Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Shamelessly stolen from reddit, but too good not to share.

Atlas, Laugh!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOyjyItjcWq/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Jesus my sides that killed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lol

The follow up - Master of Laughter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO0VVURDdx5/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They are funny but two's enough now. I hope it's not going to be like those 'what if Hardwired was recorded like Master of Puppets' or whatever videos that kept popping up a few months back. The first one or two were interesting but not the 10th and 11th.

• Advertisement

Interesting to see how much Metallica's back catalogue continues to sell

http://loudwire.com/top-10-highest-selling-hard-rock-metal-album-2016-five-different-metallica-releases/

Also a bit sad for the metal industry as a whole that the top 30 has very few new releases in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

They are funny but two's enough now. I hope it's not going to be like those 'what if Hardwired was recorded like Master of Puppets' or whatever videos that kept popping up a few months back. The first one or two were interesting but not the 10th and 11th.

There is loads of th m on YouTube now. Literally name the Metallica album and the album you want to hear "what it sounds like" and there is a video of it now. Spit out the bone and justice for all style is my favourite

Ya, I agree.

I was getting real sick of the "If it were on... And Justice For All" videos that popped up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Guessing that we'll be getting a tour announcement this month for later in the year, Metallica aint one's for missing out on 7/8 months of interest on ticket sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Latest WTF Marc Maron podcast with Hetfield.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Tonight Metallica are in Seoul, South Korea supported by Babymetal.
    What a show that's going to be. Something to take the fans minds off the massive political scandal and civil unrest in the country right now.

c2ab5452-3568-4b80-aa06-8c90c9ddbe9d?w=800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I really don't get the hype in babymetal at all, really hope Metallica come here but they're not supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Now That We're Dead and Halo on Fire made their live debuts in South Korea.

I really don't get the hype in babymetal at all, really hope Metallica come here but they're not supporting
    Babymetal aren't going to be for everybody. Personally I like them. Their unique and bringing something new to metal. And also they have mad love and respect for Metallica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone have any thoughts of when they might be announcing dates of the European part of the tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Now That We're Dead and Halo on Fire made their live debuts in South Korea.

Finally more songs, now just remove enter sandman completely from the setlist and replace it with spit out the bone and were done, add murder one as well.

Finally more songs, now just remove enter sandman completely from the setlist and replace it with spit out the bone and were done, add murder one as well.

A man can dream :rolleyes: as much as I'd like to see this the band would never remove Sandman.

Halo on fire live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs7farnkn8Y

Hard to tell because it's off a phone but not sure i was feeling it. James voice didn't seem like it was holding up well for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reati wrote: »
    Halo on fire live:

Hard to tell because it's off a phone but not sure i was feeling it. James voice didn't seem like it was holding up well for it.

I'm gonna wait until they release the MetOnTour version..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Halo on fire live:

Link not working

Halo on fire live:

I think the people singing meshed with Het's voice made it seem like he was singing badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

A man can dream :rolleyes: as much as I'd like to see this the band would never remove Sandman.

Only time I saw them since The Point in 92 that they didn't play Enter Sandman was the fanclub gig in the O2 in London prior to Death Magnetic being released.

Yeah, never going to be left out of the set list. But I'd love it if they moved it from last in the main set or last in the encore. Throw it in 4th in the set or 7th or something (and not always just after NEM too!).

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Yeah, never going to be left out of the set list. But I'd love it if they moved it from last in the main set or last in the encore. Throw it in 4th in the set or 7th or something (and not always just after NEM too!).

Time to drop Seek and Destroy too,although it does signal to start making your way to the exit.

I think the people singing meshed with Het's voice made it seem like he was singing badly.

The people singing didn't help true but there is bits where the so is beyond him. I'll wait for a better video to judge though.

psychozeb wrote: »
    Time to drop Seek and Destroy too,although it does signal to start making your way to the exit.

Ha ha, yeah when it's in the encore anyway. They seem to alter between having S&D end the main set, then NEM/ES end the encore or vice versa.

In Seoul last night they went with the option 1 above so that'll probably the way it'll be for next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Sandman first in the set would work well. Not so much in the middle. It'll never be dropped and it shouldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,861 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With this tour seemingly not in the round like the death magnetic tour it's very possibly they might play the 3arena if they play arenas in Europe next autumn

Still no us stadium tour announced (which is strongly rumoured for the summer)

• Advertisement

Advertisement