Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i think i might have a wee bit of that gig on tape somewhere

If you do and can digitise it i would be most appreciative​. I put a good chunk of the '96 show on YouTube off of an old bootleg tape i had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lord lucan wrote: »
    If you do and can digitise it i would be most appreciative​. I put a good chunk of the '96 show on YouTube off of an old bootleg tape i had.

i ll try dig it out, im fairly sure its from the point in '92. its only a couple of songs if i can remember correctly. can you recommend anyways to digitise it? please be aware, its only an audio copy.

ah twas yourself that uploaded the '96 gig, much appreciated, that was my first metallica gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,862 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

1119939_10151569297125264_2047462758_o.jpg

Great stage in fairness,my first Metallica show. I've never come across a bootleg of it though, would love to listen back to it now.

The worldwired stage looks the same size as that and that stage fitted into the old point, so why can't the worldwired stage work in the 3arena ???

Prob MCD didn't offer enough $$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

1119939_10151569297125264_2047462758_o.jpg

Great stage in fairness,my first Metallica show. I've never come across a bootleg of it though, would love to listen back to it now.

Have it on cassette alright,should have photos from a disposable camera also somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I may have a copy on tape - RecordCollector on Wicklow St. in Dublin used to sell bootlegs of it way, way, wayyyyyyy back in the day. Of course you'll have to wait until I'm next back home in Ireland to have a rummage for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lemming wrote: »
    I may have a copy on tape - RecordCollector on Wicklow St. in Dublin used to sell bootlegs of it way, way, wayyyyyyy back in the day. Of course you'll have to wait until I'm next back home in Ireland to have a rummage for it.

what was the name of the corner shop on the quays that use to sell bootlegs during the 90's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

what was the name of the corner shop on the quays that use to sell bootlegs during the 90's?

The yellow fronted place?

Was it Freebird next to the Bus Stop newsagents on Eden Quay? I used to buy them from Record Collector myself or the guy on O'Connell Bridge who had them in a big suitcase.

Got my bootlegs on O'Connell bridge,used to be a place down a steep stairs on Wicklow street and also upstairs next to Borderline in temple bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

psychozeb wrote: »
    Got my bootlegs on O'Connell bridge,used to be a place down a steep stairs on Wicklow street and also upstairs next to Borderline in temple bar.

The Sound Cellar!:)

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The Sound Cellar!:)

That's on Nassau st., there was another place called Record Collector on Wicklow st. nearly opposite where Tower Records is that had a lot of rare stuff and bootlegs.

That's on Nassau st., there was another place called Record Collector on Wicklow st. nearly opposite where Tower Records is that had a lot of rare stuff and bootlegs.

That's the one,they moved down to the quays I think.had some amount of U2 stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gonna try for Manchester tomorrow. Will it be easy enough to get tickets I wonder, anyone any experience getting tickets to UK shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

D.Q wrote: »
    Gonna try for Manchester tomorrow. Will it be easy enough to get tickets I wonder, anyone any experience getting tickets to UK shows

Yup the arena is uses Eventim as a ticket seller so they'll likely have a bigger allocation than TM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

No tickets available. :mad:

All tickets gone everywhere. What the ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

D.Q wrote: »
    All tickets gone everywhere. What the ****

Probably bought up by the re-sellers, same búllshít that goes on over here.

Every gig like. Seating and standing.

Got standing for Sunday in London on Ax's,had two seated and buddie asked for them for him and his son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Genuinely surprised it sold out everywhere. The last time they played here I tickets were ten a penny, and that was with Alice in Chains supporting!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Somehow managed to get two standing for London. Had to select split seats though... **** it, I'm going though :D

£12.75 in fees on axs that was ridiculous was £9 on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Eventim for Manchester and AXS for London are official selling partners, TM are saving their allocation majority for seatwave :)

Still single seats on Ticketmaster for Sunday gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Managed to get standing through livenation for birmingham

Ended up getting a standing ticket for Glasgow,skipped the presale as i wasn't really too fussed on seeing them again at those prices.

Tbh the prices for an indoor show are ridiculous now. I went to 8 shows across the US, UK,Ireland and Europe on the World Magnetic Tour and they were nowhere near that expensive. I'll do one date on this tour as i really don't fancy waiting for a potential outdoor gig here, getting too old and annoyed by outdoor gigs these days.

Managed to get two tickets standing for London on the Sunday. Through AXS. Ticketmaster are a disgrace.

Just wondering for standing tickets did people just go best available? While in the waiting room it was showing standing sold out so I just went with best available. Didn't realise I managed to get standing till I received the e-mail confirmation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Would be some gimmick to have Metallica on a standard stage... Lars in the middle on a small riser.... Rob on the left... Kirk on the right James hetfield in the middle....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

psychozeb wrote: »
    Just wondering for standing tickets did people just go best available? While in the waiting room it was showing standing sold out so I just went with best available. Didn't realise I managed to get standing till I received the e-mail confirmation.

I went with standing and the best tier of seating, with split seats. Got two standing in the end.

Advertisement