Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Very disappointed about the lack of a show for us.

Didn't think it would happen if all the shows were going to be indoor. Their stage setup I can't imagine being adequate for the 3 arena since it goes in the middle of the place, seems like too small of a venue. Only way it'll work is if they do 2 shows there without that stage setup they have or maybe an outdoor show in September? The weather should hold up like, we get nice September's.

Bit of a sickener the UK get five shows and Ireland can't get one.

I have been floating the idea around my head about going over to the UK to catch a show maybe even two and make a weekend out of it, being my birthday lands around the same week as the shows, be a nice way to celebrate it, but tickets look pricey as well as a flight, getting a room, and food.....Ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,862 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Very disappointed about the lack of a show for us.

Didn't think it would happen if all the shows were going to be indoor. Their stage setup I can't imagine being adequate for the 3 arena since it goes in the middle of the place, seems like too small of a venue. Only way it'll work is if they do 2 shows there without that stage setup they have or maybe an outdoor show in September? The weather should hold up like, we get nice September's.

Bit of a sickener the UK get five shows and Ireland can't get one.

I have been floating the idea around my head about going over to the UK to catch a show maybe even two and make a weekend out of it, being my birthday lands around the same week as the shows, be a nice way to celebrate it, but tickets look pricey as well as a flight, getting a room, and food.....Ugh!

The Asian leg of the tour earlier this year wasant in the round and they had a standard stage same with the Latin America leg

Prob cheaper to bring the 'in the round' stage too europe than bringing 2 stages. The lack of the Ice Hockey type arena in Dublin is a major reason why were being skipped but they could of easily played Belfast as the arena setup is perfect ???

Love to make a weekend out of it for a uk show but planning on flying over the morning of the Glasgow show and back the next day, book the cheapest/closet hotel to the arena. Already going to Guns N Roses in London in June

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a month between the Cologne & London shows, surely they'd manage to squeeze in a date here, even if it's in Belfast.

Also apparently and I saw this on Twitter, but ticket prices in the U.K are only going to rise due to their exit from the E.U, now how that figures into playing shows I do not know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Maybe they're still working out details for an Irish gig, and they haven't been finalised yet? Hence no date being included...?

Maybe they're still working out details for an Irish gig, and they haven't been finalised yet? Hence no date being included...?

To quote the announcement

'See below for a complete list of all confirmed dates and please note that no additional shows will be added in this part of the world in the immediate future, so you can plan your own leg of the tour now'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Ahh ha ha ha ha:) . No seriously it's up to Irish promoters to invite them and they haven't. Or they have and the venues don't meet requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bit pissed off that there skipping Ireland but Glasgow seems the cheaper option than London or Manchester and no interest in waitng til 2018

Prob fly over the morning off the gig and back the following day, reserved a free cancellation hotel for €91 that's very near the arena

Just over €300 for whole trip (hotel, ticket, flights)

Absolute insanity the prices, cheaped out on the support too

The last time I saw Metallica twas €100 cheaper than that for all these...

m9gZulb.jpg

Ahh ha ha ha ha:) . No seriously it's up to Irish promoters to invite them and they haven't. Or they have and the venues don't meet requirements.

Fair enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Anyone here got a Legacy code that they're not using that they'd be willin to pass on? Only have one year of paid metclub membership from back when the fanclub gigs at the O2 in London time.Regretting not paying a second year of membership now.

sugarman wrote: »
    Seriously doubt there will be any issues with getting tickets between the amount of dates in the UK and the price.

Hopefully, want standing if possible, have fifth member presale but anyone can get that.

• Advertisement

They've only posted "Happy St Patricks Day" with a video of them performing Whiskey in the Jar on their Facebook page.

As expected, tons of comments complaining that they post a Patrick's Day related thing on their page yet snub Ireland for the European Tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

They've only posted "Happy St Patricks Day" with a video of them performing Whiskey in the Jar on their Facebook page.

As expected, tons of comments complaining that they post a Patrick's Day related thing on their page yet snub Ireland for the European Tour.

Saw that, but the bottom line is MCD. Metallica don't personally work out where they will play, it's up to the country's entertainment promoters to invite them and sell tickets. The Garth Brooks fiasco showed us all that MCD promised that cowboy with potentially 8 nights in Dublin. He jizzed himself, then got into a strop when it went pear shaped.

I would guess no promoters have asked their management to play here.

And a Change.org petition to get them here for a gig, like that'd work..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And a Change.org petition to get them here for a gig, like that'd work..

Maybe if it's sent to MCD, everyone loves a trier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

seriously thinking of going to one of these european gigs. odd question for this forum, has anybody done some mountain biking near any of cities on this tour and where would you recommend? thinking of going to one of the gigs and do some mountain biking as well. thanks

Not a hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not a hope

Mickey's right, not a hope, for the promotors to be charging the extortionate prices they are then the band must be costing them a small fortune.

It really REALLY irks me when the band comes out with stuff like 'Only money now is touring', and 'We're only going to play 50 dates per year', of course the money is in touring when your charging well over 100euro per ticket, love the band but getting to the point now that i can't stand what they've become.

