Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

^^ don't think so :(

On another note, vid of James asking the crowd can he stop singing because his voice is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Metallica and Lady Gaga to perform together at the Grammy's... wonder if it'll be better than with Lang Lang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Degag wrote: »
    Metallica and Lady Gaga to perform together at the Grammy's... wonder if it'll be better than with Lang Lang?

So long as Kirk doesn't have another Trump meltdown, it'll be fine. Jeez he really made an ass out of himself, I preferred when metallica members stayed away from politics..

I think most things in human life are better than Metallica performing with Lang Lang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

So long as Kirk doesn't have another Trump meltdown, it'll be fine. Jeez he really made an ass out of himself, I preferred when metallica members stayed away from politics..

Oh jaysus, do I even want to know what Kirk's Trump meltdown was? :eek:

But yeah I don't think our musicians should go around toting their politics to us. That's half the reason I can't stand Pearl Jam or Springsteen any more (and all the reason I can't stand U2). Just do what Hetfield does, keep your politics to yourself and let your badassness do the talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Was listening to the radio last night and Nothing Else Matters came on... It and Sandman are the only 2 Metallica songs i've ever heard on a mainstream irish channel. Has anyone ever heard a different one?

But yeah I don't think our musicians should go around toting their politics to us. That's half the reason I can't stand Pearl Jam or Springsteen any more (and all the reason I can't stand U2). Just do what Hetfield does, keep your politics to yourself and let your badassness do the talking.

LOL.. I think he's a bit gay now for some reason :pac:

LOL.. I think he's a bit gay now for some reason :pac:

What ever would make you think that?

G25rLnu.jpg

VuyjPMo.jpg

pogJKzI.jpg

I4guBNE.jpg

vNFff6D.jpg

Let us not forget
    http://i.imgur.com/zcZ90qC.gifv

What ever would make you think that?

You know I'd genuinely forgot about all that!!!! I erased it from my mind because at some stage during the 90's I had got it into my head that them two were sword fighting with their choppers and maybe a lot worse:eek::eek:

Yeah moving on swiftly, Degag, Enter sandman and Nothing else matters were released as commercial songs that's why they were in the charts, and maybe unforgiven. The rest were "not commercially viable for the makey up pop charts" Heard that on Today FM on release day of Hardwired to self destruct on the Dermot on Dave show. Dave wanted to play spit out the bone, the producer said he could have 30 seconds of it if Dermot could electrocute him, then explained why Metallica isn't on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pretty sure in terms of chart they achieved their most successful position in Ireland with "Until it Sleeps" played it then, along with the usual chart stuff would've been amongst the Bullet with Butterfly wings,Firestarters & Goldfingers at the time though which wouldn't have been a far cry away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I remember when Justice came out I was working a weekend job and sitting in a delivery truck when Larry Gogan played Blackened (well about 3 mins of it).

Harvester of Sorrow was the first release off that album and it was played on the radio at the time as it charted.

One also got airplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Remember when they played Woodstock in 94? It was live on 2FM. I taped it off the radio, and the DJ was talking when Breadfan started, which was the first song, and when the pyro went off for One, he thought it was the end of the set and said something like "that's the bizarre ending to Metallica's set at Woodstock, and was just about to go to ads or whatever, when the riff started for One,and the set continued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Was listening to the radio last night and Nothing Else Matters came on... It and Sandman are the only 2 Metallica songs i've ever heard on a mainstream irish channel. Has anyone ever heard a different one?
    2FM Sunday 20:00

seachto7 wrote: »
    Remember when they played Woodstock in 94? It was live on 2FM. I taped it off the radio, and the DJ was talking when Breadfan started, which was the first song, and when the pyro went off for One, he thought it was the end of the set and said something like "that's the bizarre ending to Metallica's set at Woodstock, and was just about to go to ads or whatever, when the riff started for One,and the set continued.
    I remember that, but I listened to it live on BBC radio. Used to tape record a lot of metal from the Beeb.

James does not keep his politics to himself. It leaks out of all his orifices. He's politics incontinent.

