Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,869 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a shame really as I'd much rather see them indoors, rather than outdoors which will inevitably attract the typical event junkie with no clue about the bands actually on stage.

Im fed up of seeing them in Marley Park and not be able too see the stage fully and thats why im heading too Glasgow in October. Sound will be top notch, guranteed view of the stage and i can make a holiday out of it. Dont get me wrong i would go and see them in a heartbeat if they do play Ireland (which they will in the next couple of years) but want too see them indoors.

They might do the Euro summer festival circuit in 2018 and we might get a outdoor show here but its doubtful. There in Europe September-Nov 2017 and then again Feb-Apr 2018 so you never knw they might do another American leg in summer 2018 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They released these t-shirts which basically had themselves (the Jenner's) superimposed over images of iconic rock and rap stars. Biggie's family were giving out about it and the line got pulled. I think they might have had Metallica as one of the artists.

Yeah they did have a Metallica one, the Kill 'Em All album cover, with one of them super-imposed over said album cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah they did have a Metallica one, the Kill 'Em All album cover, with one of them super-imposed over said album cover.

fcuking parasites! I hate the sight of those no talent fools.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    fcuking parasites! I hate the sight of those no talent fools.

It was cheap and tacky, and them piggy backing off of someone else's work, and charging $125 per t-shirt. Self important vacuous twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

It was cheap and tacky, and them piggy backing off of someone else's work, and charging $125 per t-shirt. Self important vacuous twats.

You can be sued for $250000 if you call it a man.ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's no reason why they can't setup the current outdoor stage in Marley park, it's the same size as the one in 2009, it's just got an M and and A hanging out the sides.

But that rig is in the U.S, too costly to bring it here for the odd show

scudzilla wrote: »
    But that rig is in the U.S, too costly to bring it here for the odd show

The rig in 2009 is the same deal, it's the 6.4 million gross figures that metallica work off now, that's a guaranteed 30k attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Am heading to Birmingham show and was thinking of heading to Manchester show too but I see tickets are all sold out. I wonder should I book a flight and hope I pick some up on the day? Any other sources for tickets?

I have 2 decent seated tickets for the Manchester show that I may be getting rid of. I'm heading over to see them in Cologne in September and was hoping to bring herself to the Manchester gig, but our new arrival won't take a bottle so we may not be able to go (I'm going to Cologne with some mates so I don't think I'll be allowed another jaunt without herself ha ha).

I'll pm you when I know more, if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

I have 2 decent seated tickets for the Manchester show that I may be getting rid of. I'm heading over to see them in Cologne in September and was hoping to bring herself to the Manchester gig, but our new arrival won't take a bottle so we may not be able to go (I'm going to Cologne with some mates so I don't think I'll be allowed another jaunt without herself ha ha).

I'd be interested. I've sent you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

That would be great thanks!

• Advertisement

Jayus the setlist has the entire show on them even what to do before/after songs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXKRBoLgbV7/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jayus the setlist has the entire show on them even what to do before/after songs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXKRBoLgbV7/

Yeah that's pretty standard. They have all that "hang" or "8 count* so it can all be as tight as possible. They've been doing it forever afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Yeah that's pretty standard. They have all that "hang" or "8 count* so it can all be as tight as possible. They've been doing it forever afaik

Some of that is also for the lights/pyro guys so they all know exactly what's to happen. They're a well oiled machine at this stage.

I'd imagine well the pyro guys anyways at least, would need that kind of information on the set-list for when to cue the pyro in certain parts of songs. And probably also to make sure no-one suffers the fate James suffered in '92 in Canada..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone listen to Lars' show on Apple Radio? I had a listen to one or two episodes (and discovered Warrior Soul as a result).

I haven't listened to this week's episode but Kirk is the guest and James and Rob are on in the coming weeks too.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Some of that is also for the lights/pyro guys so they all know exactly what's to happen. They're a well oiled machine at this stage.

Yep just look for the recent Toronto gig I think it was, the acoustic guitar wasn't tuned right, James kicked it off the stage. Don't mess up the set or else:pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Isn't there a clip of fade to black where James goes to play the "nó one but mé.." riff and and he's on his own.... The lights are on him.... And his tech forgets to press the heavy pedal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Isn't there a clip of fade to black where James goes to play the "nó one but mé.." riff and and he's on his own.... The lights are on him.... And his tech forgets to press the heavy pedal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Here where can you listen to Lars' podcast? It's not showing up on podcast addict, is it an apple music only thing?

Here where can you listen to Lars' podcast? It's not showing up on podcast addict, is it an apple music only thing?

Yeah it's an Apple Music only thing. Under the radio section.

Just about everything gets uploaded somewhere by someone these days so I'd imagine it's out there somewhere if you're not a subscriber.

I've only listened to a few episodes and it's not bad. He's actually a decent enough host which surprised me. This week's episode with Kirk was quite enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's an Apple Music only thing. Under the radio section.

Just about everything gets uploaded somewhere by someone these days so I'd imagine it's out there somewhere if you're not a subscriber.

I've only listened to a few episodes and it's not bad. He's actually a decent enough host which surprised me. This week's episode with Kirk was quite enjoyable.

Cool I'll download it on Napster or something ;) In seriousness was looking forward to the Kirk episode so I'll have to acquire it somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yep just look for the recent Toronto gig I think it was, the acoustic guitar wasn't tuned right, James kicked it off the stage. Don't mess up the set or else:pac:.

Yikes! I wonder how often they fire their techs!

Bit of a shower thought but why the fuck didn't they put Hate Train on Death Magnetic. I absolutely love it!

One thing im a bit disappointed in for the upcoming Metallica European tour is the support act. The US leg got a bit of quality in Volbeat, Gorja and A7X and Europe is getting a Norwegian band which a weird name. The Kvelertak i heard is alright but would of much rathered Volbeat

One thing im a bit disappointed in for the upcoming Metallica European tour is the support act. The US leg got a bit of quality in Volbeat, Gorja and A7X and Europe is getting a Norwegian band which a weird name. The Kvelertak i heard is alright but would of much rathered Volbeat

Well to quote The Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

Well to quote The Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

True but happy to be seeing Metallica anyway

Hopefully I meet a few fans in the hotel but if I don't I'll enjoy my owe company and get very drunk lol. In Glasgow Airport there's a Wetherspoons and a carry out in Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

America got stadiums, Europe is indoors. And on the continent, Volbeat are absolutely massive they'd sell a lot of the venues themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

The first Kvelertak is seriously good, their more recent stuff not so much. But I'd rather them than a commercial band aimed at teenagers, like A7X.

• Advertisement

Advertisement