Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,862 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw Metallica are not u2 or Kiss etc and don't put on this huge stage show but the prices suggest this will tour will.be a huge stage show and when you look at pics from the Copenhagen shows its the opposite. It's just a 360 stage In the middle of the arena no big screens, no props etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

lord lucan wrote: »
    I used to buy them from Record Collector myself or the guy on O'Connell Bridge who had them in a big suitcase.

Ah, memories! I had forgotten completely about him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Got 3 for Cologne as well. Happy****ingout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    20170210_004610_7549_968612.jpeg

Photo from Denmark not even a big screen :(

very possible for that stage to be in the 3arena :mad::mad::mad:
    The worldwired stage looks the same size as that and that stage fitted into the old point, so why can't the worldwired stage work in the 3arena ???

Prob MCD didn't offer enough $$$$$

You're seeing them in Glasgow??, quit complaining man.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You're seeing them in Glasgow??, quit complaining man.

yeah true

going over solo but staying next door to the arena (campanile Hotel), so will prob hang out at the bar there all day and after. Back to the airport next morning and home

yeah true

going over solo but staying next door to the arena (campanile Hotel), so will prob hang out at the bar there all day and after. Back to the airport next morning and home

Exactly.

Go see bits of Glasgow if ya get the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Exactly.

Go see bits of Glasgow if ya get the opportunity.

Might I recommend St. Mungo's museum of art - last time I was there it held Salvadore Dali's painting of Christ on the cross - and the Necropolis across the road on the east side of the city? Also the science centre is on the opposite side of the Clyde to the venue is fun. And the Willow tea rooms on Buchanan st. are an interesting lunchtime jaunt. You can also do those hop-on/hop-off bus tours around the city centre. There's f*ck tonnes more to see and do in Glasgow, those are just some of the more 'cultural' things to see and/or do rather than find the nearest bar; it's an awesome city.

There's always the Cathouse which I'm sure will be open after the gig ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

What is the song Trapped Under Ice about do you think? Trying to figure it out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A wild guess from me would be about crystal meth controlling ones life. Could be way off though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Mushy wrote: »
    A wild guess from me would be about crystal meth controlling ones life. Could be way off though!

Jasus, never thought of the song like that before, sounds different now ha ha..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thinking back, wtf was the point of the 2 drum kits, apart from stroking Lars' ego?

None whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Did anyone else see the April fools setlist on instagram and think "I'd give me left nut to see that!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSXKA89gra7/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

Did anyone else see the April fools setlist on instagram and think "I'd give me left nut to see that!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSXKA89gra7/

It's sad they treat this set as a joke. If they mixed things up more often maybe they wouldn't be so bankrupt of ideas, and I'd have the desire to see them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

fluke wrote: »
    It's sad they treat this set as a joke. If they mixed things up more often maybe they wouldn't be so bankrupt of ideas, and I'd have the desire to see them again.

couldn't have said that better myself, all about getting the desire to see them again, and with the current stale setlists i have no wish to shell out a fortune to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

scudzilla wrote: »
    couldn't have said that better myself, all about getting the desire to see them again, and with the current stale setlists i have no wish to shell out a fortune to do so

They know well that would be a belter, it would fcuk Lars up though, "spit out the bone" after extacy of Gold? Bit like doing blackened or dyres eve.

Trolls, Trolls they are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

They know well that would be a belter, it would fcuk Lars up though, "spit out the bone" after extacy of Gold? Bit like doing blackened or dyres eve.

Trolls, Trolls they are :)
    Better chance of him doing it someway decent early in the show when he is fresh though.

Perhaps they are no longer any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Have ye heard Robert Trujillo's 12 year old son is stepping in for Korn's bassist on tour for a string of shows?

Kid is pretty good too

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/12-year-old-son-of-metallicas-robert-trujillo-to-tour-with-korn/

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Have ye heard Robert Trujillo's 12 year old son is stepping in for Korn's bassist on tour for a string of shows?

Kid is pretty good too

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/12-year-old-son-of-metallicas-robert-trujillo-to-tour-with-korn/

got his dads talent and looks anyway

bit Korny (ill get my coat :D) that an adult band like Korn cant find a grown up bassist to fill in for the shows but if youre good enough your old enough i suppose. Best of luck to the young guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

got his dads talent and looks anyway

bit Korny (ill get my coat :D) that an adult band like Korn cant find a grown up bassist to fill in for the shows but if youre good enough your old enough i suppose. Best of luck to the young guy

That's what I thought. Pure publicity stunt and many's the bassist around America must be bummed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone order from the European Metallica online store?
    I was in US recently,and bought an "L" tshirt, which was like an "XL" European tshirt.
    Are the tshirts in the Euro store Euro sizes? Or American sizes?

I'd say with Brexit and Trump they will be the European.

Mushy wrote: »

Checked it out there, it's about a lad being trapped under ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

zcorpian88 wrote: »

Kid is pretty good too

What an awful version of that song PR stunt from Korn

https://twitter.com/larsulrich/status/859769562962681857
    Beyond excited to tell you that I’ll be hosting my own show, #ItsElectric, on @Beats1 starting this Sunday! http://apple.co/Beats1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

metallica on sky arts now

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Just re watching the Lars interview with Brian Johnson as well from Sky Arts.
    He was showing flags they've collected from tours, spotted a Dublin '03 one, think I was at that one (RDS?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just re watching the Lars interview with Brian Johnson as well from Sky Arts.
    He was showing flags they've collected from tours, spotted a Dublin '03 one, think I was at that one (RDS?)

yea i think that was the rds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Had to check
    The Darkness and Linkin Park supported that year. Enjoyed that one a lot actually (even Linkin Park!)

Advertisement