Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

seachto7 wrote: »
    I dunno. All kind of underwhelming so far.... :(

Not crap by any means, but I dunno.....

seriously??? I'm a huge tallica fanboy, thought the load/reload albums were just ok, st anger was pants, DM was good, but this, this is in a different fcukin league to all them already, cracking album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Didn't download the leak but going by what I've seen and heard so far this is going to be the biz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

After about 10 listens now, i reckon there 7 tracks I'd say are killer, 1 ok (hardwired), 3 fillers (Confusion, Here Comes Revenge and Am I Savage?) and one completely crap (Murder one).

So knock it down to about 8 songs, 50-55 minutes long and you have a really really great album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah I'm gonna buy this.

I actually am surprised by how much I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

After about 10 listens now, i reckon there 7 tracks I'd say are killer, 1 ok (hardwired), 3 fillers (Confusion, Here Comes Revenge and Am I Savage?) and one completely crap (Murder one).

So knock it down to about 8 songs, 50-55 minutes long and you have a really really great album.

Agreed, although I do think that Here Comes Revenge is actually a grower, I like it now. Murder One is poor though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Here comes the revenge I'd have thought was one of the better tracks tbh music video one of the better ones too.

Murder one and Am I savage? are complete duds alright was never keen on that Lords of Summer or the title track either. The rest...it's decent output from Metallica in 2016 for sure without getting too carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Happy Release Day all heh, heh....

And yeah Am I Savage is probably my least favourite on it.

Murder One is alright riff wise, I think they could have extended the intro more, had a sort of "One" sound, could have been looped and could have been the ballad of the album maybe. Like I can see why people like it currently as it is, it's a great tribute to Lemmy, but something in my head tells me they could have done a lot more with that song. The video is pretty cool though, love the animation.

Spit Out The Bone's video, reminds of the video for Peace Sells by Megadeth in the beginning, the flashy in your face images. Cracking video, somewhat corny in places like when that guy gets blown up by that thing while the other fella hides behind the wall, was like something from Mars Attacks! Haha

Even Newstalk talking about Metallica this morning. The Pat Kenny show of all things. Wasn't him presenting though. Full of the usual metal cliches unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Even Newstalk talking about Metallica this morning. The Pat Kenny show of all things. Wasn't him presenting though. Full of the usual metal cliches unfortunately.

https://www.newstalk.com/listen_back/13240/31827/18th_November_2016_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_2/

roughly half way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Good album. Made my own playlist on spotify, edited it down to 7 songs. Now its a great album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Liking the album so far. It's a bit more metallica than st anger or death magnetic. Like a cross between ride the lightening and load or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is there a link to watch this live broadcast from
    London?

Is there a link to watch this live broadcast from
    London?

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Beat me to it, was about to send it ha

Optimistic to think Spit Out The Bone will be on the setlist? Haha

What time is the gig due to start?

What time is the gig due to start?

now, lars probably doing his hair

now, lars probably doing his hair

His Terry Nutkins ponytail

fcuk me what a venue to see them in

robs base sounds mean tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

This sounds great....Looking forward to some of the new stuff

Wish I went to London, could have got an album and got it signed and caught the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sam Dunn reviewed the new album..

dexter647 wrote: »
    This sounds great....Looking forward to some of the new stuff

It still amazes me that at gigs that are being broadcast live on the net and will be on Youtube forever probably, there are still people recording the gig on their phones.

It still amazes me that at gigs that are being broadcast live on the net and will be on Youtube forever probably, there are still people recording the gig on their phones.

numpties, WATCHING THE FCUKING GIG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

numpties, WATCHING THE FCUKING GIG!
    I've had this same argument with my best mate over this very same issue many, many times now (both with the same views at that). Why bother recording the thing on a phone with crappy quality, when you'll probably see a pro shot of the gig at some point (its HIGHLY doubtful you'll block somebody's view for your precious Facebook likes and actually enjoy the gig :rolleyes:).

Quite enjoying the live stream, would like them to come back to Marlay Park again when they do a proper European tour. Was fun in the pit at the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

will be on Youtube forever probably, there are still people recording the gig on their phones.

Officially : The gig will also be available to view in its entirety for seven days after the event.

I'm sure a blazon rips of it will happen though.

entropi wrote: »
    Quite enjoying the live stream, would like them to come back to Marlay Park again when they do a proper European tour. Was fun in the pit at the last one.

ive had enough of outdoor gigs, they are just ****e. wish it was the 3arena but sure thats just wishful thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,860 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ive had enough of outdoor gigs, they are just ****e. wish it was the 3arena but sure thats just wishful thinking

There getting to the stadium gig age so we mite see them play the Aviva or RDS in 2018

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There getting to the stadium gig age so we mite see them play the Aviva or RDS in 2018

please no more stadiums, the sound is just ****

Advertisement