Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love a Dublin date on the tour but not holding my breath as on the world magnetic tour the first 3 Europe legs were indoors and we got the Marley Park 2009 show in Europe leg 4 with Belfast getting shows the following may. I'm almost sure it was an issue with the stage layout in the 3arena that Dublin didn't get a indoor show on the tour

If 3arena shows are happening in autumn than I can see there being 2/3 sell out shows. Metallica are still a big deal and touring the awesome htsd tour
    The stage they're using now is smaller than the World Magnetic stage so there may be a better chance of it fitting into the Point Depot. Hoping for an indoor show as I can't be bothered with outdoor shows anymore.

That said, I'd happily head to Belfast again to see them in the Odyssey Arena .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If 3arena shows are happening in autumn than I can see there being 2/3 sell out shows. Metallica are still a big deal and touring the awesome htsd tour

http://loudwire.com/metallica-james-hetfield-body-handle-50-shows-year/

If they follow through on only doing around 50 shows a year, there's no way they'll do more than 1 Irish show.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭zk532

Haven't posted on here before but have been following the thread for last while. I'm wondering if anyone knows who played the piano on the unforgiven III intro? I googled it but finding contradicting answers. I.e. Rick Rubin or hetfield. Unlikely to be Rubin as it's in the demo too. Apologies if this has been discussed before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭KH25

zk532 wrote: »
    Haven't posted on here before but have been following the thread for last while. I'm wondering if anyone knows who played the piano on the unforgiven III intro? I googled it but finding contradicting answers. I.e. Rick Rubin or hetfield. Unlikely to be Rubin as it's in the demo too. Apologies if this has been discussed before

Fairly certain it was Hetfield. Think on the year and a half DVD his dad says they started him on piano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,861 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://loudwire.com/metallica-james-hetfield-body-handle-50-shows-year/

If they follow through on only doing around 50 shows a year, there's no way they'll do more than 1 Irish show.

If Metallica play 1 show here and I get a ticket I don't care how many shows they do here lol

Apparently Avenged Sevenfold put up a cryptic date thing '2.13.17' but it was in the same font as hardwired TSD which signals they will play support on Metallica's rumoured North American stadium tour this summer

ATM 20 shows have been announced/some played on the tour already without the NA and Europe tours announced (30 more left if there serious about the 50 per year thing) Could be a smallish Euro tour which I think sadly Dublin might not be included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Metallica put a video up on facebook earlier with "Monday" the only text in it. Announcement of tour dates then maybe?

Degag wrote: »
    Metallica put a video up on facebook earlier with "Monday" the only text in it. Announcement of tour dates then maybe?

Possibly North American summer tour dates. Euro dates will be announced the end of the month they said the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They've played 8 dates so far this year, have another 11 scheduled, as it's a stadium tour in U.S i'd say maybe 12 cities, 15 tops, that takes it up to 31/34

If they stick to James 50 dates per year then that leaves 16-19 dates left for Europe, 3 shows a week ties it up to a nice little 5-6wk tour, that all fits perfectly and it's the way it'll go i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Possibly North American summer tour dates. Euro dates will be announced the end of the month they said the other day

Maybe their gonna announce both the US & European dates on Monday.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Maybe their gonna announce both the US & European dates on Monday.

Maybe but I'd say it will just be the US Tour. Avenged Sevenfold supporting, saw them here in Jan so hopefully they don't support in Europe too

• Advertisement

Maybe but I'd say it will just be the US Tour. Avenged Sevenfold supporting, saw them here in Jan so hopefully they don't support in Europe too

Guess we'll find out tomorrow, if it is just the US tour, then Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold & Volbeat is a damn solid package.

So, what song will we get tonight? One? Enter Sandman?? Or maybe a bit of Poker Face??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So, what song will we get tonight? One? Enter Sandman?? Or maybe a bit of Poker Face??!!

It never even crossed my mind that it wouldn't be a Metallica song but now that you mention it, I'd love it they did a LG cover or at least a snippet of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I hope it's not one, they murder it live these days and sandman can go and fcuk itself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If they do a Gaga song, it'll be hard for them to do a better job than this fella.

I hope it's not one, they murder it live these days and sandman can go and fcuk itself.
    It's going to be one or the other i'd say. Long shots Seek and Destroy or Sad but True

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Apparently it's Moth into Flame with Gaga singing.

Wild guess, maybe Moth Into Flame and one of Gaga's..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wild guess, maybe Moth Into Flame and one of Gaga's..
    Good guess it seems. Is there some reason for this song that i'm missing?

Good guess it seems. Is there some reason for this song that i'm missing?

Probably because, and again wild guess with Moth being inspired by the Amy Winehouse documentary (James himself said so) and maybe having Gaga sing it, I mean the lyrics to the song apply to Amy, or could apply to anyone really.

That's my 2 cents, now I could be completely wrong and they decide to do something else besides Moth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

any idea when this is happening?

Still unsure if i'd like to ride Gaga or put her in a cage, guess i'd go for the first

scudzilla wrote: »
    Still unsure if i'd like to ride Gaga or put her in a cage, guess i'd go for the first
    Would be the same by a narrow margin

What a complete and utter fcuk up, James' mic was dead, he had to share Gaga's from first chorus

Thank fcuk, Gaga helped James out and is sharing her mic, they obviously don't trust his

Yep, Hetfield is PISSED, Kicks mic stand over, walks to side and lobs his guitar at someone.

Not too bad, Gaga rescued it but a complete and utter **** up, James voice wasn't the best either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

They made the best of the situation and thought Gaga was great with them.

And Metallica didn't even get an intro "Here's 8 time Grammy winners and 6 time Grammy winner Lady Gaga" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pathetic and embarrassing sums that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Pathetic and embarrassing sums that up.

Between the mic mess and Megadeth going to get their award while Master of Puppets blared out,it was definitely pathetic and embarrassing for the sound crews side of things

Advertisement