Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He played a belter, when he had to fill in for Lars live.

wiped the floor with ulrich. some drummer. was lucky to catch him playing with fantomas in brisbane few years ago. mother of divine what a drummer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

That's probably the percentages from revenue from album sales, touring, merchandise etc. As I said above, publishing revenue goes to the writers of the songs.

So nothing has changed, the two boyos still have their financial heads screwed on :) fair play to them, they are one of the best heavy metal bands that in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

scudzilla wrote: »
    wally1990 wrote: »
    Can someone here please send me the link ???

it still amazes me how people are too stupid, too lazy, or both, to find stuff themselves

Thanks , well I have tried YouTube and the links provided aren't downloading , tried Reddit and the files are removed my zippyshare, the FB has been removed , but thanks for jumping to conclusions that I haven't tried before posting here to request the correct one

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    wiped the floor with ulrich. some drummer. was lucky to catch him playing with fantomas in brisbane few years ago. mother of divine what a drummer

And cliff was planning to sack Lars and recruit Dave, Lars is a lucky boy in a terrible way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thanks , well I have tried YouTube and the links provided aren't downloading , tried Reddit and the files are removed my zippyshare, the FB has been removed , but thanks for jumping to conclusions that I haven't tried before posting here to request the correct one

There's a mod instruction a couple of pages back that asks for people not to request or link to illegal downloads or torrents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So nothing has changed, the two boyos still have their financial heads screwed on :) fair play to them, they are one of the best heavy metal bands that in the world.

It's not just them. Most bands that don't write as a group are probably the same. Although, that leads us to the question - were Kirk and Rob left out of the songwriting on this album deliberately? Because they both got writing credits on DM so were probably involved then (unless Lars and James were just being charitable).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Here's an idea, ya know you could wait til Friday instead of going the torrent route.

It's not just them. Most bands that don't write as a group are probably the same. Although, that leads us to the question - were Kirk and Rob left out of the songwriting on this album deliberately? Because they both got writing credits on DM so were probably involved then (unless Lars and James were just being charitable).

Recoup of $20,000,000 lost on through the never? James and Lars put the most money into it

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Here's an idea, ya know you could wait til Friday instead of going the torrent route.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vO8F4fYQd39h6/giphy.gif

Recoup of $20,000,000 lost on through the never? James and Lars put the most money into it

Is that what they lost..??? Mad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is that what they lost..??? Mad stuff.

Yup, that's why Rob was giving out a few years ago, he was in the Red after the movie, not as much as the guys but it still hurts he said at the time.

Edit: sorry they lost 30 million.

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/metallica-rationalize-why-through-the-never-was-a-box-office-bomb

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sad but true unfortunately.

I still haven't heard any of it, buying it Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just downloaded it there, only just started listening, just wanted to say the production on this is ridiculously good.

I'll report with a full review.:D

rob316 wrote: »
    Just downloaded it there, only just started listening, just wanted to say the production on this is ridiculously good.

I'll report with a full review.:D

Bástard, I've been trying since the weekend with no luck

Bástard, I've been trying since the weekend with no luck

Lol

Hetfield sounds bloody amazing!

So much better than death magnetic so far!

Lads this is pretty damn good, Dream No More is unreal.

The London gig on Friday is being streamed live. Starts at 9pm.

https://metallica.com/blog/news/435822/can-t-be-in-london-watch-it-live-at-home

• Advertisement

www.metallicabb.com is going ape**** over this album!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

It's a cracker, loved it the minute I got a hold of it Saturday night,

Wasn't expecting it to be that good, better than DM, Load and Reload, St. Anger combined.

I like all their work but damn, production is very good, Hetfield's vocals are great, Kirk is great, lots of "Kirkness" on it, even if folks hate the use of the wah pedal, Rob even got more of a role in co-writing ManUNkind like the little doodle at the beginning and he even got a little doodle on Spit Out The Bone. Lars sounds great, he takes advantage of that kit of his alright, even when people say he's a shyte drummer. At the end of the day you can't get rid of Lars, he's the right drummer for them. Couldn't imagine the band without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I know I've taken a jaded approach to this album up until now, but sweet jesus I take it all back. Absolutely incredible!!!

I know I've taken a jaded approach to this album up until now, but sweet jesus I take it all back. Absolutely incredible!!!

its growing on me, ive learned to downplay my expectations from them over the years, theyre long past their best but can still crank out some crackers. been listening to them for almost 30 years now and im still enjoying their music. im just glad theyre still creating music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

its growing on me, ive learned to downplay my expectations from them over the years, theyre long past their best but can still crank out some crackers. been listening to them for almost 30 years now and im still enjoying their music. im just glad theyre still creating music

I know what you mean. I think after all the hype before DM I was left feeling let down, it just felt like it didn't deliver and was very samey and unambitious. so for this I took the opposite approach, and so have been pleasantly surprised as a result.

I know what you mean. I think after all the hype before I was left feeling very let down, so for this I took the opposite approach, and so have been pleasantly surprised as a result.

i personally think fans expect too much, these guys are in their 50's, theyve been through all sorts of major life changing experiences. theyve been there and done it. they really dont owe anybody anything. they are perfectly entitled to do whatever they want, and its ok for you not to like it. if you dont like them anymore, move on! we as fans need to respect them and their choices. some fans come across as they owe us this that and the other thing, they dont, get over yourself! yes we all know their first 4/5 albums were ground breaking, but its time for the world, metallica and music fans to move on. just be glad they're still here.

i personally think fans expect too much, these guys are in their 50's, theyve been through all sorts of major life changing experiences. theyve been there and done it. they really dont owe anybody anything. they are perfectly entitled to do whatever they want, and its ok for you not to like it. if you dont like them anymore, move on! we as fans need to respect them and their choices. some fans come across as they owe us this that and the other thing, they dont, get over yourself! yes we all know their first 4/5 albums were ground breaking, but its time for the world, metallica and music fans to move on. just be glad they're still here.

I'd say that Jason is crying somewhere now.

I'd say that Jason is crying somewhere now.

im sure jason is just fine, even though he did go through a difficult period the last couple of years with his mother dying, but he seems very happy with his chop house band and i wish him all the best with it. neither of us know jason personally, so neither of us know how hes really feeling.

whats the latest on kirk not getting writing credits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

whats the latest on kirk not getting writing credits?

It's been discussed at length in the previous pages.

His contributions weren't taken on board. That's about it really

Advertisement