Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Jesus lads, my sister texted me and told me about this. Not sure if I want to watch it after hearing all this cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jesus lads, my sister texted me and told me about this. Not sure if I want to watch it after hearing all this cringe.

Thank fcuk for Gaga thats all i can say, she saved that from being a complete mess.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fair play to Gaga, can't wait for her thrash metal album :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

A complete mess from start to finish. Gaga was more embarrassing than the mic fail. Also they are playing that song too fast live. Loses all its groove when they piss through it at 90mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

23 shows on the NA tour, they're doing more than 50 shows surely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,861 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mushy wrote: »

It's going too be a small Euro tour

Can't see Dublin being in it

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Never thought I'd say this but I really enjoyed the spectacle with Gaga being part of it. I'm not a big fan of the song nor do I have any interest in Gaga's music but she looked and fit the part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭briany

Lady Gaga seems pretty sincere about her enjoyment of heavier music, and I can't blame Metallica for performing a song with her at the Grammies, but they could have at least kiboshed those backup dancers who were doing that staged moshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Good old Grammy's ****ty attitude to Rock & Metal again. No band introduction,mic doesn't work and Megadeth win best metal performance in an untelevised section and have the house band play Master of Puppets as they go to collect their award!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

lord lucan wrote: »
    Good old Grammy's ****ty attitude to Rock & Metal again. No band introduction,mic doesn't work and Megadeth win best metal performance in an untelevised section and have the house band play Master of Puppets as they go to collect their award!!

**** 'em and their snobbishness.

Poor Dave, he & Megadeth finally get their Grammy at the 12th attempt, house band proceeds to rain on his parade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I always think it's weird them still giving out awards hours after the ceremony 'proper' had ended and there are a few hardcores left in the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Bit strange that the artist attributed to Hardwired at the Grammys was not Metallica but James and Lars.... Now I know they wrote the song and all but surely it should have been credited to the band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Degag wrote: »
    Bit strange that the artist attributed to Hardwired at the Grammys was not Metallica but James and Lars.... Now I know they wrote the song and all but surely it should have been credited to the band?

Remember everyone being equal? Well that's not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

James mic issue was fixed on the RTE Grammy highlights package. Don't know if they got another feed or dubbed over it or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

James mic issue was fixed on the RTE Grammy highlights package. Don't know if they got another feed or dubbed over it or something.

Maybe the flying kick sorted it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    **** 'em and their snobbishness.

Poor Dave, he & Megadeth finally get their Grammy at the 12th attempt, house band proceeds to rain on his parade.

And apparently no Nick Menza in the in memoriam section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hopefully they'll have some rehearsal footage they could put up on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

In all the dates and not playing their own backyard seems odd even moreso when you factor in that A7X would also be on home turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Hetfield said a few weeks ago that they don't fancy doing more than 50 shows this year anyway. They said they just want to stay in good shape and not to overdo it, guess when you get to their age all that globe trotting will catch up with you. So if they stick to the 25 shows in the US that they've announced. They could end up doing the other 25 in Europe in the autumn, could be a good chance of a Dublin show, 25 Europe gigs is pretty good if they are insistent on doing 50ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Hetfield said a few weeks ago that they don't fancy doing more than 50 shows this year anyway. They said they just want to stay in good shape and not to overdo it, guess when you get to their age all that globe trotting will catch up with you. So if they stick to the 25 shows in the US that they've announced. They could end up doing the other 25 in Europe in the autumn, could be a good chance of a Dublin show, 25 Europe gigs is pretty good if they are insistent on doing 50ish.

But they've already done about 12 so that 25 is quickly whittled down to 13

zcorpian88 wrote: »

As Scudzilla says, they've done quite a few gigs already. Maybe they won't be strictly stopping at 50, but it won't be much more than that. Including that they don't do 2 nights on the trot, a 13 date tour could take up 4 weeks, add in a week off too.

Saw somebody on download forums anticipating 6 UK shows. They must be ambitious that they'll get that many. I'd say the following:

UK, Germany, France 2,
    Italy, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Netherlands.

Denmark has one announced, but that's re-scheduled. Working on the 50 gig thing, that leaves one extra place to play. I wouldn't be confident of it being Dublin!

As Scudzilla says, they've done quite a few gigs already. Maybe they won't be strictly stopping at 50, but it won't be much more than that. Including that they don't do 2 nights on the trot, a 13 date tour could take up 4 weeks, add in a week off too.

Saw somebody on download forums anticipating 6 UK shows. They must be ambitious that they'll get that many. I'd say the following:

UK, Germany, France 2,

Denmark has one announced, but that's re-scheduled. Working on the 50 gig thing, that leaves one extra place to play. I wouldn't be confident of it being Dublin!

Hopefully 50 was just a random number and rest do a good few gigs in Europe with a Dublin gig

If they play Manchester or Glasgow I mite head over

I'll be in heaven if they play Dublin with Volbeat

A dublin gig very much depends on where they play if it's an arena tour then it's not happening but an outdoor tour then dublin has a better chance , but id say it will be 2018 before we see them in ireland

colmufc wrote: »
    A dublin gig very much depends on where they play if it's an arena tour then it's not happening but an outdoor tour then dublin has a better chance , but id say it will be 2018 before we see them in ireland

If its in the round like the DM tour than we may not get an arena show and maybe will get an outdoor show in the summer of 2018

guess we just have to wait and see at the end of the month or so

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If its in the round like the DM tour than we may not get an arena show and maybe will get an outdoor show in the summer of 2018

guess we just have to wait and see at the end of the month or so

Exactly, from what I saw from the shows so far it's an in the round stage
    The 3 is a okay arena but we should really have a 20,000 seater hockey style arena

UK, Germany, France 2,

Hopefully 50 was just a random number and rest do a good few gigs in Europe with a Dublin gig

If they play Manchester or Glasgow I mite head over

I'll be in heaven if they play Dublin with Volbeat

With some luck anyway there'll be a few more dates than the 50. I'd say they'd do London and Manchester before Glasgow although the new arena may sway them.

Volbeat support would be great, could happen in England but probably not the full tour!

With some luck anyway there'll be a few more dates than the 50. I'd say they'd do London and Manchester before Glasgow although the new arena may sway them.

Volbeat support would be great, could happen in England but probably not the full tour!

The new arena in Leeds seems to get a lot of shows too so maybe they might play there

Saw the WWE in the hydro in Glasgow and it's awesome arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lord lucan wrote: »

Dave must have got a laugh at how sh1t the house band were

• Advertisement

The new arena in Leeds seems to get a lot of shows too so maybe they might play there

Saw the WWE in the hydro in Glasgow and it's awesome arena

Sound in that venue is supposed to be unreal. At this stage I assume Metallica will play the larger population spots, so Manchester will get the nod there. That's if there is 2 shows.

Advertisement