because James and Lars didn't write his solos, so..........where are the credits? Explain that one to me:)

illuminati bastards:D

where can i read about rob complaining etc? thanks

• Advertisement

It's normally Hetfield, Hammet, Ulrich and had been for 30 year's

Solos don't count as writing part of the song, neither would coming up with the bass or drum parts. Lars earns his credits from the arrangements.

illuminati bastards:D

where can i read about rob complaining etc? thanks

Google my friend, Rob loosing money.

Google my friend, Rob loosing money.

oh tell me more, tell me more

Solos don't count as writing part of the song, neither would coming up with the bass or drum parts. Lars earns his credits from the arrangements.

Sorry but that is total bôllocks, Kirk got equal credits on the first 6 albums I think. MOP, his solos were legendary, do you expect me to believe that he didn't get credit for that?

i think thats some ****e way of running a band, all members should get equal pay. hard to argue with a chap not pulling his weight if hes getting less than others. seen it wreck a few bands

Sorry but that is total bôllocks, Kirk got equal credits on the first 6 albums I think. MOP, his solos were legendary, do you expect me to believe that he didn't get credit for that?

fairly sure he wasnt getting as much as hetfield and ulrich until it was disclosed in some kind of monster. hes worth roughly half as much as them as well

i think thats some ****e way of running a band, all members should get equal pay. hard to argue with a chap not pulling his weight if hes getting less than others. seen it wreck a few bands

Ha slayer for one 60K Lombardo made after a 12 month tour, Kerry and beardy face made 500k, that's why he left.

He didn't. He might have gotten equal credits for album sales but look at the writers on the songs and you'll see where Kirk had an input. For example, Battery is just Hetfield/Ulrich and there's a great solo in that. Kirk gets 0 of the writer's royalties for that song.

EDIT - They don't put in who writes the song on album covers for a laugh. They're there for a reason. Some bands even have different publishers for each of the band members. Look at the credits for a Soundgarden album for example. I know CC writes most of their stuff but look at the publishers for songs with other involvement.

Ha slayer for one 60K Lombardo made after a 12 month tour, Kerry and beardy face made 500k, that's why he left.

he was right to leave as well, that was fcuking disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Can someone here please send me the link ???

• Advertisement

People need to differentiate between 'splitting the pie equally' for being in the band together and the revenue that comes with that and the revenue that comes with writing the songs.

fairly sure he wasnt getting as much as hetfield and ulrich until it was disclosed in some kind of monster. hes worth roughly half as much as them as well

Well not according to the credits......as far as I remember reading it's 35, 35, 20, 10 starting with James and Lars and ending with Rob. Probably different percentage on tour. It explains why James and Lars both are worth $200 milllion and Kirk is worth 80 million. Rob has 14 million last time I looked, Jason made 40 million for 14 year's work.

People need to differentiate between 'splitting the pie equally' for being in the band together and the revenue that comes with that and the revenue that comes with writing the songs.

any idea what way royalties are split etc? they gave very little away in scom

wally1990 wrote: »

tis available on the interwebs, after that we cant really talk about it much further im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

wally1990 wrote: »

it still amazes me how people are too stupid, too lazy, or both, to find stuff themselves

any idea what way royalties are split etc? they gave very little away in scom

I haven't a clue.

Just a guess but I'd imagine it's something like 50% of whatever they get from an album sale goes to the 4 of them equally and the other 50% goes to the writers of the song.

Bear in mind that they probably only get about 15-20% of the sale price to start with and have to pay their managers and other costs out of their piece of the pie too.

scudzilla wrote: »
    it still amazes me how people are too stupid, too lazy, or both, to find stuff themselves

ah in all fairness, some people just dont know how to do these things

I haven't a clue.

Just a guess but I'd imagine it's something like 50% of whatever they get from an album sale goes to the 4 of them equally and the other 50% goes to the writers of the song.

Bear in mind that they probably only get about 15-20% of the sale price to start with and have to pay their managers and other costs out of their piece of the pie too.

love to see the contracts, id say theres some juicy stuff in them

Well not according to the credits......as far as I remember reading it's 35, 35, 20, 10 starting with James and Lars and ending with Rob. Probably different percentage on tour. It explains why James and Lars both are worth $200 milllion and Kirk is worth 80 million. Rob has 14 million last time I looked, Jason made 40 million for 14 year's work.

That's probably the percentages from revenue from album sales, touring, merchandise etc. As I said above, publishing revenue goes to the writers of the songs.

• Advertisement

he was right to leave as well, that was fcuking disgraceful

He played a belter, when he had to fill in for Lars live.

Advertisement