Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    There's a few lads here who need to get the ol' irony-ometers serviced.

Irony?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Did anybody receive their London tickets yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saw that slipknot thing in Dundrum cinema last night... You should see their M & G:)... One big cuddle fest

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

glucifer wrote: »
    Did anybody receive their London tickets yet?

Not yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,869 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw that slipknot thing in Dundrum cinema last night... You should see their M & G:)... One big cuddle fest

Was it a good movie ???

Might buy the DVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

feylya wrote: »
    Not yet

Thought you had to download them?

Degag wrote: »
    Thought you had to download them?

No you had to buy a physical ticket and there was a delivery charge too, no sign of an yet anyway

I don't think they broke the bank much for the set of the indoor tour. A few cubes with pics on them lol but the main thing is there sounding well

Extra tickets for the UK tour just released. I just bought standing for London 5 minutes ago. Get on it if you wanna go!!
    https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/metallica-tickets?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=owned_social&utm_campaign=metallica_2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

glucifer wrote: »
    Extra tickets for the UK tour just released. I just bought standing for London 5 minutes ago. Get on it if you wanna go!!
    https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/metallica-tickets?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=owned_social&utm_campaign=metallica_2017

Thanks a lot for the link.
    I am having problems ordering, I keep getting an error message when i go to process the payment. Hopefully there will still be some available tomorrow after I get on to the bank about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Would love to see them once more indoors

I'm not really into remastered edition of albums so have no interest in getting the new MOP but thought the hardcover book might be good to look at and at only $8, it looked like a decent buy. But when shipping turned out to be $26.80, I exited the store quite quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I'm not really into remastered edition of albums so have no interest in getting the new MOP but thought the hardcover book might be good to look at and at only $8, it looked like a decent buy. But when shipping turned out to be $26.80, I exited the store quite quickly

What's wrong with you, it's way louder in a good way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Silly me picked up the first 4 vinyls a while back, just before the remasters came out.

To be honest, AJFA is the only one I'd really shell out for if they remixed/remastered. But they probably won't out of stubborness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I saw on reddit that the .flac of death magnetic has the ****ty brickwalling issues fixed. I have the DeCiFeR mix on me and have it on vinyl, so not necessary that I'd buy it, but it could be worth a punt if anyone doesn't have the album yet. Definitely improves it and was the most urgent remaster required IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I saw on reddit that the .flac of death magnetic has the ****ty brickwalling issues fixed. I have the DeCiFeR mix on me and have it on vinyl, so not necessary that I'd buy it, but it could be worth a punt if anyone doesn't have the album yet. Definitely improves it and was the most urgent remaster required IMO.

I bought the CD when it came out , and have an MP3 copy of the Guitar Hero mix I think it was? I'm still listening to it on average headphones so it doesn't matter....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

seachto7 wrote: »
    I bought the CD when it came out , and have an MP3 copy of the Guitar Hero mix I think it was? I'm still listening to it on average headphones so it doesn't matter....

Even on shite headphones the difference between the guitar hero mix and CD mix was pretty clear IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Reckon they'll do Dublin or Belfast at some stage?

Saw them in Copenhagen in February, 7th Feb. It was awesome. Had online seen them outdoors prior to this, makes such a huge difference. The Royal Arena in Copenhagen was an amazing venue too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Flying out to Cologne with a couple mates for the Thursday gig. To say I'm looking forward to it would be an understatement.

Hoping for a bit of Spit out the Bone, but like the look of the recent set lists. Nice to see a bit of a shake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Love seeing leper messiah floating about the setlists.

Have pretty much ticked off all my favourite songs live at this stage. Even very unexpected stuff like turn the page and no leaf clover.

Devils dance is the last one I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Johann. wrote: »
    Reckon they'll do Dublin or Belfast at some stage?

Saw them in Copenhagen in February, 7th Feb. It was awesome. Had online seen them outdoors prior to this, makes such a huge difference. The Royal Arena in Copenhagen was an amazing venue too.

They won't play indoors here. 3 Arena can't accommodate their stage setup. I reckon they'll only do outdoor gigs here now....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

They won't play indoors here. 3 Arena can't accommodate their stage setup. I reckon they'll only do outdoor gigs here now....?

Agreed on this , can't ever seeing them doing the 3 arena , defo would be outdoors here if at all now

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Anybody get tickets for London gigs yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

psychozeb wrote: »
    Anybody get tickets for London gigs yet?

My Manchester tickets arrived bout a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

My Manchester tickets arrived bout a week ago.

Magic,should have them soon so hopefully.

psychozeb wrote: »
    Magic,should have them soon so hopefully.

Mine still haven't arrived either. Bought 2 more at the weekend which e tickets, wasnt given that option from Ticketmaster while buying in the Legacy member presale.

UK tickets still onsale here if anyone is interested https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/metallica-tickets?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=owned_social&utm_campaign=metallica_2017

what way does Metallica HQ work ???

like does the company that manages Metallica owe a huge office space/building somewhere in the states and theres a Metallica wing staffed by a few people and in the same space there could be another bands HQ there

the staff are not actually working for Metallica but the management company ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what way does Metallica HQ work ???

like does the company that manages Metallica owe a huge office space/building somewhere in the states and theres a Metallica wing staffed by a few people and in the same space there could be another bands HQ there

the staff are not actually working for Metallica but the management company ???

I think HQ is just their own recording/rehearsal studio. I don't think the business side of things comes out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

They haven't played spit out the teeth yet. I am waiting for this anxiously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

wally1990 wrote: »
    Agreed on this , can't ever seeing them doing the 3 arena , defo would be outdoors here if at all now

Of course they can play the 3 arena

Advertisement