A Now That We're Dead duet? Or maybe she does the asthmatic bit on The Memory Remains.

ush wrote: »
    James does not keep his politics to himself. It leaks out of all his orifices. He's politics incontinent.

Tbh, I have never heard James talking about politics until very recently. About the closest I've ever heard on the matter is that he's in the NRA. Which makes me think he's a conservative republican. His reasons for leaving San Francisco, also makes me think that. But up until now I never heard him talking about politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I've never heard him talk about his politics tbh. Yes he hunts and owns a gun but I've never seem him at some pro hunt March. He gave the narration for a hunting documentary, but that's hardly the same as him walling down the road waving a banner.
    From hearing him in the recent podcasts (might have been the rogan one) I get the impression that he likes to keep himself to himself.
    He's hardly gone the Clint Eastwood or Springsteen route of nailing his colours to the mast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

European tour being announced by end of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Fingers crossed they play here and add "halo on fire" to the setlist.
    Best tune from them in years

• Advertisement

I've never heard him talk about his politics tbh. Yes he hunts and owns a gun but I've never seem him at some pro hunt March. He gave the narration for a hunting documentary, but that's hardly the same as him walling down the road waving a banner.
    From hearing him in the recent podcasts (might have been the rogan one) I get the impression that he likes to keep himself to himself.
    He's hardly gone the Clint Eastwood or Springsteen route of nailing his colours to the mast.
    Saying over and over again you don't want to talk about politics is political. He doesn't have to nail any colors when its obvious what he thinks. 
    Its almost as if a "liberal" says something political then its political, whereas when a conservative says something political they're just being themselves.

Saying over and over again you don't want to talk about politics is political. He doesn't have to nail any colours when its obvious what he thinks. 
    Its almost as if a "liberal" says something political then its political, whereas when a conservative says something political they're just being themselves.

Saying over and over again you don't want to talk about politics is political. He doesn't have to nail any colours when its obvious what he thinks. 

In fairness, Kirk nailed his colours to the mast quite firmly.

Quite rightly. Not a time for chickening out.

My new favourite song off the new album is Here comes revenge. It's just been growing on me for the last few weeks. Now I get chills listening to the riffs.

My New track order is;

Here comes revenge
    Confusion
    Spit out the bone
    Moth into flame
    Atlas rise
    Hardwired
    Murder one
    Am I savage
    Now that were dead
    Dream no more
    Man unkind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

My new favourite song off the new album is Here comes revenge. It's just been growing on me for the last few weeks. Now I get chills listening to the riffs.

My New track order is;

Here comes revenge
    Confusion
    Spit out the bone
    Moth into flame
    Atlas rise
    Hardwired
    Murder one
    Am I savage
    Now that were dead
    Dream no more
    Man unkind

Whether I continue to listen an album weeks, months etc after it comes out is the big test of an an album for me and while I had this on heavy rotation for the first couple of weeks after it was released and I was liking it a lot, I haven't listened to it since so I don't know how to rate it now.

Whether I continue to listen an album weeks, months etc after it comes out is the big test of an an album for me and while I had this on heavy rotation for the first couple of weeks after it was released and I was liking it a lot, I haven't listened to it since so I don't know how to rate it now.

It's mad because here comes revenge wasn't on my radar until last week and I have had it on heavy rotation, I can't listen to spit after listening to the slow tracks because it just sounds too fast now, but it's still number 3, down 2 places:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

From Metallica's Facebook page.
    Thank you Copenhagen!! It’s been an amazing week and we can’t wait to come back! A huge thanks to all of you who traveled to Denmark, keep watching here as all the details of a full European tour this Fall will be announced before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,861 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    From Metallica's Facebook page.

Would love a Dublin date on the tour but not holding my breath as on the world magnetic tour the first 3 Europe legs were indoors and we got the Marley Park 2009 show in Europe leg 4 with Belfast getting shows the following may. I'm almost sure it was an issue with the stage layout in the 3arena that Dublin didn't get a indoor show on the tour

If 3arena shows are happening in autumn than I can see there being 2/3 sell out shows. Metallica are still a big deal and touring the awesome htsd tour

Advertisement