Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Those last two are ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

ush wrote: »
    Those last two are ****e.

Try spit out the bone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

This is me right now listening to all these new tracks and vids...Love it:D

excited-baby.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

rob316 wrote: »
    Jesus, do people ever stop comparing their work to the first 4/5. They will never top it, ever, take each album on its own merit. The new album is much better than St Anger and Death Magnetic, so for me a step in the right direction.

I thought you were taking each album on its own merit? :D

On its own merit it would deserve as much attention as every other pension scheme album that an 80s thrash metal act has released

It's all about the magic name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone miss the livestream they did this afternoon? Worry not..

skip to 01:02:00 to watch the interview directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

what sites are recommended to buy cds these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

....and another one, odd video lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

they don't do a video for years then we get a whole albums worth in a week or so

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    they don't do a video for years then we get a whole albums worth in a week or so

Must be putting fierce money into it, normally acts do videos for like the songs that are singles. I thought the band would be careful with their cash nowadays since the Orion Festival and the Through The Never movie were financial disasters.

They'll make it all back touring anyway I suppose...

And another vid for you, I'll keep putting them up until I drop, I'm the only one still awake probably ha

There is lads online counting down the hours till Spit Out The Bone, won't be up for another 4 hours...still have Murder One, Halo On Fire and Lords of Summer to go, they even did one for that! Went all out on videos.

And of course a new version of a classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I dunno. All kind of underwhelming so far.... :(

Not crap by any means, but I dunno.....

The one everybody's been waiting for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Regret looking at those videos. I understand why the band and their management have decided to release videos for all the tracks on youtube. I've ruined the listening experience for myself. I get it that youtube is probably how most people listen to music now. But ironic hipster videos isn't Metallica.

Final one for Lords of Summer. Straight up live footage mix. Weakest song on the album IMHO.

ush wrote: »
    Regret looking at those videos. I understand why the band and their management have decided to release videos for all the tracks on youtube. I've ruined the listening experience for myself. I get it that youtube is probably how most people listen to music now. But ironic hipster videos isn't Metallica.

I think the spit out the bone video is excellent and suits the song perfectly.Same with Moth into flame.

Weakest song on the album IMHO.

Yeah but it was only baby steps to what they have achieved now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

I think the spit out the bone video is excellent and suits the song perfectly.Same with Moth into flame.

And then there is the hilarity of ManUNkind featuring spurious 1990 era Mayhem :eek: Dead & Euronymous would surely turn in their graves:rolleyes:

Gave the album a few more spins and it's definitely listenable. My expectations were so low that I'm truly surprised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The ManUNkind video is brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I absolutely love the album! I just think top to bottom it is a return to serious form! some absolute belters on there that I would hope would become a mainstay ion their live sets for years to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Didn't expect to see a story about Metallica on the homepage of the Irish Times website but sure enough, there is one. All the videos are there too.

And an "exclusive, in depth interview" with Lars coming tomorrow.

Presumably Mayhem will sue them now for that:D

Lars will be "Who the fock is HellHawmmer dude?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Degag wrote: »
    Jesus, giving out about Lars' drumming was old 20 years ago. Get over it.

Exactly, we should really be talking about Kirk and his Wha Pedal. That's only like 10 years old now?

Anyway, god Halo on Fire is an enigma of a song. Great Riffs throughout but the some of the whole isn't as good as it's parts. That's down to Metallica's writing style of stitching random riffs together. Some awkward transitions throughout. Speaking of the Devil, I read Kirk giving out about that riff writing style somewhere this week and wanting to go back to more "live" writing.

I'd have liked more Spit out the bone style songs myslef but doesn't take away from it. It's a banger of an album, way better than DM IMO but they have tried to cram all the song types in they do and some songs have awkwardness to them. I'm really enjoying the songs so far.

Would have loved to see them sneak in a little riff from Call of Cthulhu into Dream no more but that's just me :)

The chorus of Am I Savage annoys the sh*te outta me though. All I hear is "Am I Evil Savage, Yes I Am"

Bambi wrote: »
    Presumably Mayhem will sue them now for that:D

Lars will be "Who the fock is HellHawmmer dude?"

Unlikely, as it's actually by the director of the Mayhem film and features the films stars!

The clip provides the exclusive first glimpse at characters from Åkerlund's upcoming film Lords of Chaos, which is currently in production, and stars the movie's Rory Culkin, Jack Kilmer and Sky Ferreira. Lords of Chaos, based on the book of the same name, will tell the story of Mayhem, the controversial Norwegian band that brought the black-metal subgenre to international notoriety.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-metallicas-black-metal-channeling-manunkind-video-w450796

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Unlikely, as it's actually by the director of the Mayhem film and features the films stars!

The clip provides the exclusive first glimpse at characters from Åkerlund's upcoming film Lords of Chaos, which is currently in production, and stars the movie's Rory Culkin, Jack Kilmer and Sky Ferreira. Lords of Chaos, based on the book of the same name, will tell the story of Mayhem, the controversial Norwegian band that brought the black-metal subgenre to international notoriety.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-metallicas-black-metal-channeling-manunkind-video-w450796

Yes but considering the opposition to the film by the members of second wave scene, I wouldn't be surprised if this caused some what of a ruckus.

How hilarious would the film be if they had to use modern mainstream metal instead of black metal in it :pac:

millington wrote: »
    Yes but considering the opposition to the film by the members of second wave scene, I wouldn't be surprised if this caused some what of a ruckus.

How hilarious would the film be if they had to use modern mainstream metal instead of black metal in it :pac:

90s nu metal would be perfect

See if it can convince poor oul count grimlock to go all stabby stabby again

• Advertisement

We forgot one....Murder One!

Advertisement