Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't write off Newcastle either, handy airport, decent cheap travelodge if booked straight away and nice venue

I'll second that,seen them in the metro radio arena in 2009,great town,good venue and I stayed in jury's which is practically next to the venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

So Copenhagen will probably kick off the tour on Sept 2nd, doubt Paris would be the last show on tour so we're looking at what, 4week tour, 3 gigs a week, Paris and Copenhagen sort of announced, those 4 in UK, doesn't look good when you factor in Germany

Don't think they've done an October gig here since '88.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The Black Album tour was here in October in '92.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,862 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would go over in a heartbeat to see them in the UK but as i explained earlier my overseas gig buddy wont travel to the UK too see them and ATM id feel a bit uneasy travelling alone but he said he would consider a Polish gig (as it would work out cheaper). We will wait til the tour is announced before we think about where we will go

I have one overseas trip already dis year with Guns N Roses in London in June but im hoping A Metallica gig in the autumn will happen for me (previous overseas trips include Nov 2015 had Motley Crue in Manchester, June 2016 Stone Roses Manchester and Nov 2016 WWE tapings in Glasgow).

I saw Metallica here in 2008 & 2009 in Marley Park and i want to see this tour indoors as ive heard you have not seen Metallica til you see them indoors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Actually every single time they've played indoors here bar last time in '99 has been Sept/Oct oddly enough

As above noted by Jack also Load tour 1996 Oct too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i've seen 'em 30 odd times, all over Europe, used to go to 1 or 2 Euro Mainland shows when they toured, i've now done my time and won't be travelling anymore, Dublin or nothing.

Seen them do some truly great shows and a couple of fukcin dire one's (Dynamo '99 springs to mind on that one)

Ya thats my kinda thoughts now if UK dates fall well possibly but if I require days off nah, Dublin or Belfast or I'm out

Well the end of the month has been and went but still not tour dates

Well the end of the month has been and went but still not tour dates

Maybe they will announce them after the Mexico dates which end on the 5th March or in April when the South American leg is done

Was expecting the have the dates by now I Hate when bands lie

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe they will announce them after the Mexico dates which end on the 5th March or in April when the South American leg is done

Was expecting the have the dates by now I Hate when bands lie

They'll announce their European tour dates when their ready to, so wait patiently like the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They'll announce their European tour dates when their ready to, so wait patiently like the rest of us.

Probably waiting for Paddy's Day to announce

James : "How are the Paddy's going to react when they find out we're missing them out again"

Lars : "We'll announce the dates on Paddy's Day, they'll all be too off their faces to care"

Kirk : "Where's my Wah Wah pedal"

Rob : " Yes bosses"

Or I'd probably guess some dates still being hammered out, and they're waiting to announce them altogether.

Or I'd probably guess some dates still being hammered out, and they're waiting to announce them altogether.

They're not going to come here, there's no way they'll do an indoor gig in October, there's nowhere that would generate enough marginal profit. The indoor venues are too small, two nights is out of the question.

They're not going to come here, there's no way they'll do an indoor gig in October, there's nowhere that would generate enough marginal profit. The indoor venues are too small, two nights is out of the question.

I'm giving up any hope of them coming here, probably just as easy to go to England for a show or 2 and see them this year, when the dates are eventually announced.

I'm giving up any hope of them coming here, probably just as easy to go to England for a show or 2 and see them this year, when the dates are eventually announced.

If they do a gig here it'll be in Belfast, its the only place they can play with the desired stage setup and headcount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, wouldn't have much of a problem hitting England.

Monday could be a likely day for an announcement now though. Most bands seem to do that and tickets on sale on the Friday.

If they do a gig here it'll be in Belfast, its the only place they can play with the desired stage setup and headcount.

I knw they used the non round stage for the Asian gig's in Jan but I imagine they will only bring the in the round stage to Europe so they rules out the 3arena. Prob Marley Park or Malahide Castle in the summer of 2018 maybe even the New PUC in Cork too

Poland or England too see them in the autumn for me hopefully

People are well off the mark who suggest the Dublin needs a bigger indoor venue than the 3arena it needs a mid-sized 3-5k alright but that's a different story, doesn't generate enough profit? Did you do research on this? If so gimme a gander of your results as a sold out show for 1 night there could generate close to 1m for Metallica.

People are well off the mark who suggest the Dublin needs a bigger indoor venue than the 3arena it needs a mid-sized 3-5k alright but that's a different story, doesn't generate enough profit? Did you do research on this? If so gimme a gander of your results as a sold out show for 1 night there could generate close to 1m for Metallica.

