Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

scudzilla wrote: »
    But they've already done about 12 so that 25 is quickly whittled down to 13

S**t, yeah I didn't think of that, 13 shows, doesn't sound as optimistic of a Dublin date, and we have no arena that has the stage in the middle. I like the 3 arena but it might be too small since they attracted a lot more fans since the last time they played that venue back when it was the point in 1999.

If they plan on playing indoors in the autumn I think we're kind of f**ked for choice venue wise. While Belfast have a place like The Odyssey. Unless they do an ourdoor show, don't Marlay Park have concerts in September? Vaguely remember there was shows there in September. Usually if they are doing an indoor run of shows, it's just indoors not much of a compromise. Don't really have the funds to travel for a gig. I'd love to feck off travelling for gigs though, my idea of a holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Somebody claims to have fixed the audio issue and posted the video on Facebook. They claim that the audio issue i.e. James's mic not working, was only on the TV broadcast and the web broadcast was fine. Not sure I believe that but if he/she did graft on James' vocals from another live performance it sounds pretty convincing.

https://www.facebook.com/RoLoadChapter/videos/1750248998334329/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Lads, if it is only going to be the 50 shows they play this year, i wouldn't be too worried. They might just play one half of the European tour before Christmas and the other after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Somebody claims to have fixed the audio issue and posted the video on Facebook. They claim that the audio issue i.e. James's mic not working, was only on the TV broadcast and the web broadcast was fine. Not sure I believe that but if he/she did graft on James' vocals from another live performance it sounds pretty convincing.

https://www.facebook.com/RoLoadChapter/videos/1750248998334329/

That's bollocks, If it was the case then the audio was fine apart from the TV feed, Hetfield didn't get pissed over nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Degag wrote: »
    Lads, if it is only going to be the 50 shows they play this year, i wouldn't be too worried. They might just play one half of the European tour before Christmas and the other after!

Indications are they'll hit Europe in September/Europe, it'd be a bit odd to split the European tour that far apart. It'll coincide nicely for festival announcements at the end of it, that'll be when they'll return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Mushy wrote: »
    Indications are they'll hit Europe in September/Europe, it'd be a bit odd to split the European tour that far apart. It'll coincide nicely for festival announcements at the end of it, that'll be when they'll return.

Ya hope, if they are not in demand for the lucrative UK circuit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lars announced that Metallica will be further collaborating with Lady Gaga

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/lars_announces_additional_metallica__gaga_collaborations_are_coming.html

Follow up to LuLu perhaps - GuGu?:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There's nothing contrived about her? They'd wanna get a grip.

2016_GOLDEN_GLOBES_GagaCry-1452481754.gif?quality=.8&height=270&width=480

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Gaga proved the other night she could sing in a metal style, I don't think a potential collaboration would be as a big a trainwreck as Lulu, the bar is set way too low for it to be that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

[font=Roboto, arial, 'Noto Sans Japanese', sans-serif]Blacked out pop queen, amphetamine[/font]
    [font=Roboto, arial, 'Noto Sans Japanese', sans-serif]The screams crashed into silence[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Lars announced that Metallica will be further collaborating with Lady Gaga

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/lars_announces_additional_metallica__gaga_collaborations_are_coming.html

Follow up to LuLu perhaps - GuGu?:P:P:P
    GUBU

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lars was on The Late Late Show in the U.S last night, said James was "Livid Over Grammy Mic Failure"

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news/lars-ulrich-james-hetfield-was-livid-over-grammy-mic-failure/30710

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,862 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If they dont play Dublin or Belfast i hope they play Manchester as its a good city, a little bit quicker to get too than London and cheaper too but have a feeling it could be 1/2 dates in the o2 Arena London

Ill heading to London for the first time in June for Guns N Roses but id have too have my mind made up about an Autumn Metallica gig by then as there due to TBA this month

A dublin gig would be amazing as it would cut out travelling costs (only a case of bus up and down to the gig)

Rather head to the UK than a non English speaking European countrie to see them but there prob good experiences visiting Spain/Germany to see Metallica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

So metallica released "sawblade" the making of. When I saw that I thought immediately with a name like that, I thought....Spit out the bone.. No it's fcuking not.

"I play slow cos I can play drums slow"...dribble..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rather head to the UK than a non English speaking European countrie to see them but there prob good experiences visiting Spain/Germany to see Metallica

A music gig where the lyrics are in English the people attending generally can speak a chunk of it besides the likes of the Benelux countries theres no issue with speaking English at all anyway.

Rumours of a European Tour TBA on monday

sadly no mention or rumours of an Irish date

If someone like Radio Nova or someone posts up something like 'Gig Announcement monday' or something than i doubt were getting a date here next autumn :(:(

Or could be Tuesday, they did say before month's end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Rumours of a European Tour TBA on monday

sadly no mention or rumours of an Irish date

If someone like Radio Nova or someone posts up something like 'Gig Announcement monday' or something than i doubt were getting a date here next autumn :(:(
    I remember years where posters were coming on here "in the know" saying that there was going to be an announcement on "X" date and Metallica were playing in "X" venue but alas it never happened.

So.... you'd never know:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Just happened to see this thread. These fella's are sound, spent an hour with them in the early 90's on the North Wall beside the Point. Very laid back sociable dudes, interested in astonishingly normal stuff... food and dogs were the main topics. (I had my dog with me and they were interested in going for food).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Diazou

I don't like the last songs of Metallica, for me their best period was 90's.

• Advertisement

Think 'The Unforgiven II' is the best of all the Unforgiven tracks

Looking forward to the Euro dates and hopefully I'll make one of the shows.

No Euro dates announced yet but guys over on Metclub have been saying A few Uk Arena venues have been showing up on Viagogo

London, Newcastle, Manchester and Glasgow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw on download forums the 27th September was leaked for Paris

Also rumoured to be playing in Krakow Poland on the tour too. My overseas touring buddy wont travel to the UK to see them but would travel to Poland (if they dont play here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Also rumoured to be playing in Krakow Poland on the tour too. My overseas touring buddy wont travel to the UK to see them but would travel to Poland (if they dont play here)

Krakow is beautiful - well worth a visit anyways, but to see Tallica, all the better really

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Krakow is beautiful - well worth a visit anyways, but to see Tallica, all the better really

just have to wait and see

not expecting a Dublin date til summer 2018 as much as the 3arena is a top class venue the shape of the venue makes some shows unsuitable

U2 and Muse on there last tours had to change there stage set ups slightly when they played the 3arena

So Copenhagen will probably kick off the tour on Sept 2nd, doubt Paris would be the last show on tour so we're looking at what, 4week tour, 3 gigs a week, Paris and Copenhagen sort of announced, those 4 in UK, doesn't look good when you factor in Germany

If the U.K dates above are legitimate, then a trip to London or Manchester could be on the cards.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If the U.K dates above are legitimate, then a trip to London or Manchester could be on the cards.

Don't write off Newcastle either, handy airport, decent cheap travelodge if booked straight away and nice venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seen Metallica a number of times if they don't do a date here not too pushed about travelling to see them again last time was Black album in full at Donington albeit part of a bumper bill that year twas a no brainer :cool:

Advertisement