Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If I wanted to go see them on this tour, is there tickets still going anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Any sightings of Lars around today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,869 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

seachto7 wrote: »
    Any sightings of Lars around today?

Prob at the Justin Beiber show in the RDS lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

He'll probably be here for a day or so then be at Glasto for the weekend, we all know how he's a king ligger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

These guys are the best I've came across as a tribute band and tbh for a moment I thought that was Hetfield up there with them:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Ed Sheeran has been announced for a gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in May next year.

If I were a betting man I would put a few quid on that being the venue for Metallica in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

If I were a betting man I would put a few quid on that being the venue for Metallica in 2018.

No way that they'll be playing there.would be too big.it'll be Dublin or Belfast if anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

psychozeb wrote: »
    No way that they'll be playing there.would be too big.it'll be Dublin or Belfast if anywhere

My money is on Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Didn't they say there'd be no further dates added to the European leg of the tour?

Didn't they say there'd be no further dates added to the European leg of the tour?

They did actually....my money is on...nowhere in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

psychozeb wrote: »

You are probably right. But with the scale of the current tour and the fact that they've sold out stadiums across Europe a year in advance I can't see them coming to Ireland for anything less than stadium-capacity gig.

The Aviva and Croke Park are bigger than PuC and by all accounts the Three /02 Point Arena or whatever it's called these days is too small. Thomond Park might be an option too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

they could support Ed Sheeran here next year ............

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

You are probably right. But with the scale of the current tour and the fact that they've sold out stadiums across Europe a year in advance I can't see them coming to Ireland for anything less than stadium-capacity gig.

The Aviva and Croke Park are bigger than PuC and by all accounts the Three /02 Point Arena or whatever it's called these days is too small. Thomond Park might be an option too.

Thomond is 25,600 for concerts so might be possible but getting there is awkward unless driving.Cork and Dublin/Belfast crowds would have to change at Limerick junction if going by train.venues south of the country are really only suitable for bigger artists that can draw a crowd in the immediate area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I'll do bookie if you want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They did actually....my money is on...nowhere in Ireland.

Yeah, no chance we'll get anywhere on this leg at least

Reckon they'll be back in Europe next summer for their bi-annual headlining slot at Donington, IF we get a date, it'll be around then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

And Justice For All is my fave.

They're getting better at spit out the bone, it the latest tuning room video Rob says at the start "We won't be playing that until September" and there was the end of what sounded like spit.

My Money is on 2nd September Copenhagen Denmark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Am heading to Birmingham show and was thinking of heading to Manchester show too but I see tickets are all sold out. I wonder should I book a flight and hope I pick some up on the day? Any other sources for tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,869 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I see Arcade Fire are doing an 'In The Round' show in the 3arena next April

Id say it would cost Metallica too much $$$$ too play the 3arena as they would have too modify it a bit. The band surly love Ireland going by the amount of times they played here in the past and the face Lars was here last month. Im seeing them in Glasgow anyway :p:p:D:D. 2009 Dublin and 2010 Belfast was the last time they were here

Am heading to Birmingham show and was thinking of heading to Manchester show too but I see tickets are all sold out. I wonder should I book a flight and hope I pick some up on the day? Any other sources for tickets?

Seatwave €160 for a ticket in Birmingham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't get the obsession with Metallica's stage set up if they were to play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Going to London but very annoyed at no Dublin show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't get the obsession with Metallica's stage set up if they were to play here.

Is it not more the case that they are touring with a stage that won't fit in any of our venues, so they physically can't fit. And in fairness to them, I don't think they'd be arsed bringing a second stage just for Ireland. Being an island there's enough of an extra cost with playing here as it as, as they'd have to ship everything in for only the one show. At least in the UK they can use road to transport the rigs between a few spots and get more bang for their buck.

Is it not more the case that they are touring with a stage that won't fit in any of our venues, so they physically can't fit. And in fairness to them, I don't think they'd be arsed bringing a second stage just for Ireland. Being an island there's enough of an extra cost with playing here as it as, as they'd have to ship everything in for only the one show. At least in the UK they can use road to transport the rigs between a few spots and get more bang for their buck.

They could just setup the new outdoor stage in Marley park.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

James gave his 2 cents on the Jenner sisters and their t-shirt line.
    I guess what they were thinking is, We can do whatever we want, To me it's disrespectful. We've spent 36 years working, doing our best, to keep a really close connection with people and make every note count, And someone just throws something up over something that we feel – not that it's sacred or anything – but show some respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's a story you've been sold and you seem to have bought it. As I said previously no point playing Dublin sadly as it keeps the Iron hot for the inevitable show in a field.

That's a story you've been sold and you seem to have bought it. As I said previously no point playing Dublin sadly as it keeps the Iron hot for the inevitable show in a field.

There's no reason why they can't setup the current outdoor stage in Marley park, it's the same size as the one in 2009, it's just got an M and and A hanging out the sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    James gave his 2 cents on the Jenner sisters and their t-shirt line.

What's the issue brother?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What's the issue brother?

They released these t-shirts which basically had themselves (the Jenner's) superimposed over images of iconic rock and rap stars. Biggie's family were giving out about it and the line got pulled. I think they might have had Metallica as one of the artists.

• Advertisement

They could just setup the new outdoor stage in Marley park.

It's a shame really as I'd much rather see them indoors, rather than outdoors which will inevitably attract the typical event junkie with no clue about the bands actually on stage.

Advertisement