Metallica don't do intimate gigs, granted the report is from 2014, but it's been stated before on other websites that 2-6 million gross figure is what they work off, before anyone takes a cut. 30-60k attendance.

Artist: Metallica
    Venue: Estadio do Morumbi – Sao Paulo, BRA
    Date: Mar. 22nd, 2014
    Gross Sales: $5,701,630
    Attendance/Capacity: 61,742/ 63,347
    Ticket Prices: $257.68, $77.30

Venue: Estadio Unico Ciudad de La Plata – Buenos Aires, ARG
    Date: Mar. 29th-30th, 2014
    Gross Sales: $4,719,390
    Attendance/Capacity: 76,407 / 79,038
    Ticket Prices: $124.87, $31.22

Venue: Parque Bicentenario – Quito, ECU
    Date: Mar. 18th, 2014
    Gross Sales: $3,877,959
    Attendance/Capacity: 32,257 / 32,257
    Ticket Prices: $225, $30

Venue: Estadio Monumental – Santiago, CHL
    Date: Mar. 27th, 2014
    Gross Sales: $3,508,790
    Attendance/Capacity: 43,296 / 43,296
    Ticket Prices: $170.18, $48.37

Venue: Parque Simon Bolivar – Bogota, COL
    Date: Mar. 16th, 2014
    Gross Sales: $2,857,030
    Attendance/Capacity: 30,974 / 34,137
    Ticket Prices: $156.23, $73.23

Venue: Jockey Club – Asuncion, PAR
    Date: Mar. 24th, 2014
    Gross Sales: $2,256,140
    Attendance/Capacity: 28,277 / 32,200
    Ticket Prices: $223.81, $40.29

Venue: Estadio Nacional – Lima, PER
    Date: Mar. 20th, 2014
    Gross Sales: $1,925,090
    Attendance/Capacity: 27,858 / 31,600
    Ticket Prices: $164.23, $18.95

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/earnings-attendance-for-recent-metallica-avenged-sevenfold-tool-and-more-shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I'd love to know what kind of experience you'd have gotten for an $18.95 ticket at the Lima gig!

• Advertisement

Metallica don't do intimate gigs, granted the report is from 2014, but it's been stated before on other websites that 2-6 million gross figure is what they work off, before anyone takes a cut. 30-60k attendance.

Well Don't know about you but I don't consider arena gigs to be "intimate".

They haven't arena tour done in these parts since 09, I'm going off this year the shows over 4 nights in Copenhagen had about 46k fans sure they could double that at 1 of the outdoor shows you've posted above and if they tour in Sept/Oct they'll be playing similar venues they won't be playing fields. Where has it been stated on other websites bout the 2-6m, link please?

Well Don't know about you but I don't consider arena gigs to be "intimate".

They haven't arena tour done in these parts since 09, I'm going off this year the shows over 4 nights in Copenhagen had about 46k fans sure they could double that at 1 of the outdoor shows you've posted above and if they tour in Sept/Oct they'll be playing similar venues they won't be playing fields. Where has it been stated on other websites bout the 2-6m, link please?

It was a link either posted in this thread or the metallica members forum about 2years ago, I can't find it with keywords on Google. But it makes sense, why would you play a gig with anything less than the gross figure I posted above when all the staff , hotels, roadies, management all have to be paid, then it's split 4 ways. It wouldn't really add up to much considering they are the biggest heavy band in the world.

Any way I'm sticking to my earlier post, they won't do an indoor gig in October, no suitable venues.

If they do I'll post a video of me eating my hat :)

Spit out the bone, behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

^^^^^
    I'd much prefer to see behind the music to be honest and I'm sure I am not the only one..Would love see Lars drumming for starters:)

dexter647 wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    I'd much prefer to see behind the music to be honest and I'm sure I am not the only one..Would love see Lars drumming for starters:)

Yeah well they couldn't release the making of for obvious reasons:D, so they released the behind the scenes:pac:

Live debut of "Dream No More" filmed at Foro Sol in Mexico City, Mexico on March 5, 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Making of SOTB out now.

Yeah, I thought they would never do it...

• Advertisement

Escape was never intended for Ride The Lightning according to James.
    Ride the Lightning was the first time we wrote a song in the studio. I remember we had all the songs and Lars said, ‘They want us to record one more, they need one more for the album,'” the frontman began. Continuing, he said, “I was like, ‘You didn’t tell me that…’ So we had to write and it was really last-minute. So ‘Escape’ was one of those songs that was written in the studio.

Advertisement