The VIP tickets too, the top experience is what, 1,500 and includes the following :-

One (1) premium reserved seat in the first (2) rows
    Enter the venue ‘Through The Never’ Dedicated Entrance
    Meet members of the band backstage before the show**
    Group photograph with all (12) ‘Hardwired Experience’ fans and all (4) members of Metallica
    One (1) autographed setlist signed by all four members of Metallica
    Invitation to the ‘Sanitarium Rubber Room’, featuring:
    Cash bar plus two (2) drink tickets***
    Dinner at the ‘Spit Out The Bone’ Buffet
    Access to the ‘Memory Remains’: A brand new exhibit featuring band memorabilia, performance wardrobes, instruments, personal effects and more****
    One (1) limited-edition Metallica poster
    One (1) Metallica t-shirt
    Private merchandise shopping
    Dedicated on-site staff
    *Limited to (12) fans per show
    **Band Members May Differ Per Show
    ***Local liquor laws apply
    ****Please note, pre-show time and location will vary by venue and may be at an off-site location earlier in the day.

So you're paying that money and still won't get to meet James, unbelievable ted

ooops, i was wrong in the price, it's actually 2,100stg, so the guts of 2,500euro!!!!!!

James & Rob are the only members of Metallica I'd wanna meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    James & Rob are the only members of Metallica I'd wanna meet.

i've met them all apart from Rob, best ever member was Jason, the guy actually spent time with ya, talked to you like a person and seemed interested in what you had to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭briany

scudzilla wrote: »
    i've met them all apart from Rob, best ever member was Jason, the guy actually spent time with ya, talked to you like a person and seemed interested in what you had to say

Yeah, it's well known that Jason was the most out there with fans. Even James said it was like Jason would go find fans to meet rather than them going to find him. I think it's because Jason was a fan himself, and he never lost that attitude even upon joining Metallica.

• Advertisement

Hopefully I get a Glasgow ticket in the legacy pre-sale Tuesday

Manchester could be good as well as its a Saturday and might get in a soccer match that day too. Glasgow is easy to get around though

Hopefully I get a Glasgow ticket in the legacy pre-sale Tuesday

Manchester could be good as well as its a Saturday and might get in a soccer match that day too. Glasgow is easy to get around though

Great venue in Glasgow, saw U2 there on last tour.If I get no ticket for this tour it'll be first time since black album that I have not seen them on a tour.seen them 24 times since 92.

psychozeb wrote: »
    Great venue in Glasgow, saw U2 there on last tour.If I get no ticket for this tour it'll be first time since black album that I have not seen them on a tour.seen them 24 times since 92.

Was in the hydro for the WWE TV tapings last november and it's a brilliant venue but my god the bar staff are slow

Only saw Metallica twice and both were 2008/2009 in Marlay Park. Always wanted to see them indoors

Disturbed/Sabbath/Maiden/Aerosmith/Guns n roses/u2 and Metallica in the one year ****ing amazing

Was in the hydro for the WWE TV tapings last november and it's a brilliant venue but my god the bar staff are slow

Only saw Metallica twice and both were 2008/2009 in Marlay Park. Always wanted to see them indoors

Disturbed/Sabbath/Maiden/Aerosmith/Guns n roses/u2 and Metallica in the one year ****ing amazing
    Similar yo myself besides the Disturbed gig. Maiden in Dublin,2 nights London, GnRs in London, U2 Dublin and loads of other smaller gigs.really kicking myself now for not having a second year of fanclub membership paid.hopefully will still get a ticket for Saturday in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saw that, but the bottom line is MCD. Metallica don't personally work out where they will play, it's up to the country's entertainment promoters to invite them and sell tickets. The Garth Brooks fiasco showed us all that MCD promised that cowboy with potentially 8 nights in Dublin. He jizzed himself, then got into a strop when it went pear shaped.

I would guess no promoters have asked their management to play here.

Aiken were looking after that cowboy :confused:

No point making excuses over promoters/venues etc. the reason their management didn't pencil the band in here is because they couldn't be arsed.

The most reasonable conclusion is that they didn't come as it keeps the iron hot for the inevitable festival off date in 2018 where they'll be playing fields.

Just to rub it in :rolleyes: For whom the bell Trolls eh

Hopefully I get sorted for my Glasgow ticket In the pre sale 2morrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Hopefully I get sorted for my Glasgow ticket In the pre sale 2morrow

Hope you get them, im hoping for 2 in Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Are the UK gigs likely to sell out quickly?

Degag wrote: »
    Are the UK gigs likely to sell out quickly?

hard too knw as they are playing 5 shows in 4 different venues in different parts of the UK but this is there first Arena tour of the UK in a while on top of a wonderful Hardwired TSD album, A lot Of Irish and fans from outside the UK will travel too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hmmm, SSE in Glasgow; seated (bringing the other half) or standing ... for anyone who has been there, if seated, what's the best seating section? Otherwise it's standing because my personal opinion is "who the f*ck sits at a rock/metal gig?!!"

Roll on the pre-sales tomorrow :D

Advertisement