Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

"Master of puppets I'm pulling my dick"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

I heard years ago one of his undisclosed addictions was chocolate believe it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I wonder what they had for breakfast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, around 1,750Euro for the top package
    One (1) premium reserved seat in the lower bowl to see Metallica live at the Royal Arena in Copenhagen
    Enter the venue ‘Through The Never’ Dedicated Entrance
    Hang with members of the band*
    Invitation to the ‘Sanitarium Rubber Room’, featuring:
    Cash bar plus two (2) drink tickets**
    Dinner at the ‘Spit Out The Bone’ Buffet
    Access to the ‘Memory Remains’: A brand new exhibit featuring band memorabilia, performance wardrobes, instruments, personal effects, never-before-seen footage, and more
    Professional group photograph with all four members of Metallica right before they ‘Hit the Lights’
    One (1) autographed setlist signed by all four members of Metallica
    One (1) limited-edition Metallica show poster
    One (1) Metallica t-shirt, selected by you in the lounge and ready for you to pick up right after the show!
    Private merchandise shopping
    On-site concert host
    * Band Members May Differ Per Show
    ** Local liquor laws apply
    http://www.cidentertainment.com/events/metallica-copenhagen-2017/enhanced-experiences/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

^^^^^^

Fcuk it If I had it I'd pay it... Sounds amazing:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

scudzilla wrote: »
    * Band Members May Differ Per Show
    :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    :pac:

Basically covering their arses as James doesn't do Greet the Meat anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Basically covering their arses as James doesn't do Greet the Meat anymore

How come? Does he think he's Axl Rose???

How come? Does he think he's Axl Rose???

Been like that for a couple of years now, Just Lars, Kirk and Rob do the MnG, James just stopped, doesn't like doing them, feels intrusive etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Been like that for a couple of years now, Just Lars, Kirk and Rob do the MnG, James just stopped, doesn't like doing them, feels intrusive etc

He kinda gave them up before Jason left. He's getting more reclusive as the years go by. Sure he's moved to the Colorado mountains to kill fresh meat and grow fresh vegetables. Every one knows who he is in sanfran, so he left. Metallica is the day job. I wonder will they have to move HQ, as its not a secret where it's anymore and its mobbed by metallica fans constantly.

• Advertisement

He kinda gave them up before Jason left. He's getting more reclusive as the years go by. Sure he's moved to the Colorado mountains to kill fresh meat and grow fresh vegetables. Every one knows who he is in sanfran, so he left. Metallica is the day job. I wonder will they have to move HQ, as its not a secret where it's anymore and its mobbed by metallica fans constantly.

Nah, he was still doing them before Jason left, not everyone but he was definatley still doing them, it's only the past 2, maybe 3yrs that he's knocked them on the head completely

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

what about the "TALLICA FAMILY"
    sorry will get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

hellyeah wrote: »
    what about the "TALLICA FAMILY"
    sorry will get my coat.

Jaaaaaaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nicked from the Metallica sub reddit
    James has not done the meet and greet since Roskilde 2013, no reason has ever been given

James actually talked about why he's not into taking photos with fans last October, which in a way it's understandable.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/metallicas_hetfield_why_i_refuse_to_take_photos_with_fans.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

And bees, don't forget the bees. Was genuinely surprised to hear that one

And bees, don't forget the bees. Was genuinely surprised to hear that one

Oh yeah, forgot about the bee keeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

First up, has been a long time since I posted here, so I better update my Sig with newer gigs ;-)

looks like there won't be any indoor show in Dublin anyway, maybe Belfast again, which is fine with me I never mind travelling for shows, I certainly have no interest in another outdoor Metallica show here - or anywhere for that matter, they are a different beast indoors.

here's the current setup - would surprise me if they changed from the In The Round format now.....

Metallica-ITR-2017.jpg

and as it's been a long time since I posted here - I was at the Album launch in London at House Of Vans and it was absolutely class to be there, amazing to see a band like Metallica in a venue that small, what they sounded like on the Stream I don't know, but in the venue the atmosphere was awesome and people were, generally, really getting into it.

20161118_225104 copy.jpg

Scudzilla - we were talking about it before the gig and both of us thought the same thing about Spit Out The Bone, would have loved to have heard it on the night, but neither of us thought Lars would be able to handle it live, though in reality he wasn't quite as sloppy as usual on the night ;-)

And as for the album, to be honest I've so much to work on these days with reviews and stuff I haven't listened to it much since before Christmas, but overall I think it's a really good album, some cracking tracks, some average, but it's an interesting mix.....no matter what they do people will moan and I've done enough of that in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

NIBBS wrote:
    looks like there won't be any indoor show in Dublin anyway, maybe Belfast again, which is fine with me I never mind travelling for shows, I certainly have no interest in another outdoor Metallica show here - or anywhere for that matter, they are a different beast indoors.

Why no Dublin show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    NIBBS wrote:

Why no Dublin show?

In the round I guess.

But, the Muse one looked much bigger than that and they fit it in grand!

• Advertisement

It's something to do with the Stage setup, would love to see it, but nothing has changed with their stage design so if they are still using the ITR setup it won't happen......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

NIBBS wrote: »
    and as it's been a long time since I posted here - I was at the Album launch in London at House Of Vans and it was absolutely class to be there, amazing to see a band like Metallica in a venue that small

Out of interest - how did you get tickets for that?

I live in London and was dying to go.

Only option seemed to be the lottery for tickets though which I missed out on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Second Denmark show postponed until September, one would have to imagine the European tour will be then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,861 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mushy wrote: »
    Second Denmark show postponed until September, one would have to imagine the European tour will be then!

Hopefully a 3arena date in that tour

Won't hold my breath though

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

https://metallica.com/blog/news/438164/february-5th-show-in-copenhagen-postponed

They've had to cancel a gig tonight in Copenhagen, James's voice is out of action it seems. From reading the blog above, it sounds like they were going to finish early on Friday as well but the crowd "encouraged" them to continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,861 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://metallica.com/blog/news/438164/february-5th-show-in-copenhagen-postponed

They've had to cancel a gig tonight in Copenhagen, James's voice is out of action it seems. From reading the blog above, it sounds like they were going to finish early on Friday as well but the crowd "encouraged" them to continue!

Hopefully it's not the start of something serious for James healthwise. The amount of drinking, smoking and drugs James done in the non clean years must of been horrendous

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I kind of got that kind of vibe from the announcement as well, but could be reading FAR too much into it. As you say, hopefully it's nothing too serious and just one of those things.

I kind of got that kind of vibe from the announcement as well, but could be reading FAR too much into it. As you say, hopefully it's nothing too serious and just one of those things.

He just blew his voice out like he did on the black album, they've been relentless touring and recording an album for the last year, I'd say he just needs to chill it out for a bit, he's in his 50's after all.

On another note, I have officially given up on them playing spit out the bone live, they seem comfortable with their current set list and it's not changing much. Lars can't handle it, we all know it, he'll make a balls of it, sure I bet the double bass was added with pro tools. It's a pity, it only took him 16 years to learn how to play Dyre's eve live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

On another note, I have officially given up on them playing spit out the bone live, they seem comfortable with their current set list and it's not changing much. Lars can't handle it, we all know it, he'll make a balls of it, sure I bet the double bass was added with pro tools. .

I think that's why they haven't release the Spit Out The Bone making of video.

• Advertisement

I think that's why they haven't release the Spit Out The Bone making of video.

Yeah there seems to be a effort to brush this song under the carpet like it never happened. I was waiting for the making of it for a while, but it's not going to happen.

Advertisement