Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,862 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lemming wrote: »
    Hmmm, SSE in Glasgow; seated (bringing the other half) or standing ... for anyone who has been there, if seated, what's the best seating section? Otherwise it's standing because my personal opinion is "who the f*ck sits at a rock/metal gig?!!"

Roll on the pre-sales tomorrow :D

Any seat would be good i imagine as the stage is in the middle of the arena

16764s.gif

heres a pic from the WWE shows there last Nov (Sec 205 Row E)
    15078673_10207378755219150_6086024040130198329_n.jpg?oh=e4840603b2f26a0a6d1910f3979a3014&oe=5957F2CE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I thought the seating in the 3 Arena was flexible(i.e it can be moved around)? Surely they can accommodate Metallica's stage set up in it?
    I remember they crammed in the Snakepit and the in the round stages in the old Point in the 90s?

Surely they can do the same for this tour??

Or maybe they just aren't being offered enough $ to play?

Glasgow ticket got

Block 206 Row A E117.17 (£101.45)

plenty more concerts to go before this

hope everyone else got lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Glasgow ticket got

Block 206 Row A E117.17 (£101.45)

plenty more concerts to go before this

hope everyone else got lucky

x2 Glasgow standing tickets at £96.50 each sorted. This will be the first time my other half has been to a Metallica gig and it's the week of her birthday so well timed.

It's on like donkey-kong b1tches! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Got sorted for the Tues in London. Happy days
    The Sunday in London seemed to be gone instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Got sorted for the Tues in London. Happy days
    The Sunday in London seemed to be gone instantly.
    I don't think so? I had a couple of seated tickets and had to back out and look for more when I messed up my billing address. I got slightly "worse" ones but they seemed easy enough to get.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    I don't think so? I had a couple of seated tickets and had to back out and look for more when I messed up my billing address. I got slightly "worse" ones but they seemed easy enough to get.

Sorry I meant for standing rather than gone altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Sorted for Manchester, great seats Block 115. This will be a quick easy jaunt from Knock Airport to Liverpool, just stay the 1 night.

Trying to get tickets for Amsterdam as well, enjoy a couple nights there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I thought the seating in the 3 Arena was flexible(i.e it can be moved around)? Surely they can accommodate Metallica's stage set up in it?
    I remember they crammed in the Snakepit and the in the round stages in the old Point in the 90s?

Surely they can do the same for this tour??

Or maybe they just aren't being offered enough $ to play?

They didnt do the 92 point gig in the round, did the 96 point gig in the round and it was pretty poor as a result IMO

Bambi wrote: »
    They didnt do the 92 point gig in the round, did the 96 point gig in the round and it was pretty poor as a result IMO

The 96 gig was savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was at 92 and 96 gigs. 96 way better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Bambi wrote: »

92 gig was in the round also.99 gig had standard stage set up

Got Sunday seated for London but fairly high up.London standing all gone early. Switched to Birmingham and had two standing but verified messed that up so ended up losing them.by the time that got sorted had a go at London again then.will try again in general sale and if I get standing will flog the seated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

psychozeb wrote: »
    92 gig was in the round also.99 gig had standard stage set up

92 definitely wasn't in the round. They had the snakpit alright and Lars' drum kit did rotate around the stage a bit but all the audience was in front of the stage

92 definitely wasn't in the round. They had the snakpit alright and Lars' drum kit did rotate around the stage a bit but all the audience was in front of the stage

The nowhere else to roam ('92) tour had two stage configurations; arena-rock with the pit in the middle, and a traditional stage set-up with the pit sticking out the front of the stage, which is what I seem to recall Dublin getting (I wasn't there for that gig).

'96 was an arena-rock stage, '99 was traditional stage setup (with no pit).

psychozeb wrote: »
    Got Sunday seated for London but fairly high up.London standing all gone early. Switched to Birmingham and had two standing but verified messed that up so ended up losing them.by the time that got sorted had a go at London again then.will try again in general sale and if I get standing will flog the seated.

You know though that the tickets have your name printed on them and ID is needed to get in. So if selling you'd need to be going also as far as I know....

You know though that the tickets have your name printed on them and ID is needed to get in. So if selling you'd need to be going also as far as I know....

Know lads in London that might take them off me.

FYI folks, all of the allocated fan-club pre-sales are sold out, with the exception of Oct 24th in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got a Manchester ticket this morning in the fifth member presale.
    Never seen them indoors, so should be funsies!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

For some reason, I thought they went on sale this evening. Missed out on tickets. Hopefully get some on Friday...

• Advertisement

feylya wrote: »
    For some reason, I thought they went on sale this evening. Missed out on tickets. Hopefully get some on Friday...

Fey, if you've got something like O2 Priority, those ticket sales go on sale tomorrow morning at 09.00; some of the venues (like the SSE in Glasgow) have their own VIP schemes that will go on sale tomorrow morning too.

Also, the O2 arena fan-club tickets for London (Tues 24th October) have not sold out (just checked again).

20170210_004610_7549_968612.jpeg

Photo from Denmark not even a big screen :(

very possible for that stage to be in the 3arena :mad::mad::mad:

They had 2 drum kits on that night. And I think it WAS ITR???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

They had 2 drum kits on that night. And I think it WAS ITR???

Nope, definitely not itr. Had the snake pit protruding from center stage, triangular shape with ramp around.

He's right about the 2 drum kits though. I'd forgotten about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

He's right about the 2 drum kits though. I'd forgotten about that.

Definitely 2 kits but the stage was the ITR stage but pushed back against the back wall of the Point so only the front part had fans around it.

I remember having a big poster on my wall from that tour with a pic of the stage in a US arena and being disappointed on arriving at the Point to see the scaled back version we got. Still a brilliant gig,I'd cringe now though if any band done the intermittent live link to the dressing room with the band goofing around bit.

Thinking back, wtf was the point of the 2 drum kits, apart from stroking Lars' ego?

Thinking back, wtf was the point of the 2 drum kits, apart from stroking Lars' ego?

Aside from an ego trip for Lars and a chance for James and Lars to good about on 2 kits,i suppose it meant that at different stages the drum kit was near different fans and not too one side of the stage so one side of the stage only got to see Lars in action.

1119939_10151569297125264_2047462758_o.jpg

Great stage in fairness,my first Metallica show. I've never come across a bootleg of it though, would love to listen back to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lord lucan wrote: »
    Great stage in fairness,my first Metallica show. I've never come across a bootleg of it though, would love to listen back to it now.

i think i might have a wee bit of that gig on tape somewhere

Advertisement