Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Had to check
    The Darkness and Linkin Park supported that year. Enjoyed that one a lot actually (even Linkin Park!)

ah im sick of outdoors gigs, always ****e sound

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ah im sick of outdoors gigs, always ****e sound

Fully agree now but I was young then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

THE RDS years were great....apart from the Whiskey chanters, i remember in marlay park they played whiskey 2nd song in to shut them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Had to check
    The Darkness and Linkin Park supported that year. Enjoyed that one a lot actually (even Linkin Park!)

Loved that gig. Cracking weather. Poor Linkin Park got booed, but I really liked them at the time. And it was that time that Darkness burst on to the scene.

Loved that gig. Cracking weather. Poor Linkin Park got booed, but I really liked them at the time. And it was that time that Darkness burst on to the scene.

In fairness to metallica fans we got awful grief for bottling the lost prophets, however i'm glad our true intentions came to light. Always on the ball to hunt and ridicule extreme paedos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

In fairness to metallica fans we got awful grief for bottling the lost prophets, however i'm glad our true intentions came to light. Always on the ball to hunt and ridicule extreme paedos.

Anyone who bottles any band is an utter tosser no doubt about it, that paedo made his friends jobless, tip; don't bother attending awful bands.

Anyone who bottles any band is an utter tosser no doubt about it, that paedo made his friends jobless, tip; don't bother attending awful bands.

I was joking!

yes I'd imagine it's hard for the band to distance themselves from him

I was joking!

yes I'd imagine it's hard for the band to distance themselves from him

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What do you mean? Linkin Park got whacked out of it too. They got so frustrated Han even started throwing stuff back into the crowd. And Metallica made a point of referencing them after they played through all that crap.

I think it was just a very common thing at the time. I was at Download around then it happened there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was at Reading Fest years ago, probably late 80's, people were throwing shit at L7 on stage, Donita Sparks pulled out her used tampon, lobbed it at the crowd saying "You hurl Mud, i'll hurl blood" :pac::pac: with a bit of :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Left out this bit

"with all members of the band"

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Left out this bit

"with all members of the band"

Still, who wants to hear any sort of drum solo in this day and age?

Rush fans, when the band were touring, but then again Neil Peart has/had the chops to pull off a drum solo.

Lars drumming as already has been well covered multiple times over, cannot.

Kirk did an interesting Alfred Hitchcock inspired solo in the 91 tour, other than that unless they resurrect Cliff for a solo I've no interest in any metallica members noodling....

Rush fans, when the band were touring, but then again Neil Peart has/had the chops to pull off a drum solo.

Lars drumming as already has been well covered multiple times over, cannot.

I hate all solos at gigs - drum, guitar, piano, bass, whatever. That's why I find GnR gigs so frustrating. Just play some f*&king songs.

I hate all solos at gigs - drum, guitar, piano, bass, whatever. That's why I find GnR gigs so frustrating. Just play some f*&king songs.

Guess they ain't for everyone, regardless of chops. Solos at GN'R gig have been cut down to just Slash's The Godfather cover seguing into Sweet Child, and that's the only solo that should be at a Guns show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Kirk did an interesting Alfred Hitchcock inspired solo in the 91 tour, other than that unless they resurrect Cliff for a solo I've no interest in any metallica members noodling....

Man I love all of the noodles. The Jason/Kirk noodle in 97 and the drum solo in 92. Especially the TLITD noodle in 89. Unreal. Some of the recent ones have been pretty good like kirk's clean ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Me for one. :D

What irritates me is the whole 'just get on with it and play songs' brigade. I feel like telling to just go home and listen to the albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I see they trolled the crowd with the start of spit out the bone during rehearsal the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I don't know why they don't want to play it, it's basically metal militia with "one" drumming.

Guess they ain't for everyone, regardless of chops. Solos at GN'R gig have been cut down to just Slash's The Godfather cover seguing into Sweet Child, and that's the only solo that should be at a Guns show.

Really? partial to a solo myself as long as it's not over indulgent or tis a beer run/piss break, Slash w/conspirators in the Olympia 10 minute solo during Rocket Queen was borderline irritable felt sorry for the bass player tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Saw Black Label Society @ DL in 2012. Zakk Wylde took numerous lengthly solos. Tasteless guitarist. He's physically very co-ordinated, thats about the extent of his talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

D.Q wrote: »
    Saw Black Label Society @ DL in 2012. Zakk Wylde took numerous lengthly solos. Tasteless guitarist. He's physically very co-ordinated, thats about the extent of his talent.

I thought the same until I started to follow his Instagram page. His talent extends way beyond fast solos let me tell you. The man is a god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I thought the same until I started to follow his Instagram page. His talent extends way beyond fast solos let me tell you. The man is a god.

Don't know his stuff at all, but I suspect he's not worthy of the 'God' title. Now Rory Gallagher on the other hand!

Don't know his stuff at all, but I suspect he's not worthy of the 'God' title. Now Rory Gallagher on the other hand!

Book Of Shadows I & II, mostly acoustic w/some electric, really good stuff.

That's if your looking for recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Probably my favourite live music video of all time!

D.Q wrote: »

Saw BLS at Graspop 1st or second band I watched that day...worst hang over ever!! :D

Was at that DL after that, friend was keen on BLS so I f'd off to watch Seb Bach instead good decision! also got the you told me but I didn't listen look when I met back up with him :) .

Love those Ozzy albums he's on and a chunk of BLS but live...yeh soz Zakk I'm alright thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Any word/mention/rumour of a gig in Ireland